HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ek: Rangers ALSO after Bouwmeester

Old
05-14-2008, 09:48 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy London Ranger View Post
I actually think that Demitra would be a great fit for us. He knows where the net is and would be more than adequately replace Shanny.
I don't think the guy to replace an aging vet is another aging vet. Not to mention one who is becoming even more injury prone.

Quote:
Bouwmeester is not the only decent D'man available....
True. Nashville and San Jose could be looking to move some d-men this summer.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 09:50 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Guys, you can't get a stud like Bouwmeester without adding in a top-notch prospect (which does not describe Wiikman, Bourret, or Sauer). If you don't want to give up Cherepanov or Sanguinetti, then fine, but then Anisimov has to be included. And of course they'd have to be getting back one or two established NHLers as well, so you're talking about some combination of Tyutin/Girardi/Dawes/Callahan. Then you can start throwing in fringe NHLers like Prucha, mid-level prospects like the ones mentioned above, and picks.
exactly. and remember he's not only a stud. He's only 24 and a stud. You have to give to get.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 10:00 AM
NYR469

first off eklund is a clown and him reporting this means that the rangers are the LEAST likely destination for bouwmeester if he gets moved (which is unlikely imo).

secondly to me saying a team is interested in a player like that saying that water is wet. any gm that doesn't call to ask about the price of any top RFA that isn't signed yet between now and the draft isn't doing their job. that doesn't mean you go after every RFA and in most cases for most teams that price will be too high and that initial inquiry will be the end of the discussions. but the worst thing you can do is be sitting around and have another team pull off a huge move for one of these guys when you didn't even know he was available. you should atleast know the asking price so you can make an educated decision on it.

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
[QUOTE=Trxjw;14105958]I don't think the guy to replace an aging vet is another aging vet. Not to mention one who is becoming even more injury prone.

on second thought I agree..

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 10:34 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
And of course they'd have to be getting back one or two established NHLers as well, so you're talking about some combination of Tyutin/Girardi/Dawes/Callahan.
Which we can't afford to do. We have too many holes to fill already without worrying about upgrading a filled spot. These trade proposals are ridiculous. We aren't getting Bowmeester, Nash, Lacavalier, Gaborik, Kovalchuk or any other superstar or potential superstar people can come up with.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 10:36 AM
Turambar

Always take proven talent over potential.

That said, here's my offer:

Sanguinetti, Callahan, Wiikman, 2nd '08, 1st '09.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 10:41 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
Always take proven talent over potential.

That said, here's my offer:

Sanguinetti, Callahan, Wiikman, 2nd '08, 1st '09.
By your own statements, doesn't that mean they still say no for Brown?

Old
05-14-2008, 10:41 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMez View Post
Perry Pearn for Bouwmeester straight up.
is that an (e5)

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 11:03 AM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
tyutin, dawes, bourret, wiikman, 1st 08

??
for bouwmeester?? i can hear florida laughing already.

if people seriously want to go after bouwmeester START your package with marc staal and 2 1st rounders. florida isn't giving us bouwmeester for a pile of garbage.

Old
05-14-2008, 11:05 AM
NYR469

i know that he won't be available but neither will bouwmeester, but if you want to get a hardon over a RFA dman and overpay out the behind to steal him the target should NOT be bouwmeester. the target should be mike green who is already better than bouwmeester and will be the #1 offensive dman in the entire league in 2 years.

i'm not saying we should do that cause the price will be too high but if you are gonna try to pull a crazy move like this might as well go after the best guy.

Old
05-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

The only thing better than rumors like this are the crappy packages being hypothetically put together to obtain Bouwmeester.

Does anyone really believe the Panthers would accept a brutal package like Prucha, Dawes, Sauer, and a pick for a 24 year old stud D-man who hasnt even hit his prime yet? Two undersized 3rd liners and an AHL defenseman? Really?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 12:21 PM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
The only thing better than rumors like this are the crappy packages being hypothetically put together to obtain Bouwmeester.

Does anyone really believe the Panthers would accept a brutal package like Prucha, Dawes, Sauer, and a pick for a 24 year old stud D-man who hasnt even hit his prime yet? Two undersized 3rd liners and an AHL defenseman? Really?

It should start with Tyutin and Dubinsky and end with Prucha and or Dawes with picks in between.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 12:28 PM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469 View Post
for bouwmeester?? i can hear florida laughing already.

if people seriously want to go after bouwmeester START your package with marc staal and 2 1st rounders. florida isn't giving us bouwmeester for a pile of garbage.
QFT, not to mention that they're still getting killed for the awful Luongo deal, which will haunt them for the next decade. If they move J-Bo, they're looking to net a king's ransom to save face from the Luongo debacle.

Quote:

Again, quoted for truth... These trades might work on your PS3 or XBox in NHL '08, but these aren't realstic options. To quote someone else whom I forget, Prucha, Tyutin and a draft pick has quickly become our version of Ryder, Halak and a 2nd round pick. It's annoying and obnoxious. End it.

MortUWary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 12:47 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
If we're going to make a blockbuster deal I'd rather it be for offense.
This would add offense. JBO would dramatically increase powerplay effectiveness.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 12:48 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
True. Nashville and San Jose could be looking to move some d-men this summer.
I hear from someone inside the league that Nashville is having trouble signing Shea Weber and he may be available.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 01:00 PM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
I hear from someone inside the league that Nashville is having trouble signing Shea Weber and he may be available.
Right-handed booming shot, combination of offense and grit on the backline. Would be the perfect partner for Staal. Now, if we could only produce the assets that Nashville would want back in such a deal...

MortUWary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
I actually heard it was Suter they were having trouble resigning. A thread in the Nashville forum said they threw like 3.2 at him as an extension and he turned it down and said he wanted something long-term.

But hell, I'd take either of them on this team. Nashville would be a better trading partner than Florida IMO. The Cats are going to want D-men back, I'd imagine Nashville would want forwards, considering they're overflowing with great defense.

Old
05-14-2008, 01:08 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortUWary View Post
Right-handed booming shot, combination of offense and grit on the backline. Would be the perfect partner for Staal. Now, if we could only produce the assets that Nashville would want back in such a deal...
Preds are in need of Centers & LW scoring.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469 View Post
i know that he won't be available but neither will bouwmeester, but if you want to get a hardon over a RFA dman and overpay out the behind to steal him the target should NOT be bouwmeester. the target should be mike green who is already better than bouwmeester and will be the #1 offensive dman in the entire league in 2 years.

i'm not saying we should do that cause the price will be too high but if you are gonna try to pull a crazy move like this might as well go after the best guy.
If Mike Green is better than Bouwmeester, than Joe Corvo is the best defenseman in the league.

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 01:14 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:
I actually heard it was Suter they were having trouble resigning. A thread in the Nashville forum said they threw like 3.2 at him as an extension and he turned it down and said he wanted something long-term.

But hell, I'd take either of them on this team. Nashville would be a better trading partner than Florida IMO. The Cats are going to want D-men back, I'd imagine Nashville would want forwards, considering they're overflowing with great defense.

i thought that as well,

i know he turned down the 3.2m deal, suter would be a great guy to pick up

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
why? you do realize that Bouwmeester is a great defensemen who hasn't even reached his prime yet? The type of dman that everybody has been clamoring for.

He's Big at 6'4", physical, can QB the PP is still only 24 yrs old, has a laser of a shot, and probably will be a perennial All star
Plus he's exactly what the Rangers need. A defenseman thats great in his own end and good at getting the puck to the forwards.

The Rangers have good O and D but its their transition game thats lacking IMO. That transitional pass is so important now that if a team doesn't have it they really suffer no matter the forwards.

With the way the Rangers D is now, if they pick up JBO... everything else falls into place. They'll have to give up to get though.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 01:20 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
Plus he's exactly what the Rangers need. A defenseman thats great in his own end and good at getting the puck to the forwards.

The Rangers have good O and D but its their transition game thats lacking IMO. That transitional pass is so important now that if a team doesn't have it they really suffer no matter the forwards.

With the way the Rangers D is now, if they pick up JBO... everything else falls into place. They'll have to give up to get though.
Do we even have the assets to give up to get him back? I'm not so sure. The guys Florida would as for in return (Dubi, Staal) are going to deplete our roster more than Bouwmeester could help it, IMO.

I just have a gut feeling that Sather is going to fill the D from the UFA market, and any trades will effect the offense.

Old
05-14-2008, 01:22 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
True, but the bigger question is: Do we even have the assets to give up to get him back?

I just have a gut feeling that Sather is going to fill the D from the UFA market, and any trades will effect the offense.
The UFA market defensemen is certainly better than it is for forwards.

05-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

We have the assets to get Bouwmeester from Florida, no doubt about it...its just a matter of how far the Rangers are willing to go to get him....my guess is not very far at all.

I think a package of Dubinsky, Sanguinetti, Prucha or Dawes, and a pick would come close to getting it done.

If Anisimov is the real deal, perhaps Dubinsky becomes expendable in a deal like this.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 01:37 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
We have the assets to get Bouwmeester from Florida, no doubt about it...its just a matter of how far the Rangers are willing to go to get him....my guess is not very far at all.

I think a package of Dubinsky, Sanguinetti, Prucha or Dawes, and a pick would come close to getting it done.

If Anisimov is the real deal, perhaps Dubinsky becomes expendable in a deal like this.
Thats the thing. Nobody knows if AA is going to be the real deal or not. They can speculate, and he certainly has the talent and size, but we won't know until he gets some time in the NHL. Do we move Dubi now in a package for a guy like J-Bo, or do we hold onto him while AA gets some NHL experience on a 2nd or 3rd line wing?