HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers jersey at the Mausoleum

Old
05-20-2008, 11:14 PM
Captain Monglobster

vCash: 500
Rangers jersey at the Mausoleum

No way does this deserve it's own thread any other time of year (or this one arguably), but hey - at least it's not about something Jagr purportedly said over breakfast with his father concerning his retirement plans.

I attended my graduation from Nassau Community College tonight at Nassau Coliseum (Technically I graduated last spring, but had applied for a second degree that went through for the Fall '07 semester), and one of the perks of the evening was having your name announced as you step in the arena while you are projected on the Jumbotron.

Of course I had to take advantage of this opportunity to get a Rangers jersey on the Coliseum's screens. So after they called my name I unzipped my robe and walked past the camera - "RANGERS".

If anyone cares to know, it appeared that there were more people in the stands for the graduation than most Islanders games. Not necessarily a shot at the Islanders, just telling it like I saw it.

Captain Monglobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 11:23 PM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Monglobster View Post
No way does this deserve it's own thread any other time of year (or this one arguably), but hey - at least it's not about something Jagr purportedly said over breakfast with his father concerning his retirement plans.

I attended my graduation from Nassau Community College tonight at Nassau Coliseum (Technically I graduated last spring, but had applied for a second degree that went through for the Fall '07 semester), and one of the perks of the evening was having your name announced as you step in the arena while you are projected on the Jumbotron.

Of course I had to take advantage of this opportunity to get a Rangers jersey on the Coliseum's screens. So after they called my name I unzipped my robe and walked past the camera - "RANGERS".

If anyone cares to know, it appeared that there were more people in the stands for the graduation than most Islanders games. Not necessarily a shot at the Islanders, just telling it like I saw it.

LOL awesome!

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 06:03 AM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

Years ago, I went to a Candlebox/ Rush Concert at the Mausoleum. The lead singer from candlebox came on stage wearing a Rangers jersey...the place just went nuts. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was during the 94 playoffs...it was awesome!

Frozen North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 07:11 AM
cjdv16

Quote:

You are just too cool for school.

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 08:26 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16 View Post
lol, haven't heard that phrase in a while.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 08:32 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger View Post
Years ago, I went to a Candlebox/ Rush Concert at the Mausoleum. The lead singer from candlebox came on stage wearing a Rangers jersey...the place just went nuts. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was during the 94 playoffs...it was awesome!

Awesome concert BTW!

Dave Matthews has also taken the stage with a Rangers jersey too. I think it was actually lettered as well. Graves maybe?

I saw Pearl Jam at the Garden once. Of course I had to bring my Leetch jersey. I was front row for the concert with it. It was the same night that Mark Maguire broke the home run record. Eddie Vedder actually stopped the show when Maguire hit the home run. He stopped everyone from playing, picked up the mic stand, and swung it like a bat...and then held his hand over his eyes as if he was wathing the ball go over the fence. He didn't say anything...but everyone knew what had happened!

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 06:21 PM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Haha, good stuff!

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Captain Monglobster

Quote:
Thats why I had to graduate.

Captain Monglobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Smashley

ha, excellent. I would have done the same.

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 09:44 PM
rickyrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
lol, haven't heard that phrase in a while.
Since about 1983, maybe?

rickyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 10:03 PM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

vCash: 50
Quote:

Hahaha owned.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Heat McManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Awesome concert BTW!

Dave Matthews has also taken the stage with a Rangers jersey too. I think it was actually lettered as well. Graves maybe?
I was a reaaaaaaaallll big DMB fan and I never remember Dave Matthews wearing any kind of sports jersey on stage. Carter Beauford, the drummer wore them a lot though around 94-98. He was wearing a Rangers jersey in their Ants Marching video. He said it had nothing to do with the sport, but he liked hockey jerseys because they were breathable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger View Post

Nice. Next time you tell that story you might want to just say "I went to a Rush concert" hehe.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 11:07 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Hahaha nice story.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 08:30 AM
drewcon40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Awesome concert BTW!

I saw Pearl Jam at the Garden once. Of course I had to bring my Leetch jersey. I was front row for the concert with it. It was the same night that Mark Maguire broke the home run record. Eddie Vedder actually stopped the show when Maguire hit the home run. He stopped everyone from playing, picked up the mic stand, and swung it like a bat...and then held his hand over his eyes as if he was wathing the ball go over the fence. He didn't say anything...but everyone knew what had happened!
Lion - I was at that show!!! That was great but wasn't it at the Meadowlands? I remember him doing the same exact thing except I was polar opposite, I was in the top, top row.

drewcon40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Blueshirt Brawler

Great story. Scott Ian of Anthrax has also been known to wear a Rangers jersey on stage.

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 12:04 PM
cjdv16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25Prucha View Post
Hahaha owned.
right. owned.

i thought once about posting a story about the time i was drunk and pissed on MSG as i didn't feel like trecking into penn station. but then i figured it was way too common.

now who's owned?

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 12:09 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
right. owned.

i thought once about posting a story about the time i was drunk and pissed on MSG as i didn't feel like trecking into penn station. but then i figured it was way too common.

now who's owned?
Well, your stadium's own sewage pipes burst and sent sewage into the stadium. So your own stadium pisses and ***** on itself.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 12:10 PM
Smashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Well, your stadium's own sewage pipes burst and sent sewage into the stadium. So your own stadium pisses and ***** on itself.
Oooo geriatric...

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 12:23 PM
beach
Things are looking

Send a message via ICQ to beach
Quote:

Wow, that's incredible! One time, I went to a Springsteen concert at the Garden and, tee-hee, wore my Islanders jersey; and I didn't even try and hide it under my sweatshirt. And I, too, noticed that I was being shown on the video board. Even better, I stuck an Islanders logo sticker under the seat support in Section 211, D-4, and the last time I checked, it was still there!!

beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 12:31 PM
MrAlfie

ha.. pouting fishsticks... awwww

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 12:49 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Haha! That reminds me of the "Santa Claus" incident.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 01:06 PM
Fletch

I think I'm getting too old...

for these threads...

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 03:31 PM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
for these threads...
Then why click and reply to them...?

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 03:44 PM
Fletch

Something wrong with...

stating my opinion? Maybe I should elaborate - I'm not as big on the rivalry as I used to and don't take satisfaction in saying things like nobody attends your games you suck as I may've when I was younger. Hope that's a bit more clear.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 03:45 PM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
stating my opinion? Maybe I should elaborate - I'm not as big on the rivalry as I used to and don't take satisfaction in saying things like nobody attends your games you suck as I may've when I was younger. Hope that's a bit more clear.
Much clearer. Thank you.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote