HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tuomo Ruutu

Old
05-16-2008, 06:42 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

vCash: 500
I love his skillset, but he is way too injury prone. If he was a UFA maybe. I'll pass due to his RFA status.

I Eat Crow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 06:50 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Rangers probably could flip Prucha for Ruutu.Carolina could fit the $1.6 million into their budget easier than what Ruutu will want in a new contract.The Rangers could use some of Ruutu's assets if he is 100% right.More size.Prucha sticks out on a roster with smaller forwards such as Ryan Callahan and Nigel Dawes.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 07:02 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Ruutu made $2.25 million last season, obviously more than the Hurricanes would like to pay for a player who, when everyone's healthy, slots into their third line (and a salary range of $1.5-$1.8 million, where Ruutu was in 2006-07). So some creative negotiations will be required there, although Ruutu could end up moving up the depth chart if the Canes trade a forward for a defenseman, which Rutherford has hinted he may do since the season ended.
http://blogs.newsobserver.com/canes/...&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 07:30 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
i think most teams see him more as a liability and not worth the picks. Carolina will resign him but i wouldn't be surprised to see him on the trading block come deadline time. would probably be alot cheaper to get him then.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 08:28 PM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
i think most teams see him more as a liability and not worth the picks. Carolina will resign him but i wouldn't be surprised to see him on the trading block come deadline time. would probably be alot cheaper to get him then.
Players become more expensive at the deadline, not less. If you want him trade for his rights before Carolina resigns him. Less expensive that way. I might take a flyer on Ruutu for Prucha and a pick since Pru, unfortunately, doesn't seem to have a future with us. Ruutu has higher upside.

AJ1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 11:28 PM
Plato

vCash: 100000
The Canes would laugh their ***** off at Prucha for Ruutu. They did give up Ladd for this guy.

Plato is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2008, 09:42 AM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato View Post
The Canes would laugh their ***** off at Prucha for Ruutu. They did give up Ladd for this guy.
Prucha straight up? No, you'r right. Prucha and a pick or another piece, yes, could be done.

Andrew Ladd? The same guy who hasn't managed more than 65 professional games in a season in three years? Ladd has potential too, like Ruutu, which is why that deal got done. But his value wasn't sky high, and neither is Ruutu's.

At this point Ruutu is practically a reclamation project. Not going to pay over the moon for him.

AJ1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 01:21 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1982 View Post
Prucha straight up? No, you'r right. Prucha and a pick or another piece, yes, could be done.

Andrew Ladd? The same guy who hasn't managed more than 65 professional games in a season in three years? Ladd has potential too, like Ruutu, which is why that deal got done. But his value wasn't sky high, and neither is Ruutu's.

At this point Ruutu is practically a reclamation project. Not going to pay over the moon for him.
how about this?

Rangers get Ruutu
Canes get Tyutin

Rangers get Ladd
Hawks get Prucha, and Hollweg (throw in)

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 01:40 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
how about this?

Rangers get Ruutu
Canes get Tyutin

Rangers get Ladd
Hawks get Prucha, and Hollweg (throw in)
You realize our season is 82 games just like everyone else, right?

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote