HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > IIHF World Championship
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
IIHF World Championship Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

What about this for the Czech Republic team?

Closed Thread

Old
05-24-2004, 07:56 AM
e-e

vCash: 500
as i know holik is an american citizen...if he is he can't be a czech citizen as well. czech republic doesn't allow double citizenship. it's funny thing if you are former czech and now you are a canadian for example you wanna go to czech republic you must apply for a visa... :lol

i don't think the holik is eligible for usa and czeck team at the same time...correct me if i'm wrong.

as for jagr thing...if i was a gm i would never invite him to any national team...ever

Old
05-24-2004, 12:09 PM
BuppY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcs_1983_shannonman
I heard Jagr say back in April that he is unsure about playing and that it will "depend on how good the team is going to be".

Those are the words that Jagr said.
Hey guys i might be wrong but i remember reading that article and i think he was talking about the World Championship not the World Cup..

Old
05-24-2004, 12:30 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

vCash: 277
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Havlat and Jagr played together at the Olympics and I think you would see them together again.

Old
05-24-2004, 12:47 PM
Master Kush

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-e
as i know holik is an american citizen...if he is he can't be a czech citizen as well. czech republic doesn't allow double citizenship. it's funny thing if you are former czech and now you are a canadian for example you wanna go to czech republic you must apply for a visa... :lol

i don't think the holik is eligible for usa and czeck team at the same time...correct me if i'm wrong.

as for jagr thing...if i was a gm i would never invite him to any national team...ever
You are wrong. THe Czech republic allows for double citizenships as me and my family all have Czech and Canadian passports.

THe US on the other hand, i think, does not allow for double citizenship..

Anyways, I'm really disappointed to hear the Hamrlik, Lang, Straka, And Reichel are possibly not playing. The first three are vital members of the team while the latter is a proven int'l tourny player. If those four don't play then it will seriously hamper their chances of winning, which is sad because the Czech woudn't be sending their best team..

Old
05-24-2004, 07:21 PM
devildan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroTheHero
Elias can also play centre
You do not want Elias or Sykora to play center. TRUST ME.

Old
05-24-2004, 07:43 PM
wilka91*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Kush
You are wrong. THe Czech republic allows for double citizenships as me and my family all have Czech and Canadian passports.

THe US on the other hand, i think, does not allow for double citizenship..
Both the Czech Republic and the US allow the double citizenship.
I know it because my dad is half Czech half American.

If that's not enough for you, then just remember that Fedorov is half American half Russian since 2001, and that in 2002 he played at the Olympics for Russia and nobody said anything. Why? Because everything is legal!

Old
05-24-2004, 07:49 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcs_1983_shannonman
I heard Jagr say back in April that he is unsure about playing and that it will "depend on how good the team is going to be".

Those are the words that Jagr said.
well, he played for the world championship team, so the world cup team can be no worse. Jagr will play, and like the worlds, he will play well.

Old
05-24-2004, 07:54 PM
DownFromNJ

I wouldn't consider not putting Sykora and Elias on a line together. Theres about as much chemistry as is possible between those two guys.

Old
05-24-2004, 09:27 PM
Blackjack

You'll never see Holik in an international match. He played for the Czech team when he was young, so he can't play on another international team. At the same time, he'll never play for Czech because he has severed ties with them.

At least that's the situation as I understand it.

Old
05-24-2004, 10:32 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Havlat - Lang - Jágr
Elias - Dopita - Sykora
Rucinsky - Prospal - Hejduk
Vyborny - Straka - Dvorak

Closed Thread