HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT Neighbor is an Ex-NHL Player

Old
05-21-2008, 08:16 AM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
You got it!

Pretty down to earth guy.

Here's a related story...
Sometime over the Winter after a pretty bad snowfall I just did enough to drive out to work that morning. I got home later after work and someone had done my driveway (Keep in mind i'm in a Rural area so my driveway is long). I didnt find out until last week it was him. Needless to say we will get him a bottle of wine or something similar as a thank you gift...
I remember him. He was one of those guy who popped in the year after expansion, probably never got a chance before. Is he a Quebecer ? I don't know why, and it doesn't matter but I thought he was from Ontario ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 09:18 AM
LilWinger11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Irish View Post
Dude,

Habs lost the '68 finals to the Leafs!!!!!!!

I can only assume you were referring to the '69 finals???
Leafs + Finals... does not compute.

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 09:10 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I remember him. He was one of those guy who popped in the year after expansion, probably never got a chance before. Is he a Quebecer ? I don't know why, and it doesn't matter but I thought he was from Ontario ?
Keep in mind i only spoke with him for 5 minutes so far but he's already invited me for beer and hot tub outside...i'm sure he has a few interesting stories. From his accent i would guess he's Franco Ontarian

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 08:38 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Keep in mind i only spoke with him for 5 minutes so far but he's already invited me for beer and hot tub outside...i'm sure he has a few interesting stories. From his accent i would guess he's Franco Ontarian
So, you just meet th eguy and you're going to be nearly naked and there's going to be alcohol. I think that this is a story that bears watching.

I looked it up yesterday after reading your post. He was what I remembered I guess, one of many talented players who needed expansion to get his shot in the NHL. He is Franco Ontarian. Not that it matters, but it seemed that 90% of local players would have passed thru the CH's system in those days, and I followed the JR. CH, but had never heard of him.

Funny, I used to go to Jr. games in 1968, when Gilbert Perreault centred Houle. I didn't know anything about a draft. I assumed that all these guys were playing Jr. until they graduated to the NHL team that sponsored their Jr. team.

Good thing Pollock was there rather than a 13 year old yours truly.

Old
05-22-2008, 06:39 PM
HabsoluteFate

Well my GF would be in the hut tub and I would assume he has a wife...honestly i'll take my chances...he might have a few interesting stories about Scotty Bowman (their coach at the time...i think anyways)

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 06:44 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Irish View Post
Dude,

Habs lost the '68 finals to the Leafs!!!!!!!

I can only assume you were referring to the '69 finals???
Oh my Gawd!

That post is equivalent to going out on the ice with your skateguards on.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 07:09 PM
snap-bar

Quote:
Well my GF would be in the hut tub and I would assume he has a wife...honestly i'll take my chances...he might have a few interesting stories about Scotty Bowman (their coach at the time...i think anyways)
wife swap ftw!

snap-bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 09:59 AM
mcphee

Quote:
I'd bet a sizable ammount of cash that if he was going to tell his best stories from that year, Doug Harvey would be involved. Just a hunch.