HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wich Rookie Do You Want To See With The Habs Next Season?

Old
05-15-2008, 03:49 PM
Jakomyte

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Chipchura and Pacioretty.

Chipchura for his offensive upside, smarts and unbeatable ability on the boards.

Pacioretty for his speed, offensive prowess and willingness to get dirty in the front of the net.

I'm getting excited thinking of him and Higgins together on the same line...

Jakomyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Talent Analyst

Higgins-Koivu-S.Kost
A.Kost-Plekanek-Kovalev
Pacioretty-Chipchura-Latendresse
Begin-Lapierre-Kostospoulos
Stewart

Markov-Komisarek
Hamrlik-O'Byrne
Bouillon-Gorges
Valentenko

I would put Valentenko instead of Bouillon, but Bouillon and Gorges has been very good for us while playing together.

Talent Analyst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 04:11 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Chipchura and Stewart/D'Agostini (depending on the free agent we sign). I want Valentenko and O'Byrne to play everyday so I'd rather have O'Byrne as a NHL regular and Tank as a top pairing AHLer. No need to rush him, let him settle into North America. He'll be Boullion's replace in 2009/2010.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Kyle Chipchura since he should have never gone down in the first place.
We managed to finish 1st in the East without him.
He needs to improve his speed if he wants to stay on this team.

I hope we get a player like Rolston, because put him with Higgins and Chipper would make our 3rd line very interesting IMO.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 05:23 PM
jaffy27

It's gonna be Chipchura and Stewart and hopefully Emelin but I can see Emelin seeing alot of time in Hamilton and Stewart being a guy that will get like 40 games

jaffy27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 05:33 PM
jaffy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
Higgins-Koivu-S.Kost
A.Kost-Plekanek-Kovalev
Pacioretty-Chipchura-Latendresse
Begin-Lapierre-Kostospoulos
Stewart

Markov-Komisarek
Hamrlik-O'Byrne
Bouillon-Gorges
Valentenko

I would put Valentenko instead of Bouillon, but Bouillon and Gorges has been very good for us while playing together.
The D sounds about right, but I can't see Pacioretty playing yet although it would be nice. Look for Higgins and S.Kost to be on the 3rd with Latendresse. This is the way I see it happening or I hope it would happen like this.

Malone Koivu Selanne
Kostitsyn Pleks Kovalev
Latendresse Higgins S.Kostit
Begin Lapierre Kostopolous

Stewart and Chipchura and Streit as your extras although I can see Streit in most games.

Your D is

Markov Komi
Hamrlik O'Byrne
Bouillon Gorges
Valentenko, Emelin and Streit as the extra guys

Price
Halak

Selanne only gets signed for a year, which free's up about 12 million between Koivu Kovalev and Selanne.

jaffy27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 05:45 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
We managed to finish 1st in the East without him.
He needs to improve his speed if he wants to stay on this team.
And I'm sure this team would have finished in 8th if he was in and Smolinski out. Chipchura's speed was fine, he's faster than Latendresse nd he seemed ok sticking with the team.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Beakermania*

A lot of people have really gone crazy on the Stewart bandwagon.... C'mon people it was one game against a team (Leafs) who wasn't playing for anything.....

He showed skills I never saw from him at the AHL level, and he showed things that our regular AHL watchers (QJD, BluesClues, Montreal, Thief50, etc...) didn't see out of him either.... I really think we have to see what he brings in training camp before we know if he can make this team.

I have serious questions if this was a one game adrenaline based OMG I'm getting an NHL shot on HNIC thing.... or was it the real Greg Stewart. Sadly I think it was the former. This is not to say he'll never make the NHL, but to want to automatically anoint him with a spot, or the posters who suggested putting him in the playoff lineup... I think is a little foolhardy myself.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 05:53 PM
Kachino

vCash: 50
Which rookies do you want to see with the Habs next season?

Max Pacioretty
Kyle Chipchura

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 07:46 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I would like Begin and Dandenault to be shifted out of the team and hopefully traded. These players can be replaced and are easy to find.
Assuming we wish to replace Begin, Dandenault and Brisebois, please give your predictions of whom the habs would bring in.

Ready, set, go!

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 08:13 PM
redmachine54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieremania View Post
A lot of people have really gone crazy on the Stewart bandwagon.... C'mon people it was one game against a team (Leafs) who wasn't playing for anything.....

He showed skills I never saw from him at the AHL level, and he showed things that our regular AHL watchers (QJD, BluesClues, Montreal, Thief50, etc...) didn't see out of him either.... I really think we have to see what he brings in training camp before we know if he can make this team.

I have serious questions if this was a one game adrenaline based OMG I'm getting an NHL shot on HNIC thing.... or was it the real Greg Stewart. Sadly I think it was the former. This is not to say he'll never make the NHL, but to want to automatically anoint him with a spot, or the posters who suggested putting him in the playoff lineup... I think is a little foolhardy myself.
I agree with this. I don't really see anything more than a Kostopoulos kind of role for this guy, even though the one game this season was impressive. The kinda guy who can fight (and lose? :p) and bring energy to the team, as well as play the PK effectively. Outside Chipchura, I think Grabo (if he sticks around) or D'Agostini has a better shot at the line-up. Kosto and Bégin's contracts end after next season, so I expect we might see more of him then.

redmachine54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 10:27 PM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by drez54 View Post
I agree with this. I don't really see anything more than a Kostopoulos kind of role for this guy, even though the one game this season was impressive. The kinda guy who can fight (and lose? :p) and bring energy to the team, as well as play the PK effectively. Outside Chipchura, I think Grabo (if he sticks around) or D'Agostini has a better shot at the line-up. Kosto and Bégin's contracts end after next season, so I expect we might see more of him then.
Only way I see Stewart there is if one of Kost/Begin or possibly Laps are out or are gone. Only need so much 4th line fodder.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

I expect Chipchura to debut the season with the Canadiens, and Patches to come up a la Sergei Kostitsyn half way through. Lets face it, how many big, fast, gritty forwards do we have? Ive only seen a little of him and Im on his bandwagon. As for Chipchura, I actually liked how he was playing when we had him! He's a smart player, I like what he brings to the table. He just needs more games to adjust and he'll be great.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 12:20 AM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post

Darkhorse candidate to make the team: Ben Maxwell. Because of his injuries, it's hard to tell how far along he is in his development, but I think he could surprise.
Just for your info, here's how White and Maxwell stack up during their junior career.
Games played over 4 seasons; White 275, Maxwell 210
Avg goals per game; White 0.33, Maxwell 0.3
Avg assist per game White 0.53, Maxwell 0.45
Avg points per game White 0.86, Maxwell 0.75
Avg pen mins per game White 1.49, Maxwell 0.76

So, more scoring, more assists, more penalties, less injuries & more robust for White.....

sbtatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 12:30 AM
Megaforce

Pierre Dagenais has a very young child who looks like he might grow up to be a good player.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 12:30 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
Just for your info, here's how White and Maxwell stack up during their junior career.
Games played over 4 seasons; White 275, Maxwell 210
Avg goals per game; White 0.33, Maxwell 0.3
Avg assist per game White 0.53, Maxwell 0.45
Avg points per game White 0.86, Maxwell 0.75
Avg pen mins per game White 1.49, Maxwell 0.76

So, more scoring, more assists, more penalties, less injuries & more robust for White.....
Doesnt mean squat. Corey Locke destroys all those statistics, yet he can't find a place on the NHL team.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 12:32 AM
Booky

Chipper And Tank

Booky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 12:33 AM
Booky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
Pierre Dagenais has a very young child who looks like he might grow up to be a good player.
HAve you ever seen such a fugly jersey????

Old
05-16-2008, 12:34 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booky View Post
HAve you ever seen such a fugly jersey????
Yeah, i know what you mean; it has a Ribeiro stuck on it!

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 12:36 AM
Booky

Made by kappa!!!
They use to do the italian soccer ones, Ribs would fit in nicely with "The" faking...

Old
05-16-2008, 12:41 AM
Richybaby

MaxPac and Valentenko

Richybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 06:55 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Dandenault definitely needs to be moved.

Bouillon should be considered as well. Almost $2 million for a #6 d-man? Unacceptable. (I consider Gorges #4, O'Byrne #5).
Hold on a sec here! Before we unload Bouillon, we should part ways with Brisebois. I don't want to see Brisebois on this team next year even if he wants to play for free. He's soft, slow and defensively inept. i read only the first page but I can't believe Brisebois slipped through the cracks and posters are talking about getting rid of Bouillon. I hope you guys realize he was our best defenceman in the playoffs.

As for the question, well the only shoe-in is Chipchura. D'agostini, Stewart and Valentenko are all three question marks. Pacioretty - I really don't know. But from here - four months away - it looks like only Chips is ready to take over.

Also, something bothers me about the Ryder situation. I have a feeling that Gainey would like to keep him. It's just a feeling but Carbonneau does not like his game. Gainey did mention at the press conference that he didn't know if Ryder would be back or not. Was he just being polite or will he make a half-hearted effort to sign him? I personally would like to keep him but I think he's gone.

Last edited by onice: 05-16-2008 at 07:17 AM.
onice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 08:19 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Hold on a sec here! Before we unload Bouillon, we should part ways with Brisebois. I don't want to see Brisebois on this team next year even if he wants to play for free. He's soft, slow and defensively inept. i read only the first page but I can't believe Brisebois slipped through the cracks and posters are talking about getting rid of Bouillon. I hope you guys realize he was our best defenceman in the playoffs.

As for the question, well the only shoe-in is Chipchura. D'agostini, Stewart and Valentenko are all three question marks. Pacioretty - I really don't know. But from here - four months away - it looks like only Chips is ready to take over.

Also, something bothers me about the Ryder situation. I have a feeling that Gainey would like to keep him. It's just a feeling but Carbonneau does not like his game. Gainey did mention at the press conference that he didn't know if Ryder would be back or not. Was he just being polite or will he make a half-hearted effort to sign him? I personally would like to keep him but I think he's gone.
I think that if we piece together comments from our posters who hear gossip from The Rock, it's over here. I think Gainey was saying , without being exact, that S.Kost. took his job and Carbo didn't want to use him on a checking line. I think Ryder got frustrated and felt he had no future with their coach, or coaching staff.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 08:33 AM
sandman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I think that if we piece together comments from our posters who hear gossip from The Rock, it's over here. I think Gainey was saying , without being exact, that S.Kost. took his job and Carbo didn't want to use him on a checking line. I think Ryder got frustrated and felt he had no future with their coach, or coaching staff.
supposedly, it was more so carbo than anything given muller told ryder to ask carbo why he wasnt playing*

*this bit of speculation brought you by various posters on hf however so take it how you will

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 09:08 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post

Gainey: "Player evaluation is not done"

Basically...

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote