HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Other Sauer

Old
05-16-2008, 05:14 PM
hlundqvist30*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
i think you mean even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again...and really i can name 500 players and it would impossible for one or two of them not to be decent suggestions.

and i still think this is a bad suggestion.

tuts, staal, girardi, backman is who we have. bring up hutch, add smith and a true 1st pairing d man, and we are set....add more pp with hutch, add more grit with smith, and more veteran leadership, and then a true #1 and we are already more solid back there
You make that seem so simple. First of all, since when has Hutchinson proved he is an NHL defenseman. Sauer is absolutely better than Hutchinson. Secondly, since when did Jason Smith say he wanted to be a Ranger? Why do we even want him. The last 2 years we were knocked out of the playoffs because our defense wasn't fast enough. Now we want to add Smith? Finally, you're right, all we need is a true #1. And where do you suggest we get that? This is like a thread on the Devils board saying "All we need is to call Bergfors up, sign Marian Hossa and trade for a #1 center and we're set!" We got spoiled last year with Gomez and Drury. Not every single UFA wants to be a Ranger. I think jOrts makes a ton of dumb remarks, but at least he has a basis for what he is saying some of the time. How many of you have actually seen Kurt Sauer play? I find it pretty ironic that people will mock what he suggests when other people are making just as ridiculous of suggestions. Last year there was a Bring back Dale Purinton thread with tons of supporters

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 06:30 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
overpaid? he is making 700K right now, so he will probably reach the like 2mill max per year? Mara makes 3mil and backman will earn the same next year. That my friends is overpaid!
If Mara could replicate the year he had with Phoenix when he had 49 pts then he is worth it but Backman is certainly not worth the 3 million.

As for Sauer, if guys like Rozsival, Malik, and Mara all leave then why not? We need a big guy on D who isnt afraid to use his body. If him and Mike are on one line then that would be a really physical pairing. What do we have to lose?

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2008, 01:38 AM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
You make that seem so simple. First of all, since when has Hutchinson proved he is an NHL defenseman. Sauer is absolutely better than Hutchinson. Secondly, since when did Jason Smith say he wanted to be a Ranger? Why do we even want him. The last 2 years we were knocked out of the playoffs because our defense wasn't fast enough. Now we want to add Smith? Finally, you're right, all we need is a true #1. And where do you suggest we get that? This is like a thread on the Devils board saying "All we need is to call Bergfors up, sign Marian Hossa and trade for a #1 center and we're set!" We got spoiled last year with Gomez and Drury. Not every single UFA wants to be a Ranger. I think jOrts makes a ton of dumb remarks, but at least he has a basis for what he is saying some of the time. How many of you have actually seen Kurt Sauer play? I find it pretty ironic that people will mock what he suggests when other people are making just as ridiculous of suggestions. Last year there was a Bring back Dale Purinton thread with tons of supporters
um i live in denver....so i have seen sauer play plenty. and he doesn't use his frame as much as people think he does. he is nothing more than a 7 d man on a cup caliber team imo, and fyi sauer was bouncing back and forth being a 7th d man in denver for a few years as far as i remember. i would gladly add hutch as our 7th d man. so what will sauer add as a 3rd pairing is the question. answer? not as much as you think....

and yes it is that simple...we are the premium market in the nhl. thats how it will always be....especially since we are more competitive than 97-03

jason smith would be a solid 3rd pairing guy. great defensively and still faster than strudwick, and bring veteran leadership. i am not saying give him 20 minutes a night!

and lets be honest, players for the most part would rather be here than other markets. especially with the improved team we have shown since post lock out. with rosi, malik, shanny (at least a pay cut) straka, and maybe jagr off the books, we can honestly and we should compete for some of the best d men out there.

and we were knocked out because our d wasn't fast enough? no we were knocked out because our PP was terrible.....look at the % in the pitt round....now how many goals did we lose each game by?

and please, anybody who though bringing puriton back doesn't know shat about hockey....he sucked prior lockout, and sucks still.....

and really, i will be happy with this....

staal - redden
tuts - girardi
smith - mara
hutch

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote