HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Habs @ the World Championships Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-18-2008, 10:26 PM
  #976
Chomsky
Registered User
 
Chomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I just have a problem with the money Bouillon is getting. With him and Dandenault gone that's $3.5 million freed up to improve the team elsewhere. Those two are not worth the money they get and are taking roster spots away from others who I believe deserve it more. Sure it's nice that Bouillon has stuck with the team and he tries 110% every game, but so did Rivet and so did Souray. The trash needs to continue to be thrown out in order for this team to take that next step.
Honestly, we don't really have to worry about our cap situation until next season.. and by then bouillon & dandy will be gone. Thus....

Chomsky is offline  
Old
05-18-2008, 11:42 PM
  #977
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,344
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
Honestly, we don't really have to worry about our cap situation until next season.. and by then bouillon & dandy will be gone. Thus....
I see your point but I'd rather have a young player get a year of NHL experience as opposed to Bouillon and Dandy getting playing time and not contributing to the overall future success of this team.

le_sean is offline  
Old
05-19-2008, 12:07 AM
  #978
Chomsky
Registered User
 
Chomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I see your point but I'd rather have a young player get a year of NHL experience as opposed to Bouillon and Dandy getting playing time and not contributing to the overall future success of this team.
Well, I understand yours, however if you bring in, say Korneev, you have to get experience as well to compensate for rookies, especially on defence. You obviously can't have two rookies in your top 6 just because it is better for their development. You need to form the best team with the best players you have. But, if Tank, Korneev, Carle, Obyrne or Weber have a better camp than Bouillon, I assume they could see some action.

Dandy should be bought up or traded. He's most likely done in Mtl.

Chomsky is offline  
Old
05-19-2008, 12:18 AM
  #979
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,344
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
Well, I understand yours, however if you bring in, say Korneev, you have to get experience as well to compensate for rookies, especially on defence. You obviously can't have two rookies in your top 6 just because it is better for their development. You need to form the best team with the best players you have. But, if Tank, Korneev, Carle, Obyrne or Weber have a better camp than Bouillon, I assume they could see some action.

Dandy should be bought up or traded. He's most likely done in Mtl.
I guess it really depends on the play of those rookies from the get-go. They would really have to beat out a vet in training camp to get their spot. I just thought the experience of the top 3 and even Gorges would be enough to defer the inexperience of the bottom pairing of say Korneev - O'Byrne. I'd only expect 12-14 mins a game from that pairing.

Of course I would try and get someone like Breezer back at the same price to be a vet 7th d-man and play a handful of games.

And I agree Dandy should be gone regardless considering he's a forward now and there are many others worthy of a spot before him.

le_sean is offline  
Old
05-19-2008, 11:03 AM
  #980
Chomsky
Registered User
 
Chomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I guess it really depends on the play of those rookies from the get-go. They would really have to beat out a vet in training camp to get their spot. I just thought the experience of the top 3 and even Gorges would be enough to defer the inexperience of the bottom pairing of say Korneev - O'Byrne. I'd only expect 12-14 mins a game from that pairing.

Of course I would try and get someone like Breezer back at the same price to be a vet 7th d-man and play a handful of games.

And I agree Dandy should be gone regardless considering he's a forward now and there are many others worthy of a spot before him.
Well, you have few things to consider also. Injuries, rookie mistakes and fatigue.

If one of your top 3 D-man gets injured, you have to bump either your "brisebois" type of players and hope to god he doesn't screw over the team, or increase the rookies' ice-time hoping they can remain competitive and efficient.

Rookie mistakes, well obviously every rookie makes mistakes, but D-men since they take longer to develop usually make more or more costing ones. Also, if you take for example Chipchura. Last season at some point, he had trouble following the pace and was confused. Well, one can assume it can happen to every rookie.

Then, you have the fatigue element. If you have two players of your top 6 playing only 11-12 mins, you will have to increase the ice-time of the rest of your defensive crew, increasing the fatigue factor and mental mistakes.

Thus, yes if they beat the vets in the training camp they should deserve to play, but not at the expense of the team. Which is mainly why I believe that Bouillon should stay at least one more year.

Chomsky is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.