HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

[OT] UEFA Champions league final - Manchester United vs Chelsea

Old
05-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Shabutie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
definatley got fouled on this one..

2 years ago, bravo. Why don't you bring up the Ribeiro incident while we're at it.

Edit: name me any player in the world and I can find a video of him diving just as bad as that one. This is soccer we're talking about.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 09:33 PM
Brandinho

Send a message via AIM to Brandinho Send a message via Skype™ to Brandinho
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
Think I've got a shot with Higgy?

Honestly, though, C. Ronaldo could be a well-loved player by everyone given his potential greatness but his attitude is ridiculous.
It's like if you took Sidney Crosby's talent and then combined that with the attitude of Avery, Upshall, Downie, Pronger, and Jokinen (and the IQ of Derian Hatcher) and added Komisarek's looks.
I think that Ronaldo's a bit more concerned with being the best player in the world than being well-loved by everyone. In fact, I doubt he cares at all.

Brandinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 09:34 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
2 years ago, bravo. Why don't you bring up the Ribeiro incident while we're at it.

Edit: name me any player in the world and I can find a video of him diving just as bad as that one. This is soccer we're talking about.
you said, ronaldo always gets fouled when he goes down.
now that i show you one where he's in the air looking at the ref already and your searching for excuses.

i understand your Portugese and you will protect your players, its the same for me with the habs but stop denying that he dives all the time and its pathetic.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 09:34 PM
Brandinho

Quote:
Ronaldo embelishes, but everytime he goes to the ground he is getting fouled. He's not diving without getting touched.
Oh please, take off the Portugese glasses. I love Ronaldo but he's definitely one of the more blatant divers in the world.

Old
05-21-2008, 09:38 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
definatley got fouled on this one..

Oh yeah this one was ridiculous.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 09:39 PM
anarmandaleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyug View Post
I think that Ronaldo's a bit more concerned with being the best player in the world than being well-loved by everyone. In fact, I doubt he cares at all.
I wouldn't, either. But someone asked why people don't like this guy.
I met him at Heathrow a little over a year ago and he was a real jerk to everyone around, fans, this chick he was traveling with, probably staff etc.
I'm not saying he's not the best player of the younger set these days. I'm just saying I don't like the guy.

EDIT: He is ridiculously attractive, by the way.

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 09:41 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
now that i show you one where he's in the air looking at the ref already and your searching for excuses.

i understand your Portugese and you will protect your players, its the same for me with the habs but stop denying that he dives all the time and its pathetic.
I didn't say he doesn't dive. But to say he dives all the time is wrong. He is the most fouled player in the world...as you'd expect him to be. As I said, he embelishes alot, but he's much less of a diver than he once was (as that video shows).

Old
05-21-2008, 09:42 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
I didn't say he doesn't dive. But to say he dives all the time is wrong. He is the most fouled player in the world...as you'd expect him to be. As I said, he embelishes alot, but he's much less of a diver than he once was (as that video shows).

dives less or not he still dives more then everyone else.
He's got talent, it's only normal he is guarded and fouled more often. that doesnt mean he should go to ground so often and so pathetically.

Old
05-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Brandinho

Quote:
I wouldn't, either. But someone asked why people don't like this guy.
I met him at Heathrow a little over a year ago and he was a real jerk to everyone around, fans, this chick he was traveling with, probably staff etc.
I'm not saying he's not the best player of the younger set these days. I'm just saying I don't like the guy.

EDIT: He is ridiculously attractive, by the way.
Oh yeah, what kinds of stuff did he say? Not doubting you, just curious.

Old
05-21-2008, 09:47 PM
Kachino

Quote:

Dude, the guy is a diver... like 100% of the football players in the world... Why do you say he's the biggest one? Maybe he's the one you see the most? Maybe he's overhyped by the media? Maybe because he's present in every single highlight about Manchester United on sport shows? Maybe because everybody is talking about him? Maybe because you don't like him? Maybe because....

Funny how when the guy who posted the Fabio Grosso dive vs Australia in the Euro 2008 thread, every Italian fans only talk about the controversial red card to Materazzi and not about the dive who ultimately led to the game winning goal. You have a red card vs a penalty. It's the same thing with Crosby. Because he dives, everybody forgets about what great things he's doing on the ice. Come on! You don't like the player... fine... I get it but please look at the team you're following before looking at others.

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 09:48 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
that made me really laugh,beside Portuguese and Man U fans,does anyone like this ugly kid?
Jealousy is a b**** ain't it?

ATG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Think I've got a shot with Higgy?

Honestly, though, C. Ronaldo could be a well-loved player by everyone given his potential greatness but his attitude is ridiculous.
It's like if you took Sidney Crosby's talent and then combined that with the attitude of Avery, Upshall, Downie, Pronger, and Jokinen (and the IQ of Derian Hatcher) and added Komisarek's looks.
Komisarek's looks? I mean this in the least gay way possible, but Komi isn't that good looking. I'm not a woman or anything but Komi seems like a goofy teddy bear to me

As for the IQ of Derian Hatcher...That's an insult to Hatcher. Ronaldo grew up in a very poor village in portugal, school wasn't good and if I remember correctly, he didn't make it very far. Quaresma is borderline retarded (or so I've heard) and Ronaldo ain't too far off. The mainlands in Portugal and the bigger azorean islands have a good education system (colleges and such) but the smaller ones offer very little. We're fortunate to have good schools here in america.

Old
05-21-2008, 09:52 PM
ATG

Quote:
Exactly, much like Patrick Roy and his Stanley Cups, Ronaldo has two PFA player of the year awards clogging his ears from the jeers.

Old
05-21-2008, 09:53 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachino82 View Post
Dude, the guy is a diver... like 100% of the football players in the world... Why do you say he's the biggest one? Maybe he's the one you see the most? Maybe he's overhyped by the media? Maybe because he's present in every single highlight about Manchester United on sport shows? Maybe because everybody is talking about him? Maybe because you don't like him? Maybe because....

Funny how when the guy who posted the Fabio Grosso dive vs Australia in the Euro 2008 thread, every Italian fans only talk about the controversial red card to Materazzi and not about the dive who ultimately led to the game winning goal. You have a red card vs a penalty. It's the same thing with Crosby. Because he dives, everybody forgets about what great things he's doing on the ice. Come on! You don't like the player... fine... I get it but please look at the team you're following before looking at others.

Old
05-21-2008, 09:53 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
dives less or not he still dives more then everyone else.
He's got talent, it's only normal he is guarded and fouled more often. that doesnt mean he should go to ground so often and so pathetically.
I'm sure you used to say the same of Ronaldinho? I get the feeling that Ronaldo's hate extends to much more than just his diving... Jealousy being the main reason to hate I'd say. I mean he's good looking, gets payed more in 1 hour than most get paid in a year, he's young and he's the best player in the world.

Old
05-21-2008, 09:54 PM
ATG

Quote:
Komisarek's looks? I mean this in the least gay way possible, but Komi isn't that good looking. I'm not a woman or anything but Komi seems like a goofy teddy bear to me

As for the IQ of Derian Hatcher...That's an insult to Hatcher. Ronaldo grew up in a very poor village in portugal, school wasn't good and if I remember correctly, he didn't make it very far. Quaresma is borderline retarded (or so I've heard) and Ronaldo ain't too far off. The mainlands in Portugal and the bigger azorean islands have a good education system (colleges and such) but the smaller ones offer very little. We're fortunate to have good schools here in america.
Quaresma is quite a good public speaker, he gets a bad rep because he's a "cigano" which is a gypsy in Portuguese. He's a freakin magician with the ball though.....

Old
05-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Kachino

Quote:
Yeah, the referee was allowed to see all that in super slow-motion.... and Grosso obviously didn't see the chance to fall down on the pitch...

Old
05-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
I'm sure you used to say the same of Ronaldinho? I get the feeling that Ronaldo's hate extends to much more than just his diving... Jealousy being the main reason to hate I'd say. I mean he's good looking, gets payed more in 1 hour than most get paid in a year, he's young and he's the best player in the world.
Has nothing to do with jealousy.
I have every right to not like a player.
I respect his talent and everything esle about him.

I just dont like him because of his constant diving and complaining to the refs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachino82 View Post
Yeah, the referee was allowed to see all that in super slow-motion....
he's not allowed to make the CORRECT call on the field?

dont be jealous that Italy won the cup and not Portugal.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 05-22-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old
05-21-2008, 09:59 PM
Brandinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG View Post
Quaresma is quite a good public speaker, he gets a bad rep because he's a "cigano" which is a gypsy in Portuguese. He's a freakin magician with the ball though.....
BEAT THE GYPSY! BEAT THE GYPSY!

Speaking of public...erm...speaking...I present Manu Adebayor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA-DuGGCf68

Old
05-21-2008, 10:01 PM
anarmandaleb

Quote:
Oh yeah, what kinds of stuff did he say? Not doubting you, just curious.
The kids he just ignored. Older fans he asked to leave him alone. In those words. The girl he seemed to be fighting with. Then they sat down at one of the restaurants and a mini-crowd kinda formed around him. He was okay at first, sort of smiling uncomfortably and nodding (not saying much) and even my sister I said hi as well but after a bit he seemed to get really annoyed all of a sudden and he just got up and dragged his "friend" off, probably to the first class lounges or something.
I just didn't like that he was ignoring kids.

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 10:01 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Here we go again...

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 10:02 PM
Tricolore#20

Quote:
BEAT THE GYPSY! BEAT THE GYPSY!

Speaking of public...erm...speaking...I present Manu Adebayor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA-DuGGCf68
That's borderline racism IMO. English isn't his first language obviously, yet people are making fun of him because of that. Seems shameful!

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 10:03 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Here we go again...
no

im done in here

Its a dumb debate. Its homerism against me.

Old
05-21-2008, 10:05 PM
Tricolore#20

Quote:
The kids he just ignored. Older fans he asked to leave him alone. In those words. The girl he seemed to be fighting with. Then they sat down at one of the restaurants and a mini-crowd kinda formed around him. He was okay at first, sort of smiling uncomfortably and nodding (not saying much) and even my sister I said hi as well but after a bit he seemed to get really annoyed all of a sudden and he just got up and dragged his "friend" off, probably to the first class lounges or something.
I just didn't like that he was ignoring kids.
To be honest, I can understand why he would act that way. Every day of his life, he has to deal with attention. More than any of us can imagine. I had the chance to meet David Beckham last week. You can't imagine what kind of circus life he leads. Everywhere he goes, hoards of people want to talk to him, get his opinion, have their picture taken with him, have his autograph, etc... For a young player like Ronaldo, it must be tough to deal with, regardless of how much money he makes.

The media scrutiny on a professional footballer in Europe is so much more intense. People are more fanatical that it often gets scary. I can't blame these guys for putting on a staunch "no" face, because otherwise they would get eaten alive.

I bet you could find equally good stories about Ronaldo, and equally bad stories about guys we revere, like Koivu or Gretzky.

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Kachino

Quote:
he's not allowed to make the CORRECT call on the field?

dont be jealous that Italy won the cup and not Portugal.
Dude, it's not a question about being jealous or not... It's a question about hating something like crazy without being able to give credit when credit is due... You can hate everything in the world by looking at the negative things. Crazy examples: I hate Crosby because he dives and whines all the time but I don't mention anything about his awesome playmaking skills, his great hustle and love for the game. I hate Price because he didn't performed well during the 2nd round of playoffs, was mentally drained but I don't mention that he's only 20 and has a super bright future in front of him and can learn from the 2nd round playoff experience. I hate this because of that ... but the good thing is not always mentioned... (hum, I guess I went a bit off-topic with my examples...)

Honestly, I'm looking forward to all the heated discussion that the Euro 08 will bring on these boards... I guess tonight was the start of it...