HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hamilton, Cincinnati Thread, Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
05-14-2008, 09:04 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Likely so, but both will be missed if that's the case, as they were both good guys to have in Hamilton as they always worked hard and while not the fastest or most skilled guys, at least on the ice they showed the younger players a good example for work ethic as well as a good physical game.
I know we have a couple guys to add in that Dogs lineup but likely all those departures will help Andlauer to stay true to his words and will permit him to bring some vets in the lineup.

I'm not against that though. Can't be bad to have a more experience lineup to teach our kids. It can't be at the detriment of the kids though. Like for the Marlies. Great to see them for that organization to do well....but it's really at the detriment of Pogge while Clemmensen gets all the starts.

Clemmensen is UFA this year. He's having good playoffs now. We should sign him with the Dogs, making him the official #1 starter and even a shot at being Price's backup if we decide to trade Halak.

Old
05-14-2008, 02:18 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I know we have a couple guys to add in that Dogs lineup but likely all those departures will help Andlauer to stay true to his words and will permit him to bring some vets in the lineup.

I'm not against that though. Can't be bad to have a more experience lineup to teach our kids. It can't be at the detriment of the kids though. Like for the Marlies. Great to see them for that organization to do well....but it's really at the detriment of Pogge while Clemmensen gets all the starts.

Clemmensen is UFA this year. He's having good playoffs now. We should sign him with the Dogs, making him the official #1 starter and even a shot at being Price's backup if we decide to trade Halak.
I am all for a winning Dogs team as I am a huge fan but I want to see our prospects develop first and win second. I hope they bring in some help as long as it doesn't cut into the development of Maxwell/White/Wyman/Trotter/Weber. That's a lot of rookies to go with second year players Valentenko/Carle/Russell. So we will need some vets. Perhaps guys like Baines and Biron can be talked into staying. I also wonder what will happen with Locker and Milroy.

Clemmensen is a good way to go, hopefully Gainey finds a good 3rd goalie to be a starter for the Dogs, if they trade Halak then that just means we need another goalie in addition.

Old
05-15-2008, 01:30 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Cyclones lost 5-4 in OT

still lead the series 2-1

Old
05-15-2008, 02:49 AM
guest1467

If the Cyclones win the Kelly Cup, would there be a bit of a ripple effect? Who do you guys expect to be bumped up to Hamilton. Aubin is definitely an option, what about Beaugard and Desjardins or others?

Old
05-15-2008, 10:49 AM
Form and Substance

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
If the Cyclones win the Kelly Cup, would there be a bit of a ripple effect? Who do you guys expect to be bumped up to Hamilton. Aubin is definitely an option, what about Beaugard and Desjardins or others?
Pretty sure Latendresse, Desjardins, Aubin, Beauregegard, Desharnais are locks for Hamilton next year.

Old
05-15-2008, 11:49 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Well I'd wait till they make it past this round first, before talking about winning the Kelly Cup. As for who will move up, Aubin better for his sake, as he's already spent enough time in the ECHL, that said until he learns to use his size better, play more physical and get faster, he'll have a hard time sticking with the Dogs. Desjardins I assume is pegged to be the backup. Conrad Martin could stick with the club full time, Gleed I don't know what they will do with him, Beauregard should get a look for sure but hopefully he picks up a step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Form and Substance View Post
Pretty sure Latendresse, Desjardins, Aubin, Beauregegard, Desharnais are locks for Hamilton next year.
I wouldn't say that, 4 forwards moving up with 3 rookie forwards plus Trotter might still be considered a rookie, forget if he played too many games. That's a lot of youth in the lineup, but we'll have to see what vets are brought back or if they sign any new vets to help with all the young players.

Old
05-15-2008, 12:46 PM
Squeaky

Quote:
I'd be really surprised if all those guys play all season for Hamilton next year. I think they'll all get a long look in the Dogs camp, but I doubt they all make the cut.

Old
05-15-2008, 02:28 PM
scosar

Quote:
I really hope they make it to the next round. I live in Vegas and local team dominated all yea similar to Cincy. I would love to be able to watch them play a few games in person.

Old
05-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Richybaby

Quote:
Almost impossible if you consider that White, Maxwell and Trotter and now signed...It will be tough to see the 4 of them but they all deserve it. The one who impress me the most is Desharnais. What a good player he is !

Old
05-15-2008, 05:44 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:

I wouldn't say Clemmensen is having a good playoffs. I get LeafsTV for free because of my Rogers digital box and from the Marlies playoffs games I've seen, he gives up a lot of bad rebounds and bad goals. He's a average AHL starter imo. I say we go after Michael Leighton who's also an UFA.

Old
05-15-2008, 11:50 PM
Form and Substance

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Well I'd wait till they make it past this round first, before talking about winning the Kelly Cup. As for who will move up, Aubin better for his sake, as he's already spent enough time in the ECHL, that said until he learns to use his size better, play more physical and get faster, he'll have a hard time sticking with the Dogs. Desjardins I assume is pegged to be the backup. Conrad Martin could stick with the club full time, Gleed I don't know what they will do with him, Beauregard should get a look for sure but hopefully he picks up a step.

I wouldn't say that, 4 forwards moving up with 3 rookie forwards plus Trotter might still be considered a rookie, forget if he played too many games. That's a lot of youth in the lineup, but we'll have to see what vets are brought back or if they sign any new vets to help with all the young players.
I'm under the impression these 4 players are the building blocks of the Hamilton offense in a couple of years.

Old
05-16-2008, 01:38 AM
Templeton

We should sign Dustin Tokarski to help Danis next year. He would be more effective than Andrew Loverock who is a third goalie in a dead last team in the OHL...

Old
05-16-2008, 07:39 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Templeton View Post
We should sign Dustin Tokarski to help Danis next year. He would be more effective than Andrew Loverock who is a third goalie in a dead last team in the OHL...
First, we'll see how handles the Memorial Cup. Then, you'll have to draft him. He's draft eligible this year, he's not UFA. And then helping Danis might not be the point here. Wouldn't be surprised to see Danis leaving and get a fresh start somewhere else. There's the 20-year old from Rimouski, JC Blanchard that I hope we would try to sign.

Old
05-16-2008, 08:17 AM
SOLR

Quote:
I'm under the impression these 4 players are the building blocks of the Hamilton offense in a couple of years.
I really don't think so, some of them might mature up to be good players, but I still think the prime offense in AHL teams come from guys drafted in the 2 first rounds by the parent team.

If Paccioretty signs, he will likely play in Hamilton all year with Maxwell and Wyman, for example. This would easily be the first bulldogs line.(Or D'Agostini at Wyman's spot)

Then theres White, Trotter, Corey Locke who said hes willing to stay. He will most likely play LW with the addition of Maxwell and White.

Maxpac-Maxwell-D'Agostini
Locke - White - Wyman
-Trotter-

+ AHL vets(I don't follow their contract situation a lot) guys like Milroy, Baines etc.

Last edited by SOLR: 05-16-2008 at 08:41 AM.
Old
05-16-2008, 08:20 AM
SOLR

Quote:
First, we'll see how handles the Memorial Cup. Then, you'll have to draft him. He's draft eligible this year, he's not UFA. And then helping Danis might not be the point here. Wouldn't be surprised to see Danis leaving and get a fresh start somewhere else. There's the 20-year old from Rimouski, JC Blanchard that I hope we would try to sign.
Id widely prefer a guy like Leighton, Aubin, Sabourin with our 2 very young ones with the big club. Let's not forget a 3rd goalie often see some considerable time in the NHL when bad things happen.

Old
05-16-2008, 08:26 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Id widely prefer a guy like Leighton, Aubin, Sabourin with our 2 very young ones with the big club. Let's not forget a 3rd goalie often see some considerable time in the NHL when bad things happen.
I know. I keep mentioning the names of Aubin and Clemmensen as part of our tandem in Hamilton. But I have high hopes in Blanchard as well even if it's to send him to Cincy. And have Desjardins backing up one of Aubin, Clemmensen, Leighton and Sabourin like you mentioned.

Old
05-16-2008, 08:51 AM
Squeaky

Quote:
Why?

Quote:
I really don't think so, some of them might mature up to be good players, but I still think the prime offense in AHL teams come from guys drafted in the 2 first rounds by the parent team.

If Paccioretty signs, he will likely play in Hamilton all year with Maxwell and Wyman, for example. This would easily be the first bulldogs line.(Or D'Agostini at Wyman's spot)

Then theres White, Trotter, Corey Locke who said hes willing to stay. He will most likely play LW with the addition of Maxwell and White.

Locke - White - Wyman
-Trotter-

+ AHL vets(I don't follow their contract situation a lot) guys like Milroy, Baines etc.
I'm not going to say that Max and White won't be the top 2 centers in Hamilton next year, but I will say that I won't be terribly surprised if they aren't. Some players need at least a season to adjust to the AHL coming from juniors. Guys like Balej, Hossa, Plekanec, Kostitsyn the elder and even Locke himself took some time to be effective. White in particular might be better suited on the 3rd or 4th lines for a while, much like Chipchura was iirc.

Old
05-16-2008, 09:10 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
Why?

I'm not going to say that Max and White won't be the top 2 centers in Hamilton next year, but I will say that I won't be terribly surprised if they aren't. Some players need at least a season to adjust to the AHL coming from juniors. Guys like Balej, Hossa, Plekanec, Kostitsyn the elder and even Locke himself took some time to be effective. White in particular might be better suited on the 3rd or 4th lines for a while, much like Chipchura was iirc.
Yeah I feel the same about White, I was just thinking out loud with the global picture in mind. Of course Lever will micro-manage those players to get the best of them.

Old
05-16-2008, 09:12 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Game 4 tonight 7:05

Cinncinati leads 2-1

Ill be missing this game

Old
05-16-2008, 10:08 AM
chsb

Quote:

Locke - White - Wyman
-Trotter-

With Latendresse, Beauregard, Desharnais,Aubin knocking on the AHL level next seson, some of these forwards will be knocked off....there is just too much offensive punch there to be ignored....unless the Habs goof again....

Old
05-16-2008, 01:17 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:

Locke - White - Wyman
-Trotter-

Pacioretty will either play in College or in Montreal... nowhere else.

Old
05-16-2008, 01:48 PM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Why wouldn't he play in Hamilton?

Old
05-16-2008, 01:52 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
If he wants to be at the main camp he cant go back to college. I dont think the team can garanty him an NHL spot. I'm pretty sure he's going to the AHL if he dosent make the NHL.

Old
05-16-2008, 03:11 PM
fatmax

Ferland update

I didn't see posted here (although, I didn't did an extensive search)

Jonathan Ferland will play in Austria next season (RDS announce it on Wednesday).

I guess there was no room in the NHL for Ferland (which is not really surprising). I hope the best for him and a long Ice Hockey career.

Old
05-16-2008, 03:13 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
If he wants to be at the main camp he cant go back to college. I dont think the team can garanty him an NHL spot. I'm pretty sure he's going to the AHL if he dosent make the NHL.
For his development, he better play in College another year than play in Hamilton, If he is good enough to make the big club, so be it !

Closed Thread