HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Medical Advice.

Old
05-17-2008, 06:51 PM
Edge11

vCash: 500
OT: Medical Advice.

Guys i know its not part of the hockey talk but maybe 1 of you can give me some info.

I have a 5 mm rotator cuff (subscapularis) tendon tear...does the tendon re-heal on its own since its a small tear(with physio) as i was told no surgery was needed....my fear is that the tear will get bigger..i train,play ball hockey, work with kids.... thanks ahead of time

Last edited by Beakermania*: 05-17-2008 at 09:44 PM.
Edge11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2008, 06:53 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
dont have an answer for you, but Enio, is that you by any chance?

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2008, 07:01 PM
Edge11

yes it is.

Old
05-17-2008, 08:04 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge11 View Post
Guys i know its not part of the hockey talk but maybe 1 of you can give me some info.

I have a 5 mm rotator cuff (subscapularis) tendon tear...does the tendon re-heal on its own since its a small tear(with physio) as i was told no surgery was needed....my fear is that the tear will get bigger..i train,play ball hockey, work with kids.... thanks ahead of time
The tendon will heal itself if you give it sufficient rest and make sure not to do anything that might get inflammed (tendonitis).

Lets put it this way: if you dont stop all those activities for the amount of time your Doc told you, you might develop chronic problems for life in that region you hurt yourself.

The pain is a signal your body gently sends you to say "Sit down NOW and let me heal myself !!"...i know all this by experience having played Lacrosse, hockey, football, Martial arts and more. All those sports in wich no one never gets hurt... much.."

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2008, 09:02 PM
Edge11

Thank You...i have stopped all activities 7 weeks now since i first felt the pain...just 2 weeks ago i go my MRI doen and found out it was a 5 mm tear....I have my doc appointment next week, so i just wanted to know if a partial tear would re-attach itself without surgery.....now it will be physio and ice compresses for a couple of months..i know the tendon doesnt get much blood flow to it and will take a longer time to heal.....Thanks again