HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The official 2008 Habs board mock draft! (3 rounds)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-13-2008, 06:47 PM
  #76
korky00
Registered User
 
korky00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 641
vCash: 500
sorry cpu bug...go ahead

korky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 06:56 PM
  #77
kostitsyn1489
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Louiseville, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,447
vCash: 500
Well usually it's in the rules if it's trade, no trade or trade only prior to the first selection.

It's not written anywhere so i guess they are allowed... Especially if the 2nd and 3rd round pick are the inversed order without considering NHL trades i think our trasde should be allowed, well that's me, but i didnt start it so... who knows.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 07:22 PM
  #78
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,719
vCash: 500
My take......it's 3 rounds. I believe we almost didn't made it to the actual draft with only 2 rounds last year. With a 12-hour window, it could take a long time before picks. I suggest we don't make trades and just go on with the picks. Going back and forth with the deals thinking about it and then the counteroffers, other teams wanting to pinch in , it will never end....

Just my 2 cents....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 07:26 PM
  #79
Garo
Registered User
 
Garo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montréal
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,670
vCash: 500
The New York Islanders are proud to select, from the Niagara Ice Dogs, Alex Pietrangelo

Real tough choice there, as we had three players pretty close to each other. In the end, we decided to take the blue-chip, two-way talent who could do wonders for our team.

Garo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 07:37 PM
  #80
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,584
vCash: 500
I dont think we should make trade! I agree with whitesnake its only going to make this mock draft much much longer...

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 08:06 PM
  #81
Kaptain Bégin
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Québec, Quebec
Posts: 625
vCash: 500
Oki, so no trades...

Colombus Blue Jackets are on the clock.

Kaptain Bégin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 08:42 PM
  #82
Habsfan18
Registered User
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,402
vCash: 500
sorry guys, but it'd be easier with no trades.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 09:31 PM
  #83
giovanni
Registered User
 
giovanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 424
vCash: 500
so an update for the first five picks.

1) Tampa Bay Lighnting- Steven Stamkos
2) Los Angeles Kings- Drew Doughty
3) Atlanta Trashers- Nikita Filatov
4) St.Louis Blues- Zach Bogosian
5) New York Islanders- Alex Pietrangelo
6) Columbus Blue Jackets- Luke Schenn
7) Toronto Malpe Leafs- Colin Wilson
8) Pheonix Coyotes-Tyler Myers
9) Nashville Predators- Cody Hodgson
10) Vancover Canucks- Klye Beach
11) Chicago Blackhawks- Mikka Beodker
12) Anahiem Ducks- Luca Sbisa
13) Buffalo Sabres- Zac Boychuck
14) Carolina Hurricanes- Micheal Del Zotto
15) Nashville Predators- Colton Teubert
16) Boston Briuns- Joshau Bailey
17) Calgary Flames- Mattis Tedenby
18) Ottawa Senators- Nicolas Deschamp
19) Washington Capitals- John Carlson
20) Minnesota Wild- Tlyer Cuma
21) New Jersey Devils- Greg Nemisz
22) Edmonton Oliers- Andrew Clark
23) Columbus Blue Jackets- Mikhail Stefanovich
24) New York Rangers- Joe Colborne
25) Montreal Canadiens- Justin Jokinen
26) Buffalo Sabres- Arron Ness
27) Philadephia Flyers- Erik Karlsson
28) Los Angeles Kings- Colby Robak
29) Atlanta Thrashers-
30) Detroit Red Wings-


Last edited by giovanni: 05-18-2008 at 12:53 AM.
giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 09:36 PM
  #84
kostitsyn1489
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Louiseville, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,447
vCash: 500
Well anyway my guy is still there so no need for trade!

The New York Islanders are proud to select from Kelowna Rockets defencemen Luke Schenn!

"We just feel like Luke the best defencemen in the draft. We feel like we can build around a guy like him. He logs alot of minutes and he's been a premier shut down guy everywhere he played. He's a born leader, that brings grit and intensity on every shifts. He's a really smart player on and off the ice. We also beleive he's one of the guy in this crop that could jump in the NHL right away and be effective at that level. That's rare for a young defencemen like he is. - Garth Snow.

I'll pm the next guy.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 09:37 PM
  #85
Garo
Registered User
 
Garo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montréal
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
The New York Islanders are proud to select from Kelowna Rockets defencemen Luke Schenn!
Erm, well if I can have both...

Garo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 09:41 PM
  #86
Habsfan18
Registered User
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by giovanni View Post
so an update for the first five picks.

1) Tampa Bay Lighnting- Steven Stamkos
2) Los Angeles Kings- Drew Doughty
3) Atlanta Trashers- Nikita Filatov
4) St.Louis Blues- Zach Bogosian
5) New York Islanders- Alex Pietrangelo
6) Columbus Blue Jackets-
7) Toronto Malpe Leafs-
8) Pheonix Coyotes-
9) Nashville Predators-
10) Vancover Canucks-
yeah, i'm keeping the original post updated.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 09:44 PM
  #87
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy
 
ChuckyToGally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,014
vCash: 500
The Toronto Maple Leafs are proud to select, from Boston University (NCAA), centre Colin Wilson.

"We want to take a new direction. Colin is a great two-way player, we really love his all-around game. We think that we got one of the most complete player in the draft and he was the pick that we were looking for since the beginning."

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 09:44 PM
  #88
kostitsyn1489
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Louiseville, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garo View Post
Erm, well if I can have both...
Haha yeah i wouldnt mind the other one as well.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 09:51 PM
  #89
Schooner Guy
Registered User
 
Schooner Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 André Marcoux View Post
The Toronto Maple Leafs are proud to select, from Boston University (NCAA), centre Colin Wilson.

"We want to take a new direction. Colin is a great two-way player, we really love his all-around game. We think that we got one of the most complete player in the draft and he was the pick that we were looking for since the beginning."
You mean the Leafs aren't going to trade their 1st rounder for another goalie???

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 09:53 PM
  #90
Habsfan18
Registered User
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,402
vCash: 500
With the 8th overall selection in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, the Phoenix Coyotes are pleased and proud to select, from Kelowna of the WHL..defenseman Tyler Myers.

"Tyler is a huge speciman that we feel has an unlimited amount of potential on the back end. He's a great skater that will fit in well in our system here in Phoenix. With Ballard, Michalek, Summers and now Myers, we feel we're set on D for years to come."

I'll PM the next in line.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 09:54 PM
  #91
kostitsyn1489
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Louiseville, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
You mean the Leafs aren't going to trade their 1st rounder for another goalie???
He's lucky, trades arent allowed. They should do the same in the NHL with the leafs, it would help them alot.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 10:25 PM
  #92
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
He's lucky, trades arent allowed. They should do the same in the NHL with the leafs, it would help them alot.
Tuuka Rask for Andrew Raycroft.. Almost makes me forget about the Ribeiro trade, almost.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 11:07 PM
  #93
VanNistelrooy
Registered User
 
VanNistelrooy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Habs Land
Posts: 2,515
vCash: 500
With the 9th draft pick, the Nashville Predators are proud to select...From the Brampton Battalions, Cody Hodgson !

"Cody is a smart forward with a above-average hockey sense. It will be a beauty to watch him play with skilled forward around him like Alexander Radulov in the future".

I'll PM the next.

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 11:46 PM
  #94
Rapmaster
 
Rapmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 360
vCash: 500
With the 10th overall pick, the Vancouver Canucks pick Kyle Beach, from the Everett Silvertips.

"He's a big forward with skill and toughness. He is a dominant player with a edge and he will only get better."

Rapmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 12:03 AM
  #95
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,505
vCash: 500
With their first pick of the 2008 NHL entry draft, the Chicago Blackhawks are proud to select, from the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League, forward Mikkel Boedker.

"Mikkel is a speedy winger who will fit well in our young group of players. With his skill level, it's gonna be a beauty to see him alongside Patrick and Johnathan "

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 01:08 AM
  #96
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,140
vCash: 500
If Boedker really dropped that low I would hope the Habs trade up to get him.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 06:55 AM
  #97
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy
 
ChuckyToGally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
With their first pick of the 2008 NHL entry draft, the Chicago Blackhawks are proud to select, from the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League, forward Mikkel Boedker.

"Mikkel is a speedy winger who will fit well in our young group of players. With his skill level, it's gonna be a beauty to see him alongside Patrick and Johnathan "
Good job on this one.

He was my second option for the 7th overall but I chose to go with Wilson and the safe pick.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 07:02 AM
  #98
Kaptain Bégin
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Québec, Quebec
Posts: 625
vCash: 500
Good morning everyone. First, we want to thanks the Senators organisations and the city of Ottawa for their hospitality.

So, the Anaheim Ducks are proud and pleased to select, from WHL, Lethbridges Hurricanes, defenseman Luca Sbisa.

Alain Chainey, head scout:
«We're happy to select Sbisa. He was a rising player in the couple of months before the draft. He really make stides in his devellopement trough the year. His great playoff convinced us. He's a good all-around defender with speed and not affraid of physical play. We feel he will be able to keep the level of play he shown in playoff and be part of our defensive corps with Mark Mitera in a couple of years. With guys like Niedermayer and Schneider near their retirement and O'Donnell and Pronger over 30, we feel we need a strong defensive prospect group. It's why we choose a defenseman over guys like Boychuck or Bailey.»

Stéphane Leroux: «Is it true you try to trade up to get one of the top defenseman?»

Alain Chainey: «Of course, we all know Brian love to make splash...»

Benoit Brunet: «Alain, hat for your choice!»

Alain Chainey: «Eew, thanks Benoit»


Gary Bettman: «Buffalo and the BlackMarvel are now on the clock.»

Kaptain Bégin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 07:03 AM
  #99
Chomsky
Registered User
 
Chomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 André Marcoux View Post
Good job on this one.

He was my second option for the 7th overall but I chose to go with Wilson and the safe pick.
how is wilson a safer pick than Boedker???

He can't skate.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 07:04 AM
  #100
Chomsky
Registered User
 
Chomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptain Bégin View Post
Good morning everyone. First, we want to thanks the Senators organisations and the city of Ottawa for their hospitality.

So, the Anaheim Ducks are proud and pleased to select, from WHL, Lethbridges Hurricanes, defenseman Luca Sbisa.

Alain Chainey, head scout:
«We're happy to select Sbisa. He was a rising player in the couple of months before the draft. He really make stides in his devellopement trough the year. His great playoff convinced us. He's a good all-around defender with speed and not affraid of physical play. We feel he will be able to keep the level of play he shown in playoff and be part of our defensive corps with Mark Mitera in a couple of years. With guys like Niedermayer and Schneider near their retirement and O'Donnell and Pronger over 30, we feel we need a strong defensive prospect group. It's why we choose a defenseman over guys like Boychuck or Bailey.»

Stéphane Leroux: «Is it true you try to trade up to get one of the top defenseman?»

Alain Chainey: «Of course, we all know Brian love to make splash...»

Benoit Brunet: «Alain, hat for your choice!»

Alain Chainey: «Eew, thanks Benoit»


Gary Bettman: «Buffalo and the BlackMarvel are now on the clock.»
Oh wow... ok.. well #13 must be glad that the new BPA is still there.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.