HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Kypreos - Tucker to be bought out

Old
05-18-2008, 03:22 AM
Sthabs

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Lucius;14137235]

I hate Tucker as much as the next guy, and I really like Begin, but seriously that's being an insane homer if you even attempt to argue that Begin is the better player. A season that may get the man bought out is lightyears a head of anything Begin ever produced.

QUOTE]

Oh I agree with you, Tucker has a better hockey sense, better hands, little better nose for the goal, however they re similiar hockey players and do about the same thing on the ice, hits, energy, on the small side, fearless, etc...so i dont think we have enough place for the two of them. If Begin was leaving this year and we get Tucker at 2M then maybe I d reconsider it, and even then I dont like the lenght of his contract, and then he didnt had a very good year this year, is he gettin tired or just an off year? I dont know but some team will try to get him and recreate that Avery effect thing with the Rangers, but not us imo

Sthabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 04:15 AM
peperebougon*

At 1,5 mill I'd take him.

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sthabs View Post
Oh I agree with you, Tucker has a better hockey sense, better hands, little better nose for the goal, however they re similiar hockey players and do about the same thing on the ice, hits, energy, on the small side, fearless, etc...so i dont think we have enough place for the two of them. If Begin was leaving this year and we get Tucker at 2M then maybe I d reconsider it, and even then I dont like the lenght of his contract, and then he didnt had a very good year this year, is he gettin tired or just an off year? I dont know but some team will try to get him and recreate that Avery effect thing with the Rangers, but not us imo
Which is a perfectly valid Begin over Tucker argument, much better than the other guy's "Begin > Tucker"

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 12:19 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
Saw this on the Leafs board and since we don't have an official free agent thread going, I posted a thread.
Would any of you be interested?
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=516848

Don't forget, it's Kypreos saying this.
Couldn't stand him when he was a Hab. No way do we want him back

PS: I'd rather have Begin any day of the week.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 11:07 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
I wouldn't want Tucker at this point. The guy plays hard and leaves it all on the ice every game, which I like, but it seems that he just doesn't have enough to give anymore: the hard-nosed play over the years tends to catch up to guys like Tucker quickly, and the downward slope is a steep one as their bodies fall apart.

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 11:16 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
I wouldn't want Tucker at this point. The guy plays hard and leaves it all on the ice every game, which I like, but it seems that he just doesn't have enough to give anymore: the hard-nosed play over the years tends to catch up to guys like Tucker quickly, and the downward slope is a steep one as their bodies fall apart.
Tucker would be an outstanding addition if we could acquire him. Put him on a line with Saku and Teemu.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 11:32 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montréal Russians View Post
Tucker would be an outstanding addition if we could acquire him. Put him on a line with Saku and Teemu.
Where he couldn't keep up, couldn't initiate any offense, could take stupid penalties and occasionally could cash in some cross-ice passes.

No thanks.

Big pass.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote