HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wich Rookie Do You Want To See With The Habs Next Season?

Old
05-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

vCash: 500
Chipchura and Stewart for me also, I think that O'Byrne will mature with playing all year on Hamrlik's side, and Bouillon and Gorges are surprising to watch, they have really good chemistry... and IMO Bouillon redeemed himself this year.

Ryder, good riddance. Smolinski will leave, so will Brisebois, and Dandy, pfff whatever...

Chipchura will be a welcome addition, his 'puck stealing' skill, defensive awareness and size were missing. And Stewart, he could become something special... not a scoring machine by any means, but he could become a wonderful 4th line player, alongside Lapierre and Kostopoulos.

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2008, 07:27 PM
Uwey

Defense may see some of the best battles in training camp this fall. O'Byrne may hold the hammer right now, but I'll bet there will others pushing him & or Gorges for positions. Valentenko & Carle will be pushing hard for a spot & rumour has it, the team is really going to push to get Emelin to Canada this summer & get him signed. It is thought that the player development dept. of the Habs feel he is the best Canadiens prospect not in a Habs uniform at this time.

I believe Chipchura & Stewart have the best chances at the forward position IMO to stick, but I feel that maybe either Wyman or Trotter may turn some heads in camp as well, pushing Aubin & D'Agostini as the next in line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazuzu View Post
Chipchura and Stewart for me also, I think that O'Byrne will mature with playing all year on Hamrlik's side, and Bouillon and Gorges are surprising to watch, they have really good chemistry... and IMO Bouillon redeemed himself this year.

Ryder, good riddance. Smolinski will leave, so will Brisebois, and Dandy, pfff whatever...

Chipchura will be a welcome addition, his 'puck stealing' skill, defensive awareness and size were missing. And Stewart, he could become something special... not a scoring machine by any means, but he could become a wonderful 4th line player, alongside Lapierre and Kostopoulos.
I would like to see Tommy Kop moved onto a line with maybe Koivu & Higgins. He goes to the net, adds some grit & showed in the playoffs that he can score dirty goals, something this team doesn't do much of. I also believe that Lapierre could bring the same to this team if given a couple of offensive players to play with. Neither will light up the scoreboard, but they could provide some distraction to give some of the more talented players a little extra time to weave their magic & cause some headaches for opposing goaltenders.

IMO, Latendresse is the guy who needs to take a step forward next season. I still believe it was a huge mistake not sending him to hamilton for tons of ice time last season.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 05-17-2008 at 08:52 PM.
Uwey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Habs13

Stewart and Chipchura ; Size, D and grit. Stewart will drop the gloves and stick up for team mates. Chipchura provides size up the middle.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

**** yeah, Stewart

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2008, 01:35 PM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazuzu View Post

I agree completely.

I have said many times that I hate Boullion and that he sucks and needs to be traded or whatever, but this season he completely changed my opinion of him. He was solid back there on defence with Gorges or whoever else he played with. He just played his game and wasn't running around out of position as much.

He was a very dependable 5th or 6th defencemen and if he plans on keeping it up, then we may as well keep him around.

As for Brisebois.....he can go retire now. He had a terrible regular season and played DECENT in the playoffs, but didn't play well enough to warrant him being re-signed for next season as far as I'm concerned.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2008, 03:43 PM
Vilgrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
I agree completely.

I have said many times that I hate Boullion and that he sucks and needs to be traded or whatever, but this season he completely changed my opinion of him. He was solid back there on defence with Gorges or whoever else he played with. He just played his game and wasn't running around out of position as much.

He was a very dependable 5th or 6th defencemen and if he plans on keeping it up, then we may as well keep him around.

As for Brisebois.....he can go retire now. He had a terrible regular season and played DECENT in the playoffs, but didn't play well enough to warrant him being re-signed for next season as far as I'm concerned.
i would also keep bouillon before brisebois. the guy can just be so useful sometimes.
don't want to see begin leave either. for the same reason as bouillon.

anyway, i'd like to see chipchura this year.
another one? Emelin would be nice (but yea, i know, not possible)
than i would be curious to see what stewart can do.

for some reasons, i just can't see d'agostini make the team at any point. not with all the other prospects asking for the same spot.

Vilgrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2008, 08:06 PM
Bermy

I want to see what Stewart can do next year. He was awesome in that game he played in

Bermy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bermy View Post
I want to see what Stewart can do next year. He was awesome in that game he played in
He has limited talent so we shouldnt expect him to play like in that game all year long if he graduates with the Habs. I mean he wasnt even with the Bulldogs when they called him up.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2008, 10:03 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
He has limited talent so we shouldnt expect him to play like in that game all year long if he graduates with the Habs. I mean he wasnt even with the Bulldogs when they called him up.
I don't think anyone but the most insanely prospect blind expect anything more than 4th line winger from him, but given what he did show, I could see him being our extra guy/4th line sub from time to time.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2008, 10:22 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
I don't think anyone but the most insanely prospect blind expect anything more than 4th line winger from him, but given what he did show, I could see him being our extra guy/4th line sub from time to time.
Thats what i meant: we should keep our expectations low. He just might turn out to be a good 4th line guy. Good call there!

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2008, 11:57 PM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwey View Post
Defense may see some of the best battles in training camp this fall. O'Byrne may hold the hammer right now, but I'll bet there will others pushing him & or Gorges for positions. Valentenko & Carle will be pushing hard for a spot & rumour has it, the team is really going to push to get Emelin to Canada this summer & get him signed. It is thought that the player development dept. of the Habs feel he is the best Canadiens prospect not in a Habs uniform at this time.

I believe Chipchura & Stewart have the best chances at the forward position IMO to stick, but I feel that maybe either Wyman or Trotter may turn some heads in camp as well, pushing Aubin & D'Agostini as the next in line.

I would like to see Tommy Kop moved onto a line with maybe Koivu & Higgins. He goes to the net, adds some grit & showed in the playoffs that he can score dirty goals, something this team doesn't do much of. I also believe that Lapierre could bring the same to this team if given a couple of offensive players to play with. Neither will light up the scoreboard, but they could provide some distraction to give some of the more talented players a little extra time to weave their magic & cause some headaches for opposing goaltenders.

IMO, Latendresse is the guy who needs to take a step forward next season. I still believe it was a huge mistake not sending him to hamilton for tons of ice time last season.
hiya buddy! good to see you on this board.

Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 08:49 AM
mad_hab'er

Chipchura is solid.

mad_hab'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 10:12 AM
Melvin Udall

QUOTE=Ice Poutine;14113823]Wich Rookie Do You Want To See With The Habs Next Season?

I ask you nicely and gently to discuss this please.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I would love to see Shawn Matthias (Belville Bulls) who was drafted #47 overall by Detroit (who else) in 2006, in Montreal's lineup next season.
Granted, this is only wishful thinking!

Looks like a good young centre with lots of size, skill and potential -- just what the Habs need.

It appears that FL Panthers have somehow aquired his NHL rights! Appears to be a terriffic prospect!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 10:19 AM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Irish View Post
Personally, I would love to see Shawn Matthias (Belville Bulls) who was drafted #47 overall by Detroit (who else) in 2006, in Montreal's lineup next season.
Granted, this is only wishful thinking!

Looks like a good young centre with lots of size, skill and potential -- just what the Habs need.

It appears that FL Panthers have somehow aquired his NHL rights! Appears to be a terriffic prospect!
Bertuzzi trade.

Lucky ********.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote