HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

[OT] UEFA Champions league final - Manchester United vs Chelsea

Old
05-21-2008, 10:06 PM
anarmandaleb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Komisarek's looks? I mean this in the least gay way possible, but Komi isn't that good looking. I'm not a woman or anything but Komi seems like a goofy teddy bear to me

As for the IQ of Derian Hatcher...That's an insult to Hatcher. Ronaldo grew up in a very poor village in portugal, school wasn't good and if I remember correctly, he didn't make it very far. Quaresma is borderline retarded (or so I've heard) and Ronaldo ain't too far off. The mainlands in Portugal and the bigger azorean islands have a good education system (colleges and such) but the smaller ones offer very little. We're fortunate to have good schools here in america.

Komisarek is pretty hot. Ask any girl or gay man. C. Ronaldo is pretty hot. Ask any girl or gay man.

As for Hatcher... I just threw that bit in to be mean to two players I dislike.

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 10:07 PM
Brandinho

Send a message via AIM to Brandinho Send a message via Skype™ to Brandinho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
That's borderline racism IMO. English isn't his first language obviously, yet people are making fun of him because of that. Seems shameful!
Oh please, if it was a white Frenchman, you wouldn't say that. There's nothing racist about it, it's no different than the Bollywood videos with English subs that everyone finds so funny.

Brandinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 10:07 PM
Tricolore#20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachino82 View Post
Honestly, I'm looking forward to all the heated discussion that the Euro 08 will bring on these boards... I guess tonight was the start of it...
Trust me, it does get heated. I'm a mod on the soccer forum, and during that Portugal/Holland game 2 years ago, we had a lot of cleanup. Incredible really.

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 10:09 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Dude, it's not a question about being jealous or not... It's a question about hating something like crazy without being able to give credit when credit is due... You can hate everything in the world by looking at the negative things. Crazy examples: I hate Crosby because he dives and whines all the time but I don't mention anything about his awesome playmaking skills, his great hustle and love for the game. I hate Price because he didn't performed well during the 2nd round of playoffs, was mentally drained but I don't mention that he's only 20 and has a super bright future in front of him and can learn from the 2nd round playoff experience. I hate this because of that ... but the good thing is not always mentioned... (hum, I guess I went a bit off-topic with my examples...)

Honestly, I'm looking forward to all the heated discussion that the Euro 08 will bring on these boards... I guess tonight was the start of it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
Has nothing to do with jealousy.
I have every right to not like a player.
I respect his talent and everything esle about him.

I just dont like him because of his constant diving and complaining to the refs.

read bold

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Brandinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
The kids he just ignored. Older fans he asked to leave him alone. In those words. The girl he seemed to be fighting with. Then they sat down at one of the restaurants and a mini-crowd kinda formed around him. He was okay at first, sort of smiling uncomfortably and nodding (not saying much) and even my sister I said hi as well but after a bit he seemed to get really annoyed all of a sudden and he just got up and dragged his "friend" off, probably to the first class lounges or something.
I just didn't like that he was ignoring kids.
Eh, obviously I wasn't there but it doesn't seem like he did anything too atrocious. I mean, it's kind of absurd for a crowd to gather around the guy when he's trying to eat.

Old
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
I remember when I was reading HF 2 years ago, the World Cup thread was ugly

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 10:10 PM
Kachino

Quote:
Trust me, it does get heated. I'm a mod on the soccer forum, and during that Portugal/Holland game 2 years ago, we had a lot of cleanup. Incredible really.
I guess I didn't have to experience that since that I saw the game in Lisbon back in 2006...

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 10:11 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

Quote:
The kids he just ignored. Older fans he asked to leave him alone. In those words. The girl he seemed to be fighting with. Then they sat down at one of the restaurants and a mini-crowd kinda formed around him. He was okay at first, sort of smiling uncomfortably and nodding (not saying much) and even my sister I said hi as well but after a bit he seemed to get really annoyed all of a sudden and he just got up and dragged his "friend" off, probably to the first class lounges or something.
I just didn't like that he was ignoring kids.
could it have to do with the fact that he was raised in a hell hole with zero education?

my guess is his parents let him raise himself due to how good he was a soccer.

it's just a matter of him never learning manners.

kinda sad, really.

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 10:13 PM
Kachino

Quote:
read bold
Ah man, respect him so much that he's the biggest diver ever ....
Whatever Jaydee96... Agree to disagree?

Old
05-21-2008, 10:14 PM
Brandinho

Quote:
Komisarek is pretty hot. Ask any girl or gay man. C. Ronaldo is pretty hot. Ask any girl or gay man.

As for Hatcher... I just threw that bit in to be mean to two players I dislike.
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/9219/416ayr0.jpg

Looks like a big, dumb kid to me but hey, to each their own.

Old
05-21-2008, 10:16 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyug View Post

Komi!

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Kachino

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
I remember when I was reading HF 2 years ago, the World Cup thread was ugly
I guess that what extreme passion will do to people... wait can I say
"extreme" passion since passion is already extreme? Anarmandaleb... Can you correct me?

Old
05-21-2008, 10:22 PM
anarmandaleb

Quote:
Eh, obviously I wasn't there but it doesn't seem like he did anything too atrocious. I mean, it's kind of absurd for a crowd to gather around the guy when he's trying to eat.
They didn't even eat. They sat down and were mini-mobbed. That part I understand, but when you're walking up to the place and fans are saying hi and you're like "leave me alone," it's kinda rude. And ignoring kids who look up to you... that was seriously what annoyed me.

In any case, at the time we didn't think it was too bad to say hi (why not, everyone else was doing it) but since then I've realised it's probably best to leave these guys alone. I've seen the Habs around town and left them alone. It's one thing when you're making a promotional appearance, it's a whole other when you're trying to get the Sunday paper and a coffee.

Old
05-21-2008, 10:26 PM
anarmandaleb

Quote:

You know what, he does look quite goofy in that picture
I think he's under the spell of the hotness of Elisha or perhaps the hideousness of that coat she's wearing.

Old
05-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Georgia Dawg

I just finished watching the game. I had to tape it. good game. both teams missed chances. Why the hate for Ronaldo? Is it b/c he is the best player on the field. Always hate the dominant player. Good fought game. I hate penalty kicks. both teams deserved it.

Georgia Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Brandinho

Quote:
They didn't even eat. They sat down and were mini-mobbed. That part I understand, but when you're walking up to the place and fans are saying hi and you're like "leave me alone," it's kinda rude. And ignoring kids who look up to you... that was seriously what annoyed me.

In any case, at the time we didn't think it was too bad to say hi (why not, everyone else was doing it) but since then I've realised it's probably best to leave these guys alone. I've seen the Habs around town and left them alone. It's one thing when you're making a promotional appearance, it's a whole other when you're trying to get the Sunday paper and a coffee.
Yeah I understand what you're saying. You seem like you're being quite fair to him, I just can't stand when you see people think that athletes owe them acknowledge if they are spotted around town, particularly when the fans usually give no consideration towards the athletes' privacy. There's nothing wrong with saying hi, shaking hands or even asking for an autograph in the proper situation but airports can be stressful places as they are, without mobs of people. You have a point about ignoring the kids though, that's lame.

Old
05-21-2008, 10:34 PM
Brandinho

Quote:
You know what, he does look quite goofy in that picture
I think he's under the spell of the hotness of Elisha or perhaps the hideousness of that coat she's wearing.
You'd think with the way that girl gets around, he wouldn't be so stunned to meet her.

Old
05-21-2008, 11:07 PM
Travis Moen

It was a great game.
My heartrate is still very high 7 hours after the penalty kicks

Both team deserved and could have won the game but I think in the end, United deserved it more because they had a better/tougher campaign. Beating Lyon/Roma/Barcelona is a lot harder than going through Olympiakos/Fenerbahce/Liverpool.

United are the best team in Europe this year and Ronaldo has been the best player. Even if he doesnt play one game in the euros, I don't see how he can not win the golden ball.

He was the english league top scorer and european goldenboot and finished top scorer in the champion's league. He was awarded the man of the match in the champion's league final. He scored 42 goals in 49 games this season If that is not enough to win the golden ball, then I think no player deserves it...

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 11:26 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
could it have to do with the fact that he was raised in a hell hole with zero education?

my guess is his parents let him raise himself due to how good he was a soccer.

it's just a matter of him never learning manners.

kinda sad, really.
Ya, i sure would like to see you get harassed day in and day out everywhere you go.
Want to buy a pack of smokes or a bottle of water at the dep?..guess what, people will stop and talk to you.
Want to go rent a movie?..buy clothes?..go out for drinks?..fill up gaz??..walk your dog??..go ANYWHERE PUBLIC??..guess what, you'll get stopped for autographs, pictures, wtv..

Now imagine this happens, when you are having a really crappy day..Would you always put a FAKE smile on and engage in a little conversation with every fan?..

Please man, get real. Its so easy to say this and that about celebrities, but until you actually go through it, you should shut up. Especially, if you're posting about their attitudes on an internet forum behind a computer.

Education has nothing to do with it. I come from a great family, with great values, private elementary school, private highschool, private college and university, yet you can be sure id get ticked off if i couldn't go on a date or just eat a snack somewhere without getting harassed EVERY TIME!

Dont be foolish.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 12:13 AM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
It was a great game.. after those two miraculous saves by Cech in the first half and the following domination by Chelsea, I thought they'd take it. Drogba's post, then Lampard's.. Terry saves the game with the header save on Giggs only to screw up in penalty kicks. I was cheering for Man U but damn I felt/feel bad for Jon Terry.

Vicious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 12:28 AM
le_sean

I feel bad for John Terry, it was only 1-1 because of him. Unfortunate that he slipped. Some blame on Anelka though. Paid to score goals and he can't even score from like 5 feet out. I was confused why they didn't put Andriy Shevchenko in instead of Anelka. He's the big time player.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 12:35 AM
Kriss E

I was surprised Park wasn't on for MU, also was surprised they took out Rooney before shootouts.

I know the rules, you clearly can't raise your arm on any player. But with about 5min left in the last OT, i was surprised Drogba got a red card. I mean, not like it was an open hand smack right on the cheek. Like 3fingers glazed the face, i felt it was harsh a bit. Especially when Tevez started the whole thing and every body got into it.
I know the rules, but i thought it was weak.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 12:36 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I only watched from the 75th minute on but it was a great game, and I don't even like football. I thought Chelsea deserved to win (based on what I saw) and was disappointed at Terry's near miss..

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 12:40 AM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I was surprised Park wasn't on for MU, also was surprised they took out Rooney before shootouts.

I know the rules, you clearly can't raise your arm on any player. But with about 5min left in the last OT, i was surprised Drogba got a red card. I mean, not like it was an open hand smack right on the cheek. Like 3fingers glazed the face, i felt it was harsh a bit. Especially when Tevez started the whole thing and every body got into it.
I know the rules, but i thought it was weak.
Rooney was invisible all game.. essentially the only times I noticed Rooney was when he was playing defense. Not subbing in Shevshenko was weird though.. I didn't know if he was injured or what but doesn't make sense to not atleast send in a guy of that caliber.

Vicious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 03:28 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by regularjohn View Post
i feel for terry, but why was he taking the penalty in the first place?
I suspect it would be because he is the leader of that team. He seems like the type of player to hold himself accountable and he will do anything he can to help his team (like playing after dislocating his elbow). He scored a penalty for England once too. If the Chelsea players were told they had to walk through a burning building to win the Champions League, John Terry strikes me as the person who would lead the way. Taking a penalty isn't going to scare him IMO. Very unlucky for for it to end like that for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
that made me really laugh,beside Portuguese and Man U fans,does anyone like this ugly kid?
There was an article over here recently about how much his mum loves him. But she saw it, contacted her lawyers and the paper printed a retraction later in the week

Quote:
definatley got fouled on this one..

Wow, fantastic. I would have actually respected him if he'd thrown himself into the air, turned to face the ref, waved to him in mid air, landed and then got on with the game. Just imagine in that slow-mo replay where he is almost facing the camera, that he waves. How great would that have been? Ah well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Edit: name me any player in the world and I can find a video of him diving just as bad as that one. This is soccer we're talking about.
Lee Carsley. Find me a video of Lee Carsley diving like that. There might be footage of such a thing, but I have yet to see it if there is.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote