HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Question for Montreal (Dan) re Prospect list and Korneyev??

Old
05-15-2008, 02:20 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhr86 View Post
Really in the write up it said differently.

http://www.iihf.com/channels/iihf-wo...ash=79385fa5ed
http://hksalavat.ru/e107_plugins/med.../view.php?2796

I'm pretty sure #37 makes that pass. And according to this:

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/132/IHM132351_54B_1_0.pdf

#22 = Korneev

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 02:24 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
http://hksalavat.ru/e107_plugins/med.../view.php?2796

I'm pretty sure #37 makes that pass. And according to this:

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/132/IHM132351_54B_1_0.pdf

#22 = Korneev
Yeah, Korneev cleared the guy in front of the net and allowed #37 to make the pass.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 06:46 PM
jordy

Korneev

I havent heard anything but good things about him. Does anyone have any information on him..how old he is, his height, weight etc and is there a chance he'll come to N.A or is he just going to stay in russia for the rest of his career.

jordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 06:59 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
http://www.russianprospects.com/publ...p?player_id=90
Gotta Love Google

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2008, 04:10 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

I know I've said to a couple of people that I think Korneev' contract had ended last april but according to that russian site (they list all contracts) he is under contract for next season too...

http://allhockey.ru/articles/30537/
Корнеев (2009)

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2008, 04:24 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
I know I've said to a couple of people that I think Korneev' contract had ended last april but according to that russian site (they list all contracts) he is under contract for next season too...

http://allhockey.ru/articles/30537/
Корнеев (2009)
That would make sense with the rumour flying around that he wanted to come over to the NHL in 2010 after playing another year in the RSL.

Old
05-18-2008, 02:15 PM
GNick42

Watching the Gold medal game today...Korneev has high end talent. He can move the puck, hard shot. He is definitely a wild-card as far as a prospect. So much skill but about his size? I would try very hard to bring him over if I was Timmins and Gainey. Talk about a possible diamond

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 02:18 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
Watching the Gold medal game today...Korneev has high end talent. He can move the puck, hard shot. He is definitely a wild-card as far as a prospect. So much skill but about his size? I would try very hard to bring him over if I was Timmins and Gainey. Talk about a possible diamond
His size will always be in question, but from what I've seen and reports I've read, his strength has become less and less of a problem each year.

Old
05-18-2008, 03:19 PM
GNick42

Everybody talks about Gainey signing or trading for a big name...this guy could be that big signing...right in our own backyard

Old
05-18-2008, 03:34 PM
LV Hab

Quote:
Everybody talks about Gainey signing or trading for a big name...this guy could be that big signing...right in our own backyard
Agreed, he would be a huge addition to our team. Completely replacing Streit on the PP and with the way he played today he could find a spot in the Habs top 4 D spots. The RSL is going through some changes this year, hopefully Habs management can find some loop hole to get Korneyev over here.

Mid way through the second period he was leading his team in ice time on a smaller than NHL ice surface. I don't think his size is that big of an issue.

LV Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 03:35 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Hes a much better player than Streit IMO... and he could replace him for way less cost.... He can play a top 6 role in addition to those PP minutes, which I'm leary about having streit do.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 03:44 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieremania View Post
Hes a much better player than Streit IMO... and he could replace him for way less cost.... He can play a top 6 role in addition to those PP minutes, which I'm leary about having streit do.
Korneev is probably better than Emelin. Offensively, he is, Defensively, he would fit better in the new NHL. Emelin seems to re-gress. I guess he is still mad having signed a deal in Russia while he had a chance to come over here.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 04:43 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV Hab View Post
Agreed, he would be a huge addition to our team. Completely replacing Streit on the PP and with the way he played today he could find a spot in the Habs top 4 D spots. The RSL is going through some changes this year, hopefully Habs management can find some loop hole to get Korneyev over here.

Mid way through the second period he was leading his team in ice time on a smaller than NHL ice surface. I don't think his size is that big of an issue.
I totally agree, also I read before that he has played some center so Carbo would have a huge man crush on him too as he would be able to play both forward and d.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

If he ever comes over, he'll want NHL minutes, and I think it would be possible. We could talk about a Streit treatment, where he gets to learn the NHL game right away. He could play a lot of minutes, while watching some games from the stands, and hopefully become a good NHLer. A one year deal would be fine! Gosh, I hope he'll come over after his actual contract.

And in a few years, maybe we'll have as much as four Russian defencemen on the team...Markov, Korneyev, Valentenko and Emelin Not likely to happen, but still, we have great potential from there! And Team Russia would hope that we miss the playoffs each year so they could use them all for the WC

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 10:32 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
If he ever comes over, he'll want NHL minutes, and I think it would be possible. We could talk about a Streit treatment, where he gets to learn the NHL game right away. He could play a lot of minutes, while watching some games from the stands, and hopefully become a good NHLer. A one year deal would be fine! Gosh, I hope he'll come over after his actual contract.
Would be nice, maybe Andrei had some talks with him in the dressing room about coming over to join us?

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2008, 12:33 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
Who drafted Korneev? Savard or Timmins?
Nikolai Vakourov was there when Savard was GM. He is the one who made the recommendation, just like he did with Valentenko.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 03:12 PM
GNick42

Or we could trade his rights to move up in this draft? I imagine one then one club would like to get the rights to Korneyev after this year's World Championships

Old
05-20-2008, 03:47 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

So...Korneev, Emelin AND Valentenko could all potentially be in our team's future?

I'm liking that

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 03:57 PM
bipolarhabfan

Korneev is looking like a diamond that has finally been polished up. He is ready for the NHL and would significantly improve our backend. On both of our top units we would have a good shut down guy (Komi and Hamr) and two offensive weapons in Markov and Korneev. Would a comparison to Rafalski for the latter be too much to make? I am only saying this because Rafalski has played so well in the NHL despite his small frame.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 04:01 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarhabfan View Post
Korneev is looking like a diamond that has finally been polished up. He is ready for the NHL and would significantly improve our backend. On both of our top units we would have a good shut down guy (Komi and Hamr) and two offensive weapons in Markov and Korneev. Would a comparison to Rafalski for the latter be too much to make? I am only saying this because Rafalski has played so well in the NHL despite his small frame.
Rafalski (More Visnovsky) is what I could see Korneev's upside being.

Old
05-20-2008, 04:08 PM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Rafalski (More Visnovsky) is what I could see Korneev's upside being.
I think it makes more sense in reality. The Rafalski example was made from a more ideal POV. BTW, I would not mind having a player like a Visnovsky to complement Hamrlik.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 08:41 PM
teddygmr

I think his contract in Russia has expired. Look at this link showing no affiliation for the 2008-09 season
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=9576

then look at this link for Leaf Prospect Dmitry Vorobiev showing his recent signing for the 2008-09 season with Lada
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=9603

You can look at various other players and the site seems to have accurate very current information.

Then look at Korneev's player profile on Russian Prospects.com :
"During the summer of 2006, Korneev signed a two year contract with HC CSKA, moving on from his marginal role with Ak Bars. While with CSKA, he rapidly took over one of the leadership roles, consistently skating on the top defensive pairing. Korneev also debuted on Russia’s national team and showed a lot of promise. "

He has proven he can be effective on our small ice surface against elite competition and I can't imagine a more comfortable situation for Korneev, with A. Markov, Kovalev and other Russian speaking players to help him with the transition.
The fact that he has also played Forward in the past suggests he could effectively fill a Streit type role for the Habs.

teddygmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 09:03 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarhabfan View Post
I think it makes more sense in reality. The Rafalski example was made from a more ideal POV. BTW, I would not mind having a player like a Visnovsky to complement Hamrlik.
Agree 100%.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 09:06 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
I hope they sign him. He's obviously the missing KO member.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 09:35 PM
Toro

I am in the belief that if we can not get him over here this summer, we should trade his rights as we will have lots of D ready to jump in 2009 when Korneev would be ready to come over if he does have another year over there.

If he is a free agent and comes over then we keep him and see what he can do.

Next year we will have many guys like Emelin, Mc Donough(probably), Fisher, valentenko if he doesn't move up this year, Subban, Webber,etc.

I would like to move u p in the draft with valentenko's rights,etc. to get a talented center we have been yearning for in the first round.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote