HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Knickerbocker talk

Old
05-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99 View Post
just make Rose the best PG in the league.
uhm... yeah, just making someone the best PG in the league is an easy thing to just go ahead and do, right?

thats ridiculous.

Also: CP3 plays for New Orleans.

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2008, 10:18 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
uhm... yeah, just making someone the best PG in the league is an easy thing to just go ahead and do, right?

thats ridiculous.

Also: CP3 plays for New Orleans.
yeah, impossible. Just like many people said Chris Paul was too small and never would be a top PG. I could go on and mention dozens of recent players they said would never make it. How it's impossible to rebuild in NYC (Rangers) and that the NYR would never be committed to youth. NEVER!

BTW. Chris Paul didn't just become one of the best PG over night. He entered the NBA with the skill set and worked his way to where is currently is ...
Many people agree on skills alone Rose could be a top 3 PG entering the NBA. It's just about having the right guidance and hard work for him to be a top PG. He's already got more that most players could ever dream of having.

It's not like I'm saying a good coach could turn JALEN Rose into a top player.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 12:12 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Well D'Antoni isn't my ideal choice, but I definitely prefer him over Avery Johnson. Jackson was my first choice so hopefully this doesn't backfire.

Count me in on the Derrick Rose bandwagon. I started following him during the season and I absolutely loved what I saw. I know he had his struggles in the big games - as well as shooting free throws, but that can be corrected as he matures as a player. I am definitely one who thinks the Knicks NEED Rose.

As for the remaining guys, could we get anything for Curry? As horrible as he is defensively and for his refusal to rebound, the guy is pretty good in the low post at scoring..maybe nobody wants to be crushed by his blubber...but the guy can score. I'd take anything for him.

Randolph actually has some talent and had a few decent games last year...but since nobody wants to remember anything about that team, they obviously forget about it. Trade him if you can, but only if the offer is good.

I'm actually a big Crawford fan. I think the kid has alot of heart and when he is on, he's just lethal. He's very inconsistent though, but he's one of a very few true scorers on this team.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 01:26 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
I'm actually a big Crawford fan. I think the kid has alot of heart and when he is on, he's just lethal. He's very inconsistent though, but he's one of a very few true scorers on this team.
Crawford is talented, and he was inconsistent last year, yes. But then again, who wasn't last season? As long as Crawford isn't the only legitimate talent in the back court, he'd be a fine guard to have. That's why I want Rose

I'm holding onto hope that in the past, the worst team record wise has NOT won the lottery. I hope we can somehow get the 2nd spot, letting whoever is first make the choice between Beasley or Rose. I'd take either, but I'd prefer Rose for our team. Beasley will be the more dominant NBA player, but again: WE NEED A FLOOR GENERAL

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 09:40 PM
danno2530

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Crawford is talented, and he was inconsistent last year, yes. But then again, who wasn't last season? As long as Crawford isn't the only legitimate talent in the back court, he'd be a fine guard to have. That's why I want Rose

I'm holding onto hope that in the past, the worst team record wise has NOT won the lottery. I hope we can somehow get the 2nd spot, letting whoever is first make the choice between Beasley or Rose. I'd take either, but I'd prefer Rose for our team. Beasley will be the more dominant NBA player, but again: WE NEED A FLOOR GENERAL
Agreed. I liked what I saw of Beasley, but I think you can always get a good big man somewhere if you try hard..a true Chris Paul-esque PG is really hard to come by.

And besides, it's been 23 years..I'd say the NBA owes us another life raft

Old
05-20-2008, 07:29 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Absolute ****ing horse **** with this lottery. Leave it to the Knicks' bad luck streak to not only miss out on the top two, but to drop one spot in terms of odds.

If we're lucky, Jerryd Bayless will be there at our pick. Unless Mayo slides, I think we're looking at Bayless, Anthony Randolph, or Eric Gordon

Old
05-20-2008, 07:35 PM
TomLaidlaw

D'Antoni's face when the Knicks pick was announced was priceless. You could actually see him thinking " You gotta be kidding me ". That won't be the last time we see that face. Welcome to NY Mike.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 08:33 PM
danno2530

**** this joke of a lottery. The Bulls get the first overall pick twice in less than 10 years, we suffer through a hideous season and get the SIXTH damn pick. Why am I not surprised? We can't even LOSE right.

Old
05-20-2008, 08:42 PM
TheGreatone94

Hopefully Mayo falls to us at six. Anyone else hear the rumours of Bassy coming back to NY?

TheGreatone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 08:54 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

were so ****ed...unless we somehow find a way to get mayo

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 09:31 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatone94 View Post
Hopefully Mayo falls to us at six. Anyone else hear the rumours of Bassy coming back to NY?
Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
were so ****ed...unless we somehow find a way to get mayo
If there's no Mayo at 6, I wouldn't mind trading down to get another pick or to get a roster player in a package with 6th pick + Curry ... or something like that.

Old
05-20-2008, 09:44 PM
Forever Blue

Terrible.

Package the pick with a bad contract unless someone drops.

Forever Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 10:06 PM
levski87

6th isnt all that bad. I'm sure we can get a decent prospect and develop him. I'm sure Mike will look for an explosive type player who can run his offense, bank on that.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 10:51 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
6th isnt all that bad. I'm sure we can get a decent prospect and develop him. I'm sure Mike will look for an explosive type player who can run his offense, bank on that.
It's bad when your odds slot you at the 5th pick.

And there's a chance that all of Rose, Bayless, and Mayo are all gone by 6. Then what? Danilo?

Old
05-20-2008, 11:11 PM
danno2530

Quote:

And there's a chance that all of Rose, Bayless, and Mayo are all gone by 6. Then what? Danilo?
Patrick Ewing Jr. obviously

I'm in favor of trading this pick. Just remember what happened to the Celtics last year. They were in a similar situation to us in which their fans had all but made up a jersey for Oden or Durant and they wound up with the 5th pick. I think it's safe to say things worked out well for them.

Granted we don't have the pieces to pull off the deals they did, but I don't know..I'm trying to find some bright side in this. Just a depressing overall night in New York sports.

Old
05-20-2008, 11:27 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Patrick Ewing Jr. obviously

I'm in favor of trading this pick. Just remember what happened to the Celtics last year. They were in a similar situation to us in which their fans had all but made up a jersey for Oden or Durant and they wound up with the 5th pick. I think it's safe to say things worked out well for them.

Granted we don't have the pieces to pull off the deals they did, but I don't know..I'm trying to find some bright side in this. Just a depressing overall night in New York sports.
Mets lose twice, Yanks get shellacked and Jeet gets hurt, and Knicks continue to get ****ed. I'd say the bolded is pretty accurate.

Old
05-20-2008, 11:31 PM
danno2530

Quote:
Mets lose twice, Yanks get shellacked and Jeet gets hurt, and Knicks continue to get ****ed. I'd say the bolded is pretty accurate.
Plus to compound things, The Red Sox two young aces each have a no-hitter while the Yankees' have ERAs around 8....and the Celtics are 3 wins from going to the NBA finals.

At least we'll always have Super Bowl XLII

Old
05-21-2008, 02:10 AM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Quote:
aside from the giants this has been a horrible decade for the new york sports teams

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 03:36 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
And the Knicks are STILL gonna suck... thats crazy.

Go uhm... uhm.. Brooklyn Nets??????

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 09:36 PM
levski87

The Knicks aren't in all that bad of a position. Look, we have Fred Jones, Quentin Richardson, Jamal Crawford, and Lee. Then some second role players like Robinson. We have a foundation I believe. Just most of these players were misused by Isiah badly. Zach Randolph is only 26 guys!... COme on, D'antonio will get these guys into shape along with their roles. He's a real coach actually.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 10:25 PM
dank

we needed Derrick Rose badly..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 12:48 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:

This all sounds so familiar...kinda like when we lost the Crosby sweepstakes ....tumbling down to the second half of the draft. I believe we still got a good prospect.

The doom sayers will always think the worst but something positive can come from this just as something negative could have come from winning the lottery.

The truth is winning the lottery was NOT going to fix the Knicks. They have 3-4 years of rebuilding to do.....purge contracts. You don't throw away assets (pick + contract) when you have so few assets to begin with.

Hasn't anyone learned from the Rangers experience? Patience and good management decisions will bring the Knicks back to respectability.

Old
05-22-2008, 01:16 AM
danno2530

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99 View Post
This all sounds so familiar...kinda like when we lost the Crosby sweepstakes ....tumbling down to the second half of the draft. I believe we still got a good prospect.

The doom sayers will always think the worst but something positive can come from this just as something negative could have come from winning the lottery.

The truth is winning the lottery was NOT going to fix the Knicks. They have 3-4 years of rebuilding to do.....purge contracts. You don't throw away assets (pick + contract) when you have so few assets to begin with.

Hasn't anyone learned from the Rangers experience? Patience and good management decisions will bring the Knicks back to respectability.
I agree with what you are saying, but in the NBA sometimes it just takes one player to make a team, look at Lebron in Cleveland. Rose is certainly that type of player, if he panned out the way everyone thinks, he could have definitely turned this team around (as long as the right moves were made around him of course) in no time.

There's still a chance to get a good player at 6, but considering how bad this team was, it has to be a disappointment to finish that low.

Old
05-22-2008, 01:30 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
I agree with what you are saying, but in the NBA sometimes it just takes one player to make a team, look at Lebron in Cleveland. Rose is certainly that type of player, if he panned out the way everyone thinks, he could have definitely turned this team around (as long as the right moves were made around him of course) in no time.

There's still a chance to get a good player at 6, but considering how bad this team was, it has to be a disappointment to finish that low.
You can go into every draft in the past and find players that "are" going to be superstars. Lebron was on a different plane.

As bad as the Knicks are, they are not "one" player away much in the way that Chicago is...they've been rebuilding the correct way for years now.

I think this could actually be a good thing in that we most likely will get a good player but not one that will effect our place in the standings. Meaning next year we'll have a shot probably at a top 3.

When we got Ewing we never got a chance to get another top young player for him to grow with ...

Old
05-22-2008, 01:39 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
The Knicks aren't in all that bad of a position. Look, we have Fred Jones, Quentin Richardson, Jamal Crawford, and Lee. Then some second role players like Robinson. We have a foundation I believe. Just most of these players were misused by Isiah badly. Zach Randolph is only 26 guys!... COme on, D'antonio will get these guys into shape along with their roles. He's a real coach actually.
Don't forget chandler who's a diamond in the rough. He showed alot in the short time Isiah let him play. Look for him to show alot more under a different coach.