HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2008 Offseason Rumor/Trade proposal Thread

Closed Thread

Old
05-19-2008, 01:01 PM
FutureGM97

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
2008 Offseason Rumor/Trade proposal Thread

I figured it would be a good idea to start one of these...help out our awesome mods a bit

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/freeagents...none&type=none
-NY Rangers free agents (RFA and UFA) with 07/08 salaries

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/freeagents...none&type=none
-All NHL FAs with 07/08 salaries

Anything Eklund or whoever else can go here even if it is ridiculously outrageous and trade proposals from us to other teams or from visiting posters.

links are from nhlnumbers who do a wonderful job.

LETS GO RANGERS

if mods could stick that would be great...

Old
05-19-2008, 01:05 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Good idea. This should definitely be stickied. I can count 3 speculation threads about the offseason on the top of the 1st page alone.

On topic, Eklund has reported that the Rangers and Sabres are front-runners to land Marian Gaborik in a trade. Now this means Gaborik won't get anywhere near Ranger blue.

Old
05-19-2008, 01:14 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Interesting to see Gaborik's name included. So far Bouwmeester<sp>, Pitkannen, and now Gaborik all rumored to the Rangers. We all of these rumors started by Eklund?

Old
05-19-2008, 01:18 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Interesting to see Gaborik's name included. So far Bouwmeester<sp>, Pitkannen, and now Gaborik all rumored to the Rangers. We all of these rumors started by Eklund?
The Gaborik and Bouwmeester rumors are via Eklund, but the Pitkanen rumor was leaked in Larry Brook's column regarding Jagr and Sather entering into contract negotiations.

I think all 3 moves would be vast improvements to our lineup, thats for sure.

Old
05-19-2008, 01:21 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
The Gaborik and Bouwmeester rumors are via Eklund, but the Pitkanen rumor was leaked in Larry Brook's column regarding Jagr and Sather entering into contract negotiations.

I think all 3 moves would be vast improvements to our lineup, thats for sure.
Impossible to make all 3 moves, unless Jagr isnt resigned, which i wouldnt mind.

But even then maybe only 2 of those.

Old
05-19-2008, 01:30 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Impossible to make all 3 moves, unless Jagr isnt resigned, which i wouldnt mind.

But even then maybe only 2 of those.
Well that's not what I meant. I was just saying any of those players would probably be an upgrade. Thanks for making me clarify that.

Ya bastid.

Old
05-19-2008, 02:50 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Would love to have Bouwmeester or Gaborik in the lineup.

Something tells me it would be wise to stay away from Pitkanen though.

Old
05-19-2008, 02:56 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

You want the injury-prone Gaborik who apparently doesn't do well under pressure?

And you want him in NYC in the playoffs?

Old
05-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherapanov View Post
You want the injury-prone Gaborik who apparently doesn't do well under pressure?

And you want him in NYC in the playoffs?
Depends on what it would cost, but yup. He would be the ideal compliment to Gomez on the wing.

Injury prone? Perhaps, but like I said, depends on what the Wild would be asking for.

"Apparently doesnt do well under pressure"...thats an interesting statement. His playoff numbers look fairly solid to me, and wasnt there a similar knock on Hossa? I think hes doing just fine.

Old
05-19-2008, 03:08 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Well that's not what I meant. I was just saying any of those players would probably be an upgrade. Thanks for making me clarify that.

Ya bastid.
Throw another shrimp on the baaaarbie!!!

Old
05-19-2008, 03:10 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Depends on what it would cost, but yup. He would be the ideal compliment to Gomez on the wing.

Injury prone? Perhaps, but like I said, depends on what the Wild would be asking for.

"Apparently doesnt do well under pressure"...thats an interesting statement. His playoff numbers look fairly solid to me, and wasnt there a similar knock on Hossa? I think hes doing just fine.
You never can tell who will do well in Manhattan, its a whole different ballgame.

Thats a risk the Rangers take with everyone they sign, and very few teams have that handicap.

Old
05-19-2008, 03:14 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Gaborik plays in the hockey capital of the United States.

I'm pretty sure he has had to deal with pressure.

Including flack from his defense-first coach.

Old
05-19-2008, 03:17 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
You never can tell who will do well in Manhattan, its a whole different ballgame.

Thats a risk the Rangers take with everyone they sign, and very few teams have that handicap.
Precisely, but at the same time, a GM cant let some intangible like that get in the way of a potential team that would help this team immensely. Id be more concerned with Gaborik's injury history than the perception he may not be able to handle NY.

With that said, out of the 3 players listed here I would want:
1. Bouwmeester
2. Gaborik
3. Pitkanen

in that order.

Old
05-19-2008, 03:32 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Precisely, but at the same time, a GM cant let some intangible like that get in the way of a potential team that would help this team immensely. Id be more concerned with Gaborik's injury history than the perception he may not be able to handle NY.

With that said, out of the 3 players listed here I would want:
1. Bouwmeester
2. Gaborik
3. Pitkanen

in that order.
IMO it all depends on what the rangers would have to give up for all of them....out of all of these i think the boumeester deal is the most farfetched....why would they deal him to a team in the east...im sure they would rather deal him out west where they wont have to see him as often...which is why i think suter or weber is the more realistic pickup.....and i would love gaborik....no doubt about it....he is a work-horse who has one of the highest skillsets in the entire league, plus the fact he can flat out FLY

Old
05-19-2008, 03:36 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
An Eklund "E3":

Quote:
The Canadiens and The Rangers are two teams that I am gearing have the most interest in Kolzig. He would be a great fit in either place, as well as in Buffalo.

Old
05-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Forechecker

Admittedly, I don't know squat about him, but could Afinogenov be the answer on Gomer's wing? From Spector:

Quote:
- The Buffalo Sabres will actively try to shop Maxim Afinogenov and his $3.5 million salary for next season at the June entry draft.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: Yes, Afinogenov is "enigmatic" but prior to last season had posted up strong numbers which could prove enticing to clubs seeking offensive depth (hello there, Columbus Blue Jackets).

Old
05-19-2008, 03:42 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
If this was posted elsewhere, I apologize....I know it's Eklund, so it won't happen, but still interesting:

Quote:
Jeff Carter (That's right not Anson Carter): Jeff Carter may be the most attractive RFA out there this summer. The Rangers, Oilers, Senators, Red Wings, Stars, Hawks and Sharks are already rumoured to have interest. I do believe the Flyers will offer Jeff a deal in The 5-5.5 per range. I also believe they feel they will retain Jeff, but they also have Umberger and Jones as RFAs and Smith and Modry as UFAs.
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=15365

Old
05-19-2008, 03:52 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
An Eklund "E3":

i dont know what to say, where does he come up with this? i could see kolzig in montreal sharing time with price due to the connection the two have but why would the rangers want him?

i cant remember if have ever seen eklund get one right, he claims i just report what i hear my opinion is he is a phony.

i have to say the most most plausible option on defense for me is suter, after erat signed his contract and the rumours that suter rejected a $3.2 per contract he is the one who may be availabe, nashville are stacked on defense and i think he would be the best option as i dont see florida moving bouwmeester.

Old
05-19-2008, 03:53 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
Admittedly, I don't know squat about him, but could Afinogenov be the answer on Gomer's wing? From Spector:
i have watched him many times as i go to school in buffalo and he isnt the right type of player for anyone....too inconsistent with his play.....none of his teammates can read him because he circles with the puck and either loses it or throws it away....he would have the same stats no matter who he played with

Old
05-19-2008, 03:54 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
i dont know what to say, where does he come up with this? i could see kolzig in montreal sharing time with price due to the connection the two have but why would the rangers want him?

i cant remember if have ever seen eklund get one right, he claims i just report what i hear my opinion is he is a phony.

i have to say the most most plausible option on defense for me is suter, after erat signed his contract and the rumours that suter rejected a $3.2 per contract he is the one who may be availabe, nashville are stacked on defense and i think he would be the best option as i dont see florida moving bouwmeester.
agreed, its whoever nashville doesnt want to resign...weber or suter, although i would rather weber, suter is a very good player as well

Old
05-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Forechecker

Dan Akeson positing from an inside source that Orpik would like to play for the NYR:

Quote:
* Wade Redden: The offensive defenseman the team has been looking for. He has the star power if he can get back to form and lead this young group of defensemen.
* Brooks Orpik: I know from nearly the horses' mouth that he would welcome an opportunity to become a Ranger. The grit that the Rangers currently lack.

Old
05-19-2008, 04:02 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
agreed, its whoever nashville doesnt want to resign...weber or suter, although i would rather weber, suter is a very good player as well
Some rumors flying around that Suter wants 4 - 4.5 and Weber wants 6.

Old
05-19-2008, 04:04 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Some rumors flying around that Suter wants 4 - 4.5 and Weber wants 6.
if the rangers could trade sanguinetti, dawes and 1st 08 for weber, i would gladly give him 8 years at 6 million.....

Old
05-19-2008, 04:10 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
I'd love to take a flyer on Afinogenov. He's ridiculously talented. If the price wasn't too high I'd try and get him. And decent prospect and like a 3rd-4th round pick?

Old
05-19-2008, 04:16 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
I'd love to take a flyer on Afinogenov. He's ridiculously talented. If the price wasn't too high I'd try and get him. And decent prospect and like a 3rd-4th round pick?
people would be all over him all the time....sabres fans hate it when he carries the puck because he loses it A LOT and he hogs the puck....he woul dbe good on a third line that didnt have too much other talent to score because he would try and do everything the entire time like he normally does but he wouldnt do well with a player like gomez because gomez carries the puck and max has very little hockey IQ

Closed Thread