Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Finland

Ville Leino

Old
04-16-2008, 04:59 PM
Kuhta

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joretus View Post
So he is ready to fight to earn or not?.
I really hope so. His new role would make his game a little more defensive. That doesnīt mean you must go to AHL to prove that you earn it.

Quote:
0, since he hasn't been good enough to being in WC/Olympics or any other big tournaments. Which tells a lot, since Finland isn't really filled with top NHL forwards.
Exactly, he hasnīt had the shot yet. I hope he gets it this spring. And the fact that these would be his first big games in lions tells nothing. Heīs a late bloomer.

Quote:
And SM-liiga stats aren't really good comparasion. In this case at least. You are comparing one season 21y vs 25y. And as addition of course JJokinen is 0.6ppg in NHL at best in NHL as well. You can just watch eg Salmelainen. Over PPG in SM-liiga and 0.2ppg in NHL. You are giving way too much weight for points in weak SM-liiga. And like 30points more in SM-liiga would mean automatically same in NHL as well. It's different game in NHL in so many ways.
I know, thatīs why i agree that guys like Kontiola is more locked up to have NHL-career.

Quote:
You ppl are really being so unrealistic that I have hard time to believe these text...
Or did you read at all? I said that that would be his best of the best season. Same as Kontiola could have 40 points season when everything goes well and stars are in right position. Both are still unlikely to make those kind of points.

Quote:
Leino is already 25y. If he would be PPG player in NHL he would already play in NHL.
Heīs not ppg NHLer, but with his skills it could happend. Itīs all about how he fits to NA:n game.

Quote:
And being PPG player in NHL would mean he would be already clearly best finnish player, which he isn't. He is really long away from being better than lets say Jussi Jokinen who is mentioned above, let alone bein same category as Olli Jokinen, etc. And then already talking about PPG player in NHL... which would make him same class as Alfredssons, Kovalchuks etc.
In my opinion heīs better than J.Jokinen. And my opinion was that he could make 60 points next season in right line with pp time. Same kind of season that Jokinen had with Modano, Lehtinen and Zubov.

Kuhta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 09:24 AM
Tiina

Well well, tonight we can watch the line Leino-Immonen-Pihlman at work against Russia.Leino seems to bee much better as a winger than center.
The line Anttila 6`7-Santala 6ī3-Petrell 6ī3 is interesting too

Tiina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 05:37 PM
JackTalkThai

Filppula helped sell Ikea-dominated Wings to fellow Finn Leino

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2008...ikeadomin.html

JackTalkThai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 03:12 AM
Taze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhta View Post
Same as Kontiola could have 40 points season when everything goes well and stars are in right position. Both are still unlikely to make those kind of points.
How much are you willing to bet that Kontiola DOESN'T score 40 or more points in more than one season? I'm probably going to take the bet. Obviously you don't belive that Kontiola could regulary put up those kind of points, so it shouldn't even be a stretch.

Taze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 03:25 AM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Quote:
In my opinion heīs better than J.Jokinen.
He has slightly better technique, but skating wise Jussi is clearly superior. As well in two-way play and probably willingness to working hard.

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 08:21 AM
bandolero

Quote:
In my opinion heīs better than J.Jokinen.
That's quite bold statement to make. Jussi Jokinen's stats from Finland are much imperessive than Leino's stats. Jussi made already at the age of 19 37 points in 51 games. I bet there isn't so many finnish players who has done the same. Also so far he has made 42 points in his worst NHL-season (this season). J.Jokinen and Leino have both born at the same year and the other have played in NHL already 3 years. Sure Leino is better in some areas but J.Jokinen certain is a better player as complete package.

bandolero is offline   Reply With Quote