HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2008 Offseason Rumor/Trade proposal Thread

Closed Thread

Old
05-19-2008, 03:16 PM
beastly115

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
Dan Akeson positing from an inside source that Orpik would like to play for the NYR:
Brooks also mentioned something about Orpik becoming a Ranger as well. I'd love to see him on our blueline.

Old
05-19-2008, 03:18 PM
beastly115

As for the Gaborik and JBo trade rumors, it sounds like it's either one or the other. I don't see us trading for both of those guys because we'd basically need to gut the team to get them.

That being said, I'd rather get JBo.

Old
05-19-2008, 03:18 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Brooks also mentioned something about Orpik becoming a Ranger as well. I'd love to see him on our blueline.
Larry Brooks has been lobbying for him. He has not made indications that the Rangers want Orpik or that Orpik wants the Rangers.

05-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
people would be all over him all the time....sabres fans hate it when he carries the puck because he loses it A LOT and he hogs the puck....he woul dbe good on a third line that didnt have too much other talent to score because he would try and do everything the entire time like he normally does but he wouldnt do well with a player like gomez because gomez carries the puck and max has very little hockey IQ
He is pretty frustrating. He is arguably one of the most talented players in the league. I definitely understand he has flaws. I'd just love to see him on the Rangers, every time he touches the puck its pure magic.

Old
05-19-2008, 03:19 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
As for the Gaborik and JBo trade rumors, it sounds like it's either one or the other. I don't see us trading for both of those guys because we'd basically need to gut the team to get them.

That being said, I'd rather get JBo.
if i had to pick between the two i would pick JBo also....although it all depends on the price, gabrik may come cheaper and he would fill a HUGE hole also

Old
05-19-2008, 03:21 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
He is pretty frustrating. He is arguably one of the most talented players in the league. I definitely understand he has flaws. I'd just love to see him on the Rangers, every time he touches the puck its pure magic.
i just cant see him fitting in well on this team because he is one dimensional and his skills are made for the style buffalo plays....and he hasnt done well there....

Old
05-19-2008, 03:27 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
i just cant see him fitting in well on this team because he is one dimensional and his skills are made for the style buffalo plays....and he hasnt done well there....
I wonder if having Drury on the team would help keep him focused.

Old
05-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Quote:
I wonder if having Drury on the team would help keep him focused.
Yeah, I would hope Drury would kick him in the ass. BTW Viper the 2 seasons prior this one have been really good, 73 points in 77 games in 05-06 and 61 points in 56 games in 06-07. He was playing on a great offensive team but I think he could play well on the PP and rack up some points if Gomez was on his line.

Old
05-19-2008, 03:39 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Yeah, I would hope Drury would kick him in the ass. BTW Viper the 2 seasons prior this one have been really good, 73 points in 77 games in 05-06 and 61 points in 56 games in 06-07. He was playing on a great offensive team but I think he could play well on the PP and rack up some points if Gomez was on his line.
its because they play a wide-open style....they switch positions on the fly and he is still caught out of position A LOT....he is almost uncoachable....he has great talent, im not arguing that, its just that he wouldnt fit on this team....he would do well in detroit, maybe

Old
05-19-2008, 03:43 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Orpik might be the best fit of all on the blueline because hed cost nothing but money.

He'd also provide the type of defensive grit the Rangers have sorely lacked for over a decade.

Old
05-19-2008, 03:47 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Orpik might be the best fit of all on the blueline because hed cost nothing but money.

He'd also provide the type of defensive grit the Rangers have sorely lacked for over a decade.
i would like both.....orpik would be a good #3 or #4 who uses his body and the rangers would still need a top pairing defenceman, which is where boumeester or weber or suter would slot in.....

Old
05-19-2008, 03:48 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
how about Mark Bell?? we need a physical force up front, he would come cheap i would think.

rangers get Mark Bell and 2ed in 08
Leafs get Christain Backman and Petr Prucha

Old
05-19-2008, 03:52 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
i would like both.....orpik would be a good #3 or #4 who uses his body and the rangers would still need a top pairing defenceman, which is where boumeester or weber or suter would slot in.....
To be honest, I think the most pressing need is to find a sniper that can be paired with Gomez up front.

Finding such a player, signing Orpik, and obtaining a top pairing defenseman (preferably with some offensive ability) is going to be an extremely difficult task to perform this offseason.

Old
05-19-2008, 03:55 PM
beastly115

Quote:
To be honest, I think the most pressing need is to find a sniper that can be paired with Gomez up front.

Finding such a player, signing Orpik, and obtaining a top pairing defenseman (preferably with some offensive ability) is going to be an extremely difficult task to perform this offseason.
It's actually not that difficult. I guess it depends on what caliber of sniper you're looking for for Gomez. For example, we could get a Rolston or Ryder for cash or get Gaborik for assets. Orpik will cost money. JBo/Weber/Suter will cost assets.

We don't have enough assets to land Gaborik and JBo/Weber/Suter. It will be one or the other.

Old
05-19-2008, 03:56 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
if the rangers could trade sanguinetti, dawes and 1st 08 for weber, i would gladly give him 8 years at 6 million.....
I dunno, I like Weber, but I'm not sure if he could fill the role we need. He isn't necessarily a PP QB, but he is a shutdown d-man. If we move Sanguinetti for Weber, that leaves us without a guy who can control the play from the point.

Weber would be great on the first unit with Gomez, where he could fire shots from the blueline, but not really hold the puck. However, we still need a guy back there who can control the play.

Quote:
I'd love to take a flyer on Afinogenov. He's ridiculously talented. If the price wasn't too high I'd try and get him. And decent prospect and like a 3rd-4th round pick?
I think Afinogenov is going to cause more problems for us than he'd solve. He really isn't a two way forward, and I don't see anyone convincing him that he is.

Old
05-19-2008, 04:03 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
It's actually not that difficult. I guess it depends on what caliber of sniper you're looking for for Gomez. For example, we could get a Rolston or Ryder for cash or get Gaborik for assets. Orpik will cost money. JBo/Weber/Suter will cost assets.

We don't have enough assets to land Gaborik and JBo/Weber/Suter. It will be one or the other.
Signing a Ryder or Rolston is still kind of short changing Gomez if you ask me. They are nice players, but not upper echelon snipers like a Hossa or Gaborik would be.

But then again, the philosphy of Sather's Rangers from 2004 on has been to build from the net out, so if he wanted to go ahead and sign Orpik then trade for a Bouwmeester of Weber, I wouldnt be devistated.

Its just that Renney's defensive system has faired pretty well the last few years without a ton of brand names on the blueline. His teams have also struggled to score without the luxury of a superhuman Jagr. I think offense is priority #1.

Old
05-19-2008, 04:20 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:

I dunno, the first few years of Kaspar were pretty gritty and remember the Ulf Samuelsson years (just barely makes that decade mark)? That said, yeah we could use some grit.

Redden-Staal
Tyutin-Girardi
Orpik-Backman/Rookie

drop Rosival, Malik, Mara, etc...

Old
05-19-2008, 04:58 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Dan Akeson positing from an inside source that Orpik would like to play for the NYR:
my god, could you imagine..

Staal Redden
Orpik Girardi
Tyutin Mara

Old
05-19-2008, 05:06 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post

Staal Bouwmeester
Orpik Girardi
Mara Potter

Fixed it for you.

Old
05-19-2008, 05:16 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Fixed it for you.

eh, honestly, i prefer my scenario more.

Old
05-19-2008, 05:21 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
I don't.

Old
05-19-2008, 05:26 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I don't.

I'd rather have the guy who is going to be in the league the longest.

Old
05-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Nich

Quote:

Staal Redden
Orpik Girardi
Tyutin Mara

i actually would be quite happy with that. and sign hutch for our 7th...

Old
05-19-2008, 06:09 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

A third line of:

Korpikoski - Drury - Afinogenov

Would be pretty unreal.

Thats the kind of scoring depth and speed that would be great to have.

Again, if Afinogenov came relatively cheep, why not?

Only thing is they would expect a lot for him. I'm not sure i would be prepared to trade away who it would take to get him.

I'm not trading Cherepanov or Anisimov for ANYONE... EXCEPT Kovalchuk, the second best goal scorer in the league (behind only Ovechkin). And that is it.

Callahan, Prucha, 2008 3rd? I don't know. I wouldn't give any of our top prospects.

Old
05-19-2008, 06:15 PM
Nich

rather have cally than afinagonov

Closed Thread