HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Baranka Signs with Spartak Moscow

Old
05-16-2008, 11:01 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Can Anisimov (plays center) follow next if he does not get roster spot in a few years because as of right now Rangers are set at center for a long time with Gomez, Drury, Dubinsky and Betts.

Can Artem play LW?
Yeah, you would like that, wouldn't you?

No idea why this post was made in this thread. Not even related and clearly posted to piss people off.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 11:45 AM
eco's bones

The problem here is our only prospect d-men that seemed close enough were Potter and Baranka. What it means is we're going after at least 2 free agent defensemen. We do have Pock but I think at this point he's just an insurance policy. So at least for the time being we have less depth and will have to spend even more money on that position--that is unless we're signing Strudwick again.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 12:14 PM
Nich

pock for 7th d man! kidding....he'll be shipped out this summer....

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 12:32 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Yeah, you would like that, wouldn't you?

No idea why this post was made in this thread. Not even related and clearly posted to piss people off.
I was just curious if he could play LW.

If you want I can always create another Umberger thread.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 12:40 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
I was just curious if he could play LW.

If you want I can always create another Umberger thread.
I'm sure you will. You love your 3rd liners.

Old
05-16-2008, 12:47 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
I'm sure you will. You love your 3rd liners.

Sure do. I know I know Prucha, Betts, Callahan, Dawes are all better and Dubinski is second coming NHL god.

Anyway, whats wrong with asking if Anisimov can play LW? I haven't seen him playing LW when he played for Russia. I want to know. That part is sincere

Old
05-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:

Sure do. I know I know Prucha, Betts, Callahan, Dawes are all better and Dubinski is second coming NHL god.

Anyway, whats wrong with asking if Anisimov can play LW? I haven't seen him playing LW when he played for Russia. I want to know. That part is sincere
Dubinsky is defintely better, though I do give Umberger credit for being better than Prucha, Betts and Dawes.

Callahan will likely be about equal, though, IMO. Not yet, but in the future.

What's wrong is that you're basically hoping Ani bolts from us and you disguise it under conversation. You're not that hard to figure out, Kaktus.

Old
05-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Dubinsky is defintely better, though I do give Umberger credit for being better than Prucha, Betts and Dawes.
Correction. He had a better season playing with some good players around him. He is not better yet. You can search my posts I said it a few times that Dubinski had a very good rookie season in public and Rangers threads.
Quote:
Callahan will likely be about equal, though, IMO. Not yet, but in the future.
Maybe..
Quote:
What's wrong is that you're basically hoping Ani bolts from us and you disguise it under conversation. You're not that hard to figure out, Kaktus.
Hey.. whatever I do, I do within the rules. Nothing wrong with taking a jab once in a while.

Old
05-16-2008, 01:08 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Correction. He had a better season playing with some good players around him. He is not better yet. You can search my posts I said it a few times that Dubinski had a very good rookie season in public and Rangers threads.
Maybe..
Hey.. whatever I do, I do within the rules. Nothing wrong with taking a jab once in a while.
To me, the argument that Dubinsky was better only because the players around him is downright retarded.

He made Jagr better. A lot better. He energized anyone he played with.

You need to watch games before you talk, Kaktus. It's getting old.

Very old.

Old
05-16-2008, 01:16 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
To me, the argument that Dubinsky was better only because the players around him is downright retarded.
Well to me this situation is very similar to Pruchas 1st NHL year when he scored those 30 goals. Remember? I never said Dubinski had a good season ONLY BECAUSE his linemates but you can not tell me that playing with Straka and Jagr did not reflect his production.

Dubinski definitely has a hockey drive (So did Prucha) and ideal NHL size. I still question his ability to create plays on his own.

Quote:
He made Jagr better. A lot better. He energized anyone he played with.
Ok, lets think about it. Dubinski energized Jagr. Throught his career in NHL or International competition Jagrs always drew 2 players. He was that good, I believe he still is.

Quote:
You need to watch games before you talk, Kaktus. It's getting old. Very old.
You do not think I do?

Old
05-16-2008, 01:21 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

So playing with Jagr during Jagr's worst season ever where Jagr didn't even come close to playing well until he was put with Dubinsky means that Jagr made Dubinsky better?

Come on, Kaktus. It's clear that you didn't watch more than a game or two. Your arguments are the same as the Debbies fans arguments.

Old
05-16-2008, 01:27 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
So playing with Jagr during Jagr's worst season ever where Jagr didn't even come close to playing well until he was put with Dubinsky means that Jagr made Dubinsky better?
Hey when Jagr was upset for letting Nylander go no one really cared. TO answer your question, no that means Jagr found better chemestry with Dubnski then with Gomez or Drury.

As far as energy: After NYR drafted Alexei Cherepanov was asked would he like to play with Jagr next season I could see the energy right there.

Quote:
Come on, Kaktus. It's clear that you didn't watch more than a game or two. Your arguments are the same as the Debbies fans arguments.
I can tell you one thing. I watched NYR more then 8 times for sure.

Old
05-16-2008, 03:03 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
So, what was the question again?

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
So, what was the question again?
how much wood could a woodchuck, chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.....

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 03:23 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Hey when Jagr was upset for letting Nylander go no one really cared. TO answer your question, no that means Jagr found better chemestry with Dubnski then with Gomez or Drury.

As far as energy: After NYR drafted Alexei Cherepanov was asked would he like to play with Jagr next season I could see the energy right there.

by the way its DUBINSKY not dubinski.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2008, 12:41 AM
Edge

I think if this team drafted a Weeble Wobble there would still be fans on this board complaing when it didn't work out.

"The Rangers never gave Wobble a chance. After the way they treated Mr. Potato Head, I'm not surprised he left."

"I really thought this was the year he was going to make, he had great balance."

Kidding aside, I'm disappointed but I can understand how this happened. Baranka isn't without his talent...when he's healthy. Sadly, it's the latter part that doesn't seem to happen often enough.

I think this team is willing to give younger guys a shot, but they're making this kids earn the spot. In Baranka's case he goes into next season as a 23 year old who can't seem to play more than 65 games and needs time to recover when he comes back from injuries. So that limits him to about 45-50 good, somewhat healthy games. for a defenseman, that just isn't enough.

LEt us not forget that this is a team that features Tyutin, Staal and Girardi all 25 and under and has Sauer, Sanguinetti and even Potter making some noise as well.

His odds were getting a bit longer at this point, and I'm sure he's not taking a huge paycut to play a little closer to home either.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2008, 12:41 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
It may end the Potter/Baranka debate but I'll never stop preaching that Corey Potter sucks and will never be Dan Girardi 2.0.
Yeah seriously, why is everyone clamoring over such a marginal prospect?

Quote:
Maybe..
Really, a better season playing on the 3rd line for the 1st half, and then playing with a Jagr that half-assed until March in the 2nd half?

Quote:
It helps to actually have a clue of what you're talking about when you do so.

Quote:
Well to me this situation is very similar to Pruchas 1st NHL year when he scored those 30 goals. Remember? I never said Dubinski had a good season ONLY BECAUSE his linemates but you can not tell me that playing with Straka and Jagr did not reflect his production.
Are you serious, Marty McNoShoot Straka? The guy who couldn't even hit 15 goals and barely hit 40 points this year?

Just quit while you're ahead, you clearly have no clue.

Quote:
I still question his ability to create plays on his own.
And you say you watched the Rangers more than 8 times this year?

Quote:
Ok, lets think about it. Dubinski energized Jagr. Throught his career in NHL or International competition Jagrs always drew 2 players. He was that good, I believe he still is.
You clearly haven't watched the Rangers this season at all.

There were many times while Dubinsky was playing with Jagr that Dubinsky would lead the rush, and would be the one drawing the players.

Quote:
No, you haven't.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote