HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The LilWinger11-Beakermania Thread... She Said Yes Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
05-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Blades 0f Steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
When I think of you I think of the Zodiac killer...I don't know why...
That's...touching.

Go ahead, PM for ...no one will respond in time.

Old
05-15-2008, 06:20 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KostitsyntheBagBaby View Post
Are there posters here that remind you of people you know in real life? Do you have a mental image of the poster based on this person?
No posters here remind me of anyone in my real life. But I do get a mental image sometimes with certain posters or hear a voice.

With Fido for example, as I'm reading his posts I hear Brian's (Family Guy) voice. mcphee I hear the old guy from the quaker oats commercials.

05-15-2008, 06:21 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
It's a wireless communications company. Meaning anything that can be transferred through the air, (internet, television signals, images). My company installs all the equipment needed.
Super. Congratulations. It takes serious guts and a lots of hard work (in the good sense) to succeed this way, but man must it be rewarding. Hats off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KostitsyntheBagBaby View Post
Are there posters here that remind you of people you know in real life? Do you have a mental image of the poster based on this person?
My McPhee has a mustache.

Quote:
mcphee I hear the old guy from the quaker oats commercials.
Oh! EXACTLY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Global warming.
There was a thread about that. Maybe you can just copy-paste a few things and be done.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 05-15-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old
05-15-2008, 06:22 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
No posters here remind me of anyone in my real life. But I do get a mental image sometimes with certain posters or hear a voice.

With Fido for example, as I'm reading his posts I hear Brian's (Family Guy) voice. mcphee I hear the old guy from the quaker oats commercials.
I think McPhee was uncredited in Cocoon...

"It's the right thing to do."

Old
05-15-2008, 06:26 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
Super. Congratulations. It takes serious guts and a lots of hard work (in the good sense) to succeed this way, but man must it be rewarding. Hats off.
Thanks Fido, I hope I didn't come across as bragging. As I'm sure there are many posters here in a better situation than I am.

I just wanted to show that with hard work and determination, you can accomplish whatever you want. Oh and yes it is rewarding, but it's also a lot of hard work. I also miss out on a lot of things that the normal 9/5 person does. My company is a 24/7 365 day a year commitment, but I wouldn't trade it to go back.

Old
05-15-2008, 06:27 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
There was a thread about that. Maybe you can just copy-paste a few things and be done.
Not needed, I already have my stuff because we had to do an oral about our subject. But still, it's freaking boring. I wish I had a laptop to go outside and type it

Old
05-15-2008, 06:28 PM
LilWinger11

Quote:
Not needed, I already have my stuff because we had to do an oral about our subject. But still, it's freaking boring. I wish I had a laptop to go outside and type it
Sexual innuendo in 3... 2... 1...

Old
05-15-2008, 06:29 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post
That one was too easy.

Old
05-15-2008, 06:29 PM
ari1160

Quote:
I figure skated competitively from age 11 to 25. The last year, I started playing a little hockey too. I put on my first hockey skates when I was 23. I coach mostly low- to mid-level figure skaters, but I've done private power-skating with a couple of house-league kids, and I teach the pre-hockey learn-to-skate program for the 4- to 6-year-olds.

And now, for the questions I'm sure you all have about the figure skating- yes, I wore those short little outfits. Yes, the skirts have pants attached, and we also wear tights. No, I can't quite do the splits anymore, but I could until a few years ago. Yes, I used to take ballet. No, I can't lift my leg over my head, although when I'm warmed up I can get my foot to about shoulder height.
you have the BEST job of all time. it sounds really really fun.

Quote:
Here are some serious questions, *yes I can be serious*

1. What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?

2. Are there other positions available in your company that you might be interested in? If so, do you have the qualifications or can you easily obtain them?

3. As a child, what was it that you always wanted to be when you grew up?
1. i have no idea lol.

2. i work part time for bell (technical help for customer service) but am still in school studying math / statistics. yea i know boring

3. beside wanted to be a hockey player, i always wanted to be mechatronics engineer ( creating those future robots )or an architect but damn those chemistry class in high school. i just dont get chemistry. my brain only gets math

Old
05-15-2008, 06:31 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Damn! You have one corrupted mind! I'm sure Beaker likes it!

Old
05-15-2008, 06:32 PM
LilWinger11

Quote:
Who do you think corrupted me?

Old
05-15-2008, 06:33 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ari1160 View Post
1. i have no idea lol.

It's not the end of the world if you don't know now. But in your spare time I would look into different things and see what interests you.

2. i work part time for bell (technical help for customer service) but am still in school studying math / statistics. yea i know boring

lol, when I worked for Bell (Mobility) I started off in customer service as well. So don't worry, I feel your pain. As long as you are actually learning something, it's never boring.

3. beside wanted to be a hockey player, i always wanted to be mechatronics engineer ( creating those future robots )or an architect but damn those chemistry class in high school. i just dont get chemistry. my brain only gets math
You sound like a young genius, PM me when you've finished school if you need a job.

Quote:
Sadly if you stay here long enough you're mind will be corrupted too. Poor LW11, she was about to become a nun before she came here...look at her now.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 05-15-2008 at 09:20 PM.
Old
05-15-2008, 06:36 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Thanks Fido, I hope I didn't come across as bragging. As I'm sure there are many posters here in a better situation than I am.

I just wanted to show that with hard work and determination, you can accomplish whatever you want. Oh and yes it is rewarding, but it's also a lot of hard work. I also miss out on a lot of things that the normal 9/5 person does. My company is a 24/7 365 day a year commitment, but I wouldn't trade it to go back.
No bragging whatsoever (you really want to come off as a bad boy donít you).

My gf's dad is a small-medium business owner. I see what it entails. I've also worked on financings with small-medium sized companies and know the entrepreneurs well. I find small-medium businesses to be what capitalism is all about. Love seeing them succeed through their efforts.

Old
05-15-2008, 06:37 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Who do you think corrupted me?
Then it was a well done job .

Quote:
Sadly if you stay here long enough you're mind will be corrupted too. Poor LW11, she was about to become a nun before she came here...look at her now.
My High School friends took care of that

Last edited by Beakermania*: 05-15-2008 at 09:21 PM.
Old
05-15-2008, 06:38 PM
ari1160

Quote:
You sound like a young genius, PM me when you've finished school if you need a job.
i will so PM you for a job once my study are done .. well it might take another 2 years haha.
where do you work now?

Old
05-15-2008, 06:38 PM
LilWinger11

Quote:
I was hoping to join Les Soeurs Bleus, Blancs, et Rouges. Either that or the same convent as Sister Danielle...

Old
05-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Kachino

vCash: 50
970 posts and going for thread part III? Wow, you guys are pretty awesome to keep this up...

Old
05-15-2008, 06:44 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
No bragging whatsoever (you really want to come off as a bad boy donít you).

My gf's dad is a small-medium business owner. I see what it entails. I've also worked on financings with small-medium sized companies and know the entrepreneurs well. I find small-medium businesses to be what capitalism is all about. Love seeing them succeed through their efforts.
My business is still considered small I only have 30 people working for me. But my goal by the end of the year is to double in size. Part of the reason why I missed your Bachelor party was I was meeting with some govt officials from Barrie to not only extend my contract with them. But to expand on it as well.

I also have a big meeting with RIM coming up in about a week. Maybe if I'm lucky...Mr. Balsillie will decide to hire my company.

Quote:
My High School friends took care of that
lol, well they have done a good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ari1160 View Post
i will so PM you for a job once my study are done .. well it might take another 2 years haha.
where do you work now?
I look forward to the PM, hopefully my business is still around in 2 years. At the moment mostly in southern ontario. But hopefully over the next couple of years I'll expand out west. I have done some work for some of the Hab players who own homes in Quebec. Mostly simple things like setting up security systems.

Quote:
I was hoping to join Les Soeurs Bleus, Blancs, et Rouges. Either that or the same convent as Sister Danielle...

lol...you have such a cool sense of humor.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 05-15-2008 at 09:22 PM.
Old
05-15-2008, 06:49 PM
ari1160

Quote:

Sister Danielle

LW11 rocks.

Old
05-15-2008, 06:53 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
My business is still considered small I only have 30 people working for me. But my goal by the end of the year is to double in size. Part of the reason why I missed your Bachelor party was I was meeting with some govt officials from Barrie to not only extend my contract with them. But to expand on it as well.

I also have a big meeting with RIM coming up in about a week. Maybe if I'm lucky...Mr. Balsillie will decide to hire my company.
Or buy it

Old
05-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Or buy it
lol..yeah I could handle that.

Old
05-15-2008, 07:07 PM
Fido22

Quote:

Plus you run 5 kms every morning prior to 7am.

Did you fall into a bowl of sugar when you were a baby or something?

Old
05-15-2008, 07:08 PM
LilWinger11

Quote:
I look forward to the PM, hopefully my business is still around in 2 years. At the moment mostly in southern ontario. But hopefully over the next couple of years I'll expand out west. I have done some work for some of the Hab players who own homes in Quebec. Mostly simple things like setting up security systems.
Damn, if we had known that before the bachelorette party, we could have had a kick-ass scavenger hunt and begged you for addresses and alarm codes!

Old
05-15-2008, 07:10 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Damn, if we had known that before the bachelorette party, we could have had a kick-ass scavenger hunt and begged you for addresses and alarm codes!

We'll I'm off. See you people in the Part III thread.

Old
05-15-2008, 07:15 PM
The n00b King ©*

Woah, almost 1000 posts ZOMG.

Closed Thread