Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2008, 12:22 PM
Predatore

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Predatore
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
although predatore might disagree, but on a positive sidenote, örebro's J20 avoided kvalserien.

well, it was either Örebro or MB. I prefer MB being relegated (granted they lose to either Vallentuna or Troja/Ljungby). I would be really surprised if Troja does not defeat both teams and get promoted.

Predatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2008, 03:22 PM
GuloGulo

(yes, I'm trolling)

SUCK IT KÖPEBRO.

GuloGulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2008, 03:47 PM
zecke26

another year with a disappointing end.

i'm sick of the mercenaries. i hope something will change now. skilled, young and hungry players are needed. please no more slow veterans.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Riddarn
1980-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatore View Post
well, it was either Örebro or MB. I prefer MB being relegated (granted they lose to either Vallentuna or Troja/Ljungby). I would be really surprised if Troja does not defeat both teams and get promoted.
Not to hijack this thread or anything but I think something is a bit odd when two organizations that do not even have representation in allsvenskan are fighting for spots in the top junior league in the country. Not to put down their efforts at developing junior players, but the allsvenskan teams should be richer and have more resources to pour into this.

Riddarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2008, 05:14 AM
Ola

Quote:
i'm sick of the mercenaries. i hope something will change now. skilled, young and hungry players are needed. please no more slow veterans.
I know how that is, have seen allot of thoose versions in HPDA. But Asplöven really managed to create a team this season, but maybe thats not so strange since they have partyed together 3 times a week for 6 month...

Old
03-13-2008, 11:23 AM
Ola

Heard from the coach of Asplöven that Örebros goalie just hadn't been good enough. He felt they just got lucky in this series -- getting timely goals.

Old
03-13-2008, 07:22 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Heard from the coach of Asplöven that Örebros goalie just hadn't been good enough. He felt they just got lucky in this series -- getting timely goals.
if you get three shorthanded goals against you in three games plus getting too many penalties, you won't win anything.
i don't know how nissinen was, but there were more things wrong than just him.

Old
03-14-2008, 08:08 AM
zecke26

http://www.na.se/artikel.asp?intId=1...-ger-inte-upp-

good read about what happened and what's going on in general. seem to be honest words. since i just woke up, i don't understand everything yet. will have to read that later again.

Old
04-24-2008, 05:33 AM
zecke26

they just signed dwayne hay and re-signed lihagen. i really see the youth movement so far.

anyway...here's the current roster:

goalies: kristoffer eriksson

defenders:
daniel wågström
mikael svensk
gustav ellebo
johan lilja (skå)

forwards:
sebastian fors
gustav gräsberg
jonas karlsson
niklas sjödin
peter bodin
henrik löwdahl
viktor kratz (järfälla/almtuna)
dwayne hay (no hockey last season)
niklas lihagen

Old
04-25-2008, 11:14 AM
Ribban

I think I heard that they are trying to keep the core together and add Jr's to that core, which makes sense. No point in throwing a bunch of U-20's in there and get hammered if you have a functioning core and can add a couple of juniors every season.

The big question is of course if they are going to let the young guys get any ice time, and what kind of ice time they will get. I can easily see how Örebro will beat up on the countryside in the regular season and then get the brilliant idea that they need to "buy" a new team for the post season from wherever there are players available as "this might be the year" and "we better take the chance" on behalf of the juniors' development.

I saw that Jens Nielsen is going to Kumla.

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 10:53 AM
zecke26

keep the core and add juniors sounds good.
today they added fredrik orrsten, a 29y old junior from boras.

Old
04-28-2008, 10:13 AM
Ribban

*sigh*

Yep... the story seems to repeat itself once again. I believe the same articel read that 31-year-old Dwayne Hay, http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...id%5B%5D=19353, was onboard as well.

The buzz was that ÖHK was going to be ÖIK once again and bring in homegrown talent to the team. The idea was to generate a better attitude and desire to win as well as sell the people in Örebro on its hockey team once again.

It seemed like a reasonable and achievable plan.

Old
04-28-2008, 03:32 PM
zecke26

don't worry. the youth will come.

at least they re-signed a junior. jonas bergman (28y old, D) stays with ÖHK.

Old
05-03-2008, 05:14 PM
zecke26

and they got younger again. 20y olds ruud and ring signed with lindlovens. but this time it's ok. both were simply not good enough, not even for J20.

Old
05-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Chileiceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
*sigh*

Yep... the story seems to repeat itself once again. I believe the same articel read that 31-year-old Dwayne Hay, http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...id%5B%5D=19353, was onboard as well.

The buzz was that ÖHK was going to be ÖIK once again and bring in homegrown talent to the team. The idea was to generate a better attitude and desire to win as well as sell the people in Örebro on its hockey team once again.

It seemed like a reasonable and achievable plan.
I work with Dwayne Hay's dad. He told me his son was playing in the SEL. I guess that's not true. He also said he had played in the RSL. Not true either.

Chileiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 03:37 PM
zecke26

jonas almqvist re-signed. i really like that. he belongs to this team.

and the newest addition is defender tomas mitell (mariestad). was the highest scoring defender in the whole D1 last season. seems like a good addition. but he's 27, so he's not the start of the youth movement.

Old
05-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Ribban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chileiceman View Post
I work with Dwayne Hay's dad. He told me his son was playing in the SEL. I guess that's not true. He also said he had played in the RSL. Not true either.
I think one of them, either Dwayne or his dad, added a little enthusiasm to that story.

http://www.orebrohockey.se/nyhet.php?id=348

Old
05-15-2008, 12:28 PM
Ribban

Quote:
jonas almqvist re-signed. i really like that. he belongs to this team.

and the newest addition is defender tomas mitell (mariestad). was the highest scoring defender in the whole D1 last season. seems like a good addition. but he's 27, so he's not the start of the youth movement.
They also lost Torstensson to MB!
Well, for Örebro it may make sense. Defense was not the strong suit last year.
I wonder what their goalie plans are?

Old
05-16-2008, 02:00 AM
zecke26

Quote:
I wonder what their goalie plans are?
you heard it here first: johan holmqvist!

eriksson will be the backup it seems. and they should be able to get a good starter. it's örebro, it will be 35+ or so. where's trevor kidd these days?

i like the rumor about sättermann. 18y old who had 34 points in 27 games in division2. that sounds interesting.

Old
05-16-2008, 02:32 AM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Just speculating with some finnish options in goal goalies without contract as far as I know. Most of these are rather well known, which is what I expect Örebro to go after.

Former kings finnish draft pick goalie, Carl Grahn is without contract. Rumours place him in lower leagues in sweden.

Antti Ore is another senior goalie without contract.

Both have been playing mostly Mestis.

Jan Lundell hasn't gotten a new contract with HIFK. He is 34 years old and has been a starter in SM-liiga a couple of seasons here and there.

Pasi Häkkinen is without contract. Sharing the net of Ilves last season, 30 years old. Journeyman in SM-liiga.

Joni Puurula, 25 years old. Montréal draft pick. A bust or boom kind of goalie that hasn't looked all that good at all times. Jokerit backup last season.

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 02:32 AM
Ribban

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
Just speculating with some finnish options in goal goalies without contract as far as I know. Most of these are rather well known, which is what I expect Örebro to go after.

Former kings finnish draft pick goalie, Carl Grahn is without contract. Rumours place him in lower leagues in sweden.

Antti Ore is another senior goalie without contract.

Both have been playing mostly Mestis.

Jan Lundell hasn't gotten a new contract with HIFK. He is 34 years old and has been a starter in SM-liiga a couple of seasons here and there.

Pasi Häkkinen is without contract. Sharing the net of Ilves last season, 30 years old. Journeyman in SM-liiga.

Joni Puurula, 25 years old. Montréal draft pick. A bust or boom kind of goalie that hasn't looked all that good at all times. Jokerit backup last season.
I'm wondering if that wouldn't bee too expensive for them though. It's one thing to offer Finnish players a contract as a way to make some "extra bucks" once they are eliminated from the play-offs in Finland, but to ask someone to relocate for at least a season and then play in a "crappy" div 3 club would probably require a hefty pot of gold in the end of that rainbow, me thinketh.

What I would love for them to do is along your lines however. I hope they would approach a proven, older guy, like Jan Lundell, and offer him a two-year-contract as a player/goalie coach, which would then justify a bigger salary. Not that I know anything about Jan, so he might not be the right man for such a job, but I'm sure there are a couple of great, aging, players, who are well wired to coach and open to play while giving coaching a try.... then again, that would require faith in their own Jr. ranks as well as patience, which seems to be foreign concepts to Örebro Hockey Klubb.

Old
05-20-2008, 06:11 AM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Quote:
I'm wondering if that wouldn't bee too expensive for them though. It's one thing to offer Finnish players a contract as a way to make some "extra bucks" once they are eliminated from the play-offs in Finland, but to ask someone to relocate for at least a season and then play in a "crappy" div 3 club would probably require a hefty pot of gold in the end of that rainbow, me thinketh.
If they're too bad for the SM-liiga, I don't think they really care about the level, just that the pay would be better than in mestis...

Quote:
What I would love for them to do is along your lines however. I hope they would approach a proven, older guy, like Jan Lundell, and offer him a two-year-contract as a player/goalie coach, which would then justify a bigger salary. Not that I know anything about Jan, so he might not be the right man for such a job, but I'm sure there are a couple of great, aging, players, who are well wired to coach and open to play while giving coaching a try.... then again, that would require faith in their own Jr. ranks as well as patience, which seems to be foreign concepts to Örebro Hockey Klubb.
Sweden needs better goalie coaches. Lundell could work.

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 10:23 AM
zecke26

speaking of goalies, jens loden signed with lindlovens. he was 7 seasons with orebro.

on a sidenote: 16y old johan planeby (kumla), brother of erik, signed with orebro's J18.

Old
06-09-2008, 05:29 AM
zecke26

and the new starting goalie is:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=309

i've never seen him play, but his stats look like he could be a pretty good D1 goalie.
and at least he's no finn.