HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Met Saku, Mikko and Olli today and..

Old
05-15-2008, 11:56 AM
Passchendaele

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabs20 View Post
I didn't read the whole topic, but a TML wallet???

glad you got to meet Saku on one of his good days, because I have seen him on his bad days and he can be a real SOB.

I think I like Jokinen more now after reading this.
Anyone can be a d*ck on a bad day.

It's not like Koivu was an exception.

Passchendaele is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 12:49 PM
Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Eddie knew he'd have to bury him afterwards, he's a planner.
Pure gold.

Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
Pure gold.
Pfft, any real digger knows that. True planning is when you get the other guy to dig the hole for you, and then you whack him in the head with the shovel.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 06:01 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Eddie knew he'd have to bury him afterwards, he's a planner.

I think you draw the wrong conclusion. I lost track of Eddie but I imagine he still has that shovel and is using it to clear other people's driveways. Does anyone identify with Eddie's chosen career?

An alternative hypothesis is that Eddie ran with his shovel despite the way it handicapped him because he was afraid that if he left it behind someone like Gros Bill would take it.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 06:47 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I think you draw the wrong conclusion. I lost track of Eddie but I imagine he still has that shovel and is using it to clear other people's driveways. Does anyone identify with Eddie's chosen career?

An alternative hypothesis is that Eddie ran with his shovel despite the way it handicapped him because he was afraid that if he left it behind someone like Gros Bill would take it.
As I tell my wife, you never hear about women having heart attacks shovelling snow.

I was mowing the lawn today, riding mower of course, country gentleman that I am, thinking that that would be a more relaxing way to make a living and probably net me more at the end of the day.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 03:38 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
The media types would thrust a microphone in Jokinen's face and ask him to speak French and he'd beat them up.
(hey parle franca, ********! )

"Hey Mr. Jokinen, you just scored three goals, who cares why don't you speak french yet, it's been three weeks already!"

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 08:11 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Pfft, any real digger knows that. True planning is when you get the other guy to dig the hole for you, and then you whack him in the head with the shovel.
That's all well and good, until he hits you with the shovel and runs off deep in the woods, despite getting clipped in the head by one of your shots. Next thing you know you're lost in the woods sucking ketchup out of sealed packets.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 08:52 AM
BLNY

Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
**** mapes. I'd have been going up to one of the myriad of restaurants in the food court there and asking for a pen.

Mats NAslund, congrats on the remission and here's to staying that way.

BLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 09:52 AM
habsfan2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLNY View Post
**** mapes. I'd have been going up to one of the myriad of restaurants in the food court there and asking for a pen.

Mats NAslund, congrats on the remission and here's to staying that way.
That is what I told him to do!!! lol
GOD!

habsfan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 09:54 AM
habsfan2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Not up for stalking, but go HFHalifaxers.
yeah I wasnt serious....lol

habsfan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 02:16 PM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handlanger View Post
Why in the world should they speak english together?! Or do you speak finnish?! I don't believe that story and think you might just have a hate for Jokinen...
First off, why would I make up the story? Second of all, if I had a hate an ANY of the finish players it would be Koivu, seeing as I'm a Leafs fan. Last, they probably speak english when they are around english people. I hate when people turn around and speak another language because automatically, I think they're talking about me. That's probably why he spoke english.

I've never even had a problem with Jokinen, why would I? I don't even hear his name a whole lot and he's not a rival to Leafs at all, so I have no reason to hate him.

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 02:26 PM
Mr. Hab

Let's see...

"mapes" made up the story 'cause of his hatred for Jokinen!!

This story was shared here mostly because Koivu (HAB) is a part of it.
Not going to believe everything (negative) I read about Jokinen, but lost of posters have only negative things to say about Olli, including people from Finland! (check Toronto Board). We need Jokinen's family or wife/girlfriend to come to Jokinen's defense!

cheers

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 02:28 PM
Iyathurai
Still missing Saku:(

Send a message via MSN to Iyathurai
Thanks for sharing. I'm glad we have a guy like Koivu as our captain.

Iyathurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 06:19 PM
Lucius

I think Team Canada was staying in the South End where I live, because every morning/afternoon I'd run into a few of them. I generally don't like/feel compelled to ask for autographs, just content to recognize them, but I saw Martin St. Louis and Brent Burns on separate occasions at my local Tim's and Dany Heatley sat down for dinner with another Canada player I never IDed at the Henry House earlier this week.

It was neat seeing them all over town. I saw all sorts of players over the couple weeks the tournament was here, but never did run into the Fins.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Stephen Locke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabs20 View Post
I didn't read the whole topic, but a TML wallet???

glad you got to meet Saku on one of his good days, because I have seen him on his bad days and he can be a real SOB.

I think I like Jokinen more now after reading this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I've meet Koivu on several different occasions and I've never seen him be a SOB. Maybe it's something in you that brings out the worst in Koivu.
Exactly.I guess blind haters only see what they personally believe in a person.Quite ironic he approved the Jokinen's reaction to the OP while he tried to put Koivu down.

For example-and also check his posting history concerning Koivu;

http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php...2&postcount=10

Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 08:14 PM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
I think Team Canada was staying in the South End where I live, because every morning/afternoon I'd run into a few of them. I generally don't like/feel compelled to ask for autographs, just content to recognize them, but I saw Martin St. Louis and Brent Burns on separate occasions at my local Tim's and Dany Heatley sat down for dinner with another Canada player I never IDed at the Henry House earlier this week.

It was neat seeing them all over town. I saw all sorts of players over the couple weeks the tournament was here, but never did run into the Fins.
I would have definitely preferred to run into team Canada. I'd like to talk to Pascal again after about 7 years since I last saw him in person. He was always a nice guy and my favorite Moosehead. Also, alot more NHL'ers on the team.

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
I would have definitely preferred to run into team Canada. I'd like to talk to Pascal again after about 7 years since I last saw him in person. He was always a nice guy and my favorite Moosehead. Also, alot more NHL'ers on the team.
It was neat to see them, I saw larger groups around the Metro Centre during other games a few times and the entire team and management walked by us going to dinner after Canada/US. It was strange to see.

Generally though, everytime I saw them, they were getting accosted by someone, so I was more than happy to just let them wander by.

Old
05-17-2008, 11:33 AM
TheTriad

I start to really like Jokinen..........

Exactly what the Habs need a Big, Ugly and Mean Spirited guy......as long as he acts the same on ice. Habs have too many nice guys with contagious smile...a la Ryder.

TheTriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTriad View Post
I start to really like Jokinen..........

Exactly what the Habs need a Big, Ugly and Mean Spirited guy......as long as he acts the same on ice. Habs have too many nice guys with contagious smile...a la Ryder.
You must have formed that opinion from the Panthers games, because he was dreadful at the Worlds for Finland. Not that I feel that is a good sample of his play overall, but he was essentially horrid.

Old
05-19-2008, 02:08 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Personaly I saw an injured Billy in the stand during the Belurussia-Denmark match. And he had these two gorillas by his side because he didn't want to give othographes to anybody. There were a few kids that managed to slip through the cracks that got a few signatures, though. He was also with what seemed to be his girlfiend. I did filmed him, though.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote