Closed Thread

Old
05-24-2004, 10:57 AM
ceber

vCash: 500
Sharks lose money, Wolves too.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=84990&hubName=nhl

Interesting tidbit. Of course, "the owners can't be trusted."

Also there was a blurb in Shooter's column the other day that said that due to the luxury tax the Wolves are expected to lose at least six million this year, despite the extra playoff revenue.

Man, I wish I could lose 6 million and still have what you'd call a successful season.

Old
05-24-2004, 03:06 PM
glenjackson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=84990&hubName=nhl

Interesting tidbit. Of course, "the owners can't be trusted."

Also there was a blurb in Shooter's column the other day that said that due to the luxury tax the Wolves are expected to lose at least six million this year, despite the extra playoff revenue.

Man, I wish I could lose 6 million and still have what you'd call a successful season.
There has been a lot of talk lately about sports revenue being completely out of whack with what makes a business venture successful in any other industry. Actually, we've heard that for at least a decade, and yet groups in some city or other are always willing to give it a try. Either they're all lying (accross various leagues), or these sports fans are willing to pay millions to have season tickets for all their friends They explain why SJ lost money, but if they lost money without a high payroll, it seems like it could also be related to upcoming CBA negotiations.

Closed Thread