HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT - MLB - Expos

Old
05-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Kachino

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
i miss Roger Brulotte... VLADIMIR, VLADIMIR, VLADIMIR GUEEEEEEREEEEEROOOOOO
2 more names: Jacques Doucet and Denis Casavant...

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachino82 View Post
ya, Doucet was awesome on the radio.
Im an anglo and would always listen in french. Doucet, much better then Elliot Price.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 03:58 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Yeah! Not to take anything away from Dave Van Horne UP! UP! & Away Homerun Expos!!!(Who is a legend in Montreal) But those French Home run calls were Classic!

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 04:00 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater Ghost View Post
Yeah! Not to take anything away from Dave Van Horne(Who is a legend in Montreal) But those French Home run calls were Classic!
Van Horne and the other guy..singleton I beleive were good together. Singleton works for the YES network now and covers the yankees.

its up up and away, a home run for....

Old
05-18-2008, 04:05 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Denis Casavant works for the Team 990 now in the AM. When I tune in, I hear him talking about baseball a lot.

Old
05-18-2008, 04:07 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Denis Casavant works for the Team 990 now in the AM. When I tune in, I hear him talking about baseball a lot.
ya, Price is with him too so its 2 guys who did pbp for a long time. Its not surprising they talk alot of baseball

Old
05-18-2008, 04:07 PM
Kachino

Denis Casavant: La balle est frappé solidement au champ gauche. Le voltigueur recule a la piste d'avertissement... Circuit! Vladmir Guerrero!
Rodger Brulotte: Vladimir! ... Vladimir! ... Vlaaaaaaaaadddddddimiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrr!! !!!!!

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Denis Casavant: La balle est frappé loin au champ gauche. Le voltigueur recule a la piste d'avertissement... Circuit! Vladmir Guerrero!
Rodger Brulotte: Vladimir! ... Vladimir! ... Vlaaaaaaaaadddddddimiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrr!! !!!!!
It's just that year we had FP Santangelo & other guys like that. I remember Broulot always going for the lunch pail guy. FP FP FP!!!!!!!!

Old
05-18-2008, 04:12 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

apparently this movie has something to do with the Expos...

it starts August 1st
http://www.cinemamontreal.com/aw/crv..._coup_sur.html

Old
05-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
ya, Price is with him too so its 2 guys who did pbp for a long time. Its not surprising they talk alot of baseball
Thats good though, even if it takes 20 years, we need to have baseball people.

Old
05-18-2008, 04:22 PM
Mathletic

A's fan

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 04:25 PM
Rayne*

I'll watch baseball when they get some sort of system in place that doesn't allow 2 or 3 teams out of 30 to always be World Series favorites. Baseball now is worse off than the NHL ever was.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 04:25 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
A's fan
Speaking of lunch pail players, I like the A's. Although I'm not into that whole Fremont thing.

Old
05-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
I'll watch baseball when they get some sort of system in place that doesn't allow 2 or 3 teams out of 30 to always be World Series favorites. Baseball now is worse off than the NHL ever was.
The last league to avoid the salary cap. Change in baseball is tough! I don't see it happening in this lifetime, the game is doing to well to make it happen.

Old
05-18-2008, 04:39 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Speaking of likable things on the Jays that are Expos like. I also am a fan of Matt Stairs(Canadian) like us. Just a regular Joe who can slug!!!
He was an Expo for a short while, I think we drafted him.

Old
05-18-2008, 05:02 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Its sad, I miss calling out to Chavez to throw me a ball (which he did many, many times, I have a bunch, one game he threw me like 3) I also miss the 1$ hot dogs, and getting out to the batting practice early to catch a few in the crowds. There will never be baseball here again, Im not going to deny it. Its soccer here, nobody plays baseball anymore. Every year I watch my league have fewer and fewer teams, the younger kids don't even have teams anymore in some places. Baseball fields are being converted to soccer fields; people just aren't interested anymore...

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 05:05 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealistic View Post
Its sad, I miss calling out to Chavez to throw me a ball (which he did many, many times, I have a bunch, one game he threw me like 3) I also miss the 1$ hot dogs, and getting out to the batting practice early to catch a few in the crowds. There will never be baseball here again, Im not going to deny it. Its soccer here, nobody plays baseball anymore. Every year I watch my league have fewer and fewer teams, the younger kids don't even have teams anymore in some places. Baseball fields are being converted to soccer fields; people just aren't interested anymore...
sad but true.

I played my minor league ball in Saint-Leonard and when we played it was big, alot of teams, alot of interest. My last year Midget was in 2002 and since then baseball in St Leo has died. Not many teams. Ive seen 2 of the fields I played at be converted into soccer fields and it sucks because I loved playing when I was younger.

Old
05-18-2008, 05:16 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Football took the place of baseball in Quebec once the 'Spos downfall began. Credit goes to the Alouettes returning. Man, if my Jays had the scouting the Expos had we wouldn't be in the position we're in today with know-nothing rich boys at Rogers employing Godfrey to make clown decisions at every level, namely Ricciardi and his dog-and-pony show. Putting his no good minor leaguer manager friend from his days in the Mets organization in there hurts too.

Jays haven't found a Guerrero-type prospect in years, dating back to Delgado. If Gibbons is fired, it doesn't matter. The cheap, baseball illiterate organization will give inexperienced former Jay favourite Ernie Whitt the job. When the Tigers stopped dicking around with people like Alan Trammel and hired a proven winner in Jim Leyland, they got it right. Jays have hired one guy with big league managerial experience since firing Gaston and it was Jim Fregosi, who was not great and was a bit of a drunk and yet got more out of the team than any of the chumps since. Ok, Jays rant over.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 05:42 PM
Vilgrain

definately missing larry walker cracking the ball, grissom stealing them all, martinez hitting other players on purpose...

now, baseball can die for all i care

Vilgrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Lou's Koolaid
I live here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
Im a fan of a big market team the Mets. but, I couldn't agree with you more. btw Go Rays!

Lou's Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 05:45 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
sad but true.

I played my minor league ball in Saint-Leonard and when we played it was big, alot of teams, alot of interest. My last year Midget was in 2002 and since then baseball in St Leo has died. Not many teams. Ive seen 2 of the fields I played at be converted into soccer fields and it sucks because I loved playing when I was younger.
I played minor baseball for many districts in Montreal. Leo's Boys in the point, later in Ville Emard & as an Adult in Dorval, I hate to fathom that these great fields would ever be converted to Soccer Fields, nothing against Soccer, just we need to have a choice of playing both & this is still North America. I Hope Baseball Quebec is still active....

Old
05-18-2008, 05:55 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Quote:
I played minor baseball for many districts in Montreal. Leo's Boys in the point, later in Ville Emard & as an Adult in Dorval, I hate to fathom that these great fields would ever be converted to Soccer Fields, nothing against Soccer, just we need to have a choice of playing both & this is still North America. I Hope Baseball Quebec is still active....
I played baseball my whole childhood in Pointe-Aux-Trembles and I recently went back for a tournament and was surprised to see things are still going well over there. There's still some hope, but very little... Where I live now, the cities have to merge to make a team and play against other merged cities. It's sad to think one day I'm going to want to take my kids to the park and throw a ball, like my dad did, and his dad did to him, only to have him want to play soccer instead because that's the reality of it... Baseballs no longer an option in alot of areas.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 05:56 PM
Player 61
#Winning

I haven't been to Point-Ste-Charles for about 5 years, but the ballpark & Leber Parc was great!!! It had(or has) the Wrigley Field Type Lights, I played a lot of tournaments there. Lot's of up's, but a few downs, that Parc, should always be baseball. It's more of a field but major lights for it's time.

In the outfield, you would feel that twilight feeling in the evening.

Old
05-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Leber Parc in the Point Is my favorite on the Island, but another field I have played many tournaments on is the one in Cote-St-Luc near the CP Rail yards. also awesome.

Old
05-18-2008, 07:50 PM
TorontoSports

I don't think baseball could ever die in Montreal, just too much history there from jackie robinson to jarry park.

TorontoSports is offline   Reply With Quote