HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Anisimov's Future

Old
05-17-2008, 11:00 AM
rickyrod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Drury's going to have to shift to wing if we're ever going to have room for AA as a Center...
Yeah, why do we need our best face-off man to take face-offs?

rickyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2008, 11:50 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrod View Post
Yeah, why do we need our best face-off man to take face-offs?
He could still take face-offs, but he would better serve the Org. as a winger to Anisimov (eventually)

Not next year

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I don't know if I see Anisimov as that type in the future. He's more of an offensive/playmaking type.
Agreed. Maybe when he comes closer to 30 y/o he could fillin in a checking role if needed. Or like match up against other good players and do a ok job.

But he is a offensive player and I hope he can translate his offensive game to the NHL.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2008, 12:30 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

How refreshing is it to even be having this discussion? Solid prospects on the way, Anisimov, Cherepenov, Sanguinetti. Staal, Dubinsky, Lundqvist looking excellent on the big team. Dawes, Callahan, Girardi hanging in there and improving with experience.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2008, 07:51 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
If the Rangers wanted to move him, they could. Drury is a very much prized player in the NHL. His contract is not unmanageable and he would be in high demand. The rub is that he has either a no or limited trade clause that would make him difficult to move.
Drury has a full no trade clause... not that I see the Rangers trying to move him.

Those of you who are focusing on Anisimov as an offensive player are missing the boat. His biggest asset is his two-way game. Think Jordan Staal. He'll certainly contribute offensively, but I expect him to line up against the leagues top lines regularly. There is a chance he surprises a lot of people (including the Rangers) and becomes an offensive machine, but that's not what anyone should be expecting of him because its not his game.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 12:13 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
im just gona throw this out there....

Anisimov is developing into a very good 2 way center and obviously has some skills and moves.....does anyone think Pavel Datsyuk when thinking about what this kid can do???

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 01:28 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post

Anisimov is developing into a very good 2 way center and obviously has some skills and moves.....does anyone think Pavel Datsyuk when thinking about what this kid can do???
Not me, i dont think there games are at all alike. at least from what little of him ive seen. I kinda think of Rod Brindamour when I think of AA.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 01:30 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Not me, i dont think there games are at all alike. at least from what little of him ive seen. I kinda think of Rod Brindamour when I think of AA.
is he physical?? does he fight?? is he gritty?? does he block shots?

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 01:31 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:

Datsyuk might be a stretch. I think squish nailed it with the Jordan Staal comparison, although I could see AA having a little bit more 'flair' to his game than Staal has. He could possibly fall somewhere between Jordan Staal and Eric Staal.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 08:31 AM
squishy

Quote:
I do, but only because one of the scouting services compared him to Datsyuk the year he was drafted.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 08:38 AM
The Fuhr

Quote:

Nah, I don't think he has the finesse, I think there is going to be way more power to his game. I like a Primeau comparison minus the fighting. I think he will be just as physical throwing hits.

60-70 points a season to go along with shutting down the opponents best centers and will have a 6'3 215-220lb frame.

Championships are won with players like that.

The Fuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 07:30 PM
Edge

I think the skill is there, I just don't see him being that gritty at the NHL level.

I also don't know if I see him playing at quite that heavy, judging by his frame.

At times he reminds me of Petr Nedved when he was on his "A" game.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 07:31 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
I think the skill is there, I just don't see him being that gritty at the NHL level.

I also don't know if I see him playing at quite that heavy, judging by his frame.

I could see him being a more defensively responsible Nedved with a decent amount of better hockey sense (which was something I always criticized Petr over).

If he can stay consistent, put up a good, solid two-way playmaking game and not act like a retard on the ice like Nedved did, than I'd be very happy with him!

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 07:37 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:

If Dubinsky continues his growth into a #1 center, in the Brind'Amour mold, then having a defensively responsible Nedved on his "A" game type #2 center will be just fine.

Again, you look at the pieces missing in the organization, and what the franchise is crying out for is a) PF with a scoring touch, and b) tough-as-nails D-man.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 07:37 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I could see him being a more defensively responsible Nedved with a decent amount of better hockey sense (which was something I always criticized Petr over).

If he can stay consistent, put up a good, solid two-way playmaking game and not act like a retard on the ice like Nedved did, than I'd be very happy with him!
Which is always a shame with Nedved. When he was "on" he was a very good two way player who could put up 30 goals, 70 points, play pretty good two way hockey and play in different roles.

Having said that, if he we could even get the "average" Nedved out of Anisimov it's still a good deal for a second round pick.

Old
05-18-2008, 07:40 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
If Dubinsky continues his growth into a #1 center, in the Brind'Amour mold, then having a defensively responsible Nedved on his "A" game type #2 center will be just fine.

Again, you look at the pieces missing in the organization, and what the franchise is crying out for is a) PF with a scoring touch, and b) tough-as-nails D-man.
I could live with that that.

Wingers with size and scoring will continue to be a challange for us.

In a dream scenario, this team finds a way to feature Dubinsky, Cherepanov, Anisimov, Dawes, Gomez and Drury in it's top 9. It adds a PF and finds a way to build around a defense that features Boumeester, Staal and Tyutin on the blueline and Lundqvist between the pipes.

Easier said than done though.