HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lecavalier - Speculation

Old
05-19-2008, 09:28 PM
Boltsfan2029

vCash: 698
Read about it here

Boltsfan2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2008, 09:55 PM
Iwishihadacup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan2029 View Post
we need to acquire Kyle Beach this summer

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2008, 11:25 PM
Melvin Udall

[QUOTE=cjbhab;14141579]LECAVALIER

he's selling his house in tampa, he's coming to Montreal!!

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2008, 11:25 PM
Boltsfan2029

vCash: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
I appreciate it, thanks a lot.

If Lecavalier is leaving (I'm about to read the article, haven't, yet!),

cheers

EDIT: I just read the short/brief article!! What a tease!
Maybe he's moving to a "beach" in Montreal! We have artificially made beaches here!!
Missed this part, I gather...

Quote:
The hockey star doesn't plan to leave the Lightning.

Boltsfan2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 12:34 AM
le_sean

People overblow Tampa's defensive deficiencies. It has more to do with the 5 man unit not playing well in that zone and poor goaltending than it has to do with actual defencemen.

Boyle, Rangers and O'Brien are all Top 4 defenceman. Kuba is just on the brink. Smaby is coming up he'll be a Top 4 I believe. So that's 4 good defencemen.

This is compared to no one in their system that can step in offensively anytime soon. Dana Tyrell is not an offensive force, Luca Cunti is still a question mark. With the uncertainty of Vinny staying when his contract is up, what happens? They can take Doughty but how is that going to help? In 3 years maybe. Stamkos can help their team now AND will be the centrepiece for years to come.

Quote:
Team Weaknesses:
1 Distinct lack of high-end, marquee prospects
2 Thin in experienced offensive-minded defensemen
3 Not much depth at center position
That's their weaknesses according to this website. Stamkos fills 2 of those. Boyle and Ranger are already on the team as offensive-minded. The need for them is really up front.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 01:08 AM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
People overblow Tampa's defensive deficiencies. It has more to do with the 5 man unit not playing well in that zone and poor goaltending than it has to do with actual defencemen.

Boyle, Rangers and O'Brien are all Top 4 defenceman. Kuba is just on the brink. Smaby is coming up he'll be a Top 4 I believe. So that's 4 good defencemen.

This is compared to no one in their system that can step in offensively anytime soon. Dana Tyrell is not an offensive force, Luca Cunti is still a question mark. With the uncertainty of Vinny staying when his contract is up, what happens? They can take Doughty but how is that going to help? In 3 years maybe. Stamkos can help their team now AND will be the centrepiece for years to come.

That's their weaknesses according to this website. Stamkos fills 2 of those. Boyle and Ranger are already on the team as offensive-minded. The need for them is really up front.
I knew there was at least one person here who knew the Lightning.

Anyone who thinks that Tampa's main weakness is defensive prospects flat-out knows nothing about the team. End of story.

Transported Upstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 01:54 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transported Upstater View Post
I knew there was at least one person here who knew the Lightning.

Anyone who thinks that Tampa's main weakness is defensive prospects flat-out knows nothing about the team. End of story.
Ya, they really showed how good they were without Boyle this season!

Tampa Bay finished last in the NHL this season, they have more than just ONE main weakness. They have a lot of weaknesses.
Take Boyle out and they probably have the worst D in the league. Now, in all fairness, take Vinny out and they have the weakest offense too.
If they only go by drafting and not trades, it'll take a long time for TB to get back to Stanley Cup material.

I just feel like you should solidify one thing at a time. They've gotten a good goalie, their D is building up but lacks depth IMO and their offense relies solely on 2players.
If i were them, i would continue to bring in depth on D and then focus on Fowards. Very much so like Gainey did with us.

Although i don't think anybody can say taking Stamkos would be a bad move. I mean, imagine they do pick Stamkos, finish last again and get Tavares in the 09 draft. Their offense would simply be phenomenal at that point.

But i just said i wouldnt be surprised if they chose Doughty because im more of a ''finish building one part and then move on to the next one''

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 02:00 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post

Tampa Bay finished last in the NHL this season, they have more than just ONE main weakness. They have a lot of weaknesses.
Take Boyle out and they probably have the worst D in the league. Now, in all fairness, take Vinny out and they have the weakest offense too.
If they only go by drafting and not trades, it'll take a long time for TB to get back to Stanley Cup material.

I just feel like you should solidify one thing at a time. They've gotten a good goalie, their D is building up but lacks depth IMO and their offense relies solely on 2players.
If i were them, i would continue to bring in depth on D and then focus on Fowards. Very much so like Gainey did with us.

Although i don't think anybody can say taking Stamkos would be a bad move. I mean, imagine they do pick Stamkos, finish last again and get Tavares in the 09 draft. Their offense would simply be phenomenal at that point.

But i just said i wouldnt be surprised if they chose Doughty because im more of a ''finish building one part and then move on to the next one''
Take Markov off the habs, and we finish in the playoffs? 9th? Your best player on defense can kill you if he isn't there.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post

Taking Doughty over Stamkos is a bad move... If you have multiple weaknesses you must take the best player available, and Stamkos is surely the BPA.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 12:50 PM
kostitsyn1489

He needs a bigger house because he'll have Stamkos, Tavares and Hall living with him within 3 years.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 01:14 PM
The refs love me

Lecavalier to the Canadiens would make me so happy, I've had a wicked man-crush on Vinny for a long time, but Tampa's jersey's are horrible... Now if he were in Montreal, sporting the best jersey in the NHL, what could be better?

The refs love me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 02:00 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
Take Markov off the habs, and we finish in the playoffs? 9th? Your best player on defense can kill you if he isn't there.
That's why you need depth.

But im not going to argue that they shouldn't take Stamkos, that would be very stupid.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 12:19 AM
Jean Beliveau

Quote:
Originally Posted by The refs love me View Post
Lecavalier to the Canadiens would make me so happy, I've had a wicked man-crush on Vinny for a long time, but Tampa's jersey's are horrible... Now if he were in Montreal, sporting the best jersey in the NHL, what could be better?
Vinny is coming to Montreal after the 2008/09 season. Bob will make it happen as it his destiny to bring the cup back to it's rightful place.

Vinny is the French Canadian MESSIAH that we have all been waiting for since Guy Lafleur.

I don't care how beautiful the beaches are in Florida, the patriotic and nationalistic pull of the Habs jersey and the Quebec nation will be impossible to resist.

Vinny will come on board as the final piece of the Gainey masterplan for the next decade.

Jean Beliveau is offline   Reply With Quote