HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Knickerbocker talk

Old
05-22-2008, 01:51 AM
MidnightRanger

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
The Knicks need to tank the next two seasons and purge as many bad contracts as they can to get under the cap and throw all the freaking money in new york city to Lebron when he becomes a free agent while stockpiling stop 6 picks in the next two years.

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 08:48 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoritystorm View Post
The Knicks need to tank the next two seasons and purge as many bad contracts as they can to get under the cap and throw all the freaking money in new york city to Lebron when he becomes a free agent while stockpiling stop 6 picks in the next two years.

The Knicks don't have a #1 in 2010. Went to Phoenix as part of the Marbury trade, then shipped to Utah. I'm not sure if it's lottery protected but knowing the Knicks of recent past, it probably isn't.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 12:27 PM
TheGreatone94

The Knicks need to get rid of one of either Curry or Randolph. That frontcourt is too slow for any D'antoni system. I would rather ship out Curry, who has underachieved his entire career, but the odds that someone takes him are slim after the past couple of seasons that he has had. If Mayo and Bayless aren't available at six, try and trade the pick for Michael Redd. The guy is reportedly on the block and would fit into D'antonis system great. The Celtics traded the fifth pick last year for Ray Allen, so if we package the 6th + whoever for Redd we would be moving in the right direction. Get rid of Q Rich. He can't shoot anymore and he's too slow on defense to play the three. Bring in a defensive minded guy like Ron Artest to play the SF. Personally, I think the PG position is fine. Marbury wlil bounce back and Nate is a good back up. I wouldn't mind if they brought in Telfair too though.

TheGreatone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 01:07 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatone94 View Post
The Knicks need to get rid of one of either Curry or Randolph. That frontcourt is too slow for any D'antoni system. I would rather ship out Curry, who has underachieved his entire career, but the odds that someone takes him are slim after the past couple of seasons that he has had. If Mayo and Bayless aren't available at six, try and trade the pick for Michael Redd. The guy is reportedly on the block and would fit into D'antonis system great. The Celtics traded the fifth pick last year for Ray Allen, so if we package the 6th + whoever for Redd we would be moving in the right direction. Get rid of Q Rich. He can't shoot anymore and he's too slow on defense to play the three. Bring in a defensive minded guy like Ron Artest to play the SF. Personally, I think the PG position is fine. Marbury wlil bounce back and Nate is a good back up. I wouldn't mind if they brought in Telfair too though.
that whole plan seems very much like the knicks during the isaiah years.

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 01:14 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
I love the irony that the Knicks actually FELL a draft slot. A classic example of just what a miserable state this franchise is in.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 01:20 PM
TheGreatone94

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
that whole plan seems very much like the knicks during the isaiah years.
Do you honestly feel you can get a better player at number 6 than Michael Redd? Redd is a bonafide top ten SG in the league. We haven't had a player like that since Allan Houston, and I'm not even sure Houston was that good. Michael Redd isn't like the other acquisitions that Isiah made because it actually makes sense. Bringing in Randolph when you already have Curry was a stupid move, considering the similar styles of play. I don't know about the rest of you, but I wanna see the Knicks in the playoffs next year. I've had enough of being the laughingstock of the league.

TheGreatone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 01:30 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Do you honestly feel you can get a better player at number 6 than Michael Redd? Redd is a bonafide top ten SG in the league. We haven't had a player like that since Allan Houston, and I'm not even sure Houston was that good. Michael Redd isn't like the other acquisitions that Isiah made because it actually makes sense. Bringing in Randolph when you already have Curry was a stupid move, considering the similar styles of play. I don't know about the rest of you, but I wanna see the Knicks in the playoffs next year. I've had enough of being the laughingstock of the league.
I admittedly do not follow the league, don't care for the game or follow the Knicks, but the top priority should be getting under the cap.

05-22-2008, 01:33 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I admittedly do not follow the league, don't care for the game or follow the Knicks

Neither did Isiah Thomas. (symbol noise)

Last edited by TomLaidlaw: 05-22-2008 at 01:39 PM.
TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 01:34 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
Needed did Isiah Thomas. (symbol noise)
Good night, you've been great. Tip your waitress.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 01:36 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Good night, you've been great. Tip your waitress.
The 10 o'clock show is different then the 8 o'clock. Try the veal.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 01:38 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Yeah right, let's trade our only marketable assets to get a 28 year old guy whose presence on his existing team only got them to 3 wins more than we racked up without him this past year.

Dude, this is COMPLETELY an Isiah move. Need to get NEW, YOUNG guys in and remake the roster over the next couple of years. And as a result we are going to lose for a couple of years. We WILL NOT compete next year. Deal with it.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 06:15 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
To compare the state that we are in to the Celtics last year is ludicrous. The Celtics actually had acquired young assets over the years of losing.

BTW, this is an Isiah move. This whole team needs to be gutted, save a few (1 or 2). Building upon this team is useless.

Bring in new players, young players and PLAY them.

Old
05-22-2008, 06:19 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Yeah right, let's trade our only marketable assets to get a 28 year old guy whose presence on his existing team only got them to 3 wins more than we racked up without him this past year.

Dude, this is COMPLETELY an Isiah move. Need to get NEW, YOUNG guys in and remake the roster over the next couple of years. And as a result we are going to lose for a couple of years. We WILL NOT compete next year. Deal with it.

Old
05-22-2008, 09:11 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
Quote:
Horrible idea with Michael Redd. Does he have a contract that expires this season? Otherwise more of the same ********. They need to clear the cap so they can go after real impact players.

They also really need to tank and replenish their roster with homegrown players that aren't tainted like the entire roster is right now.

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 09:54 PM
TheHotRock

redd is a dynamite shooter, but not very athletic. they need to dump z-bo and curry..quick and hopefully draft OJ mayo and go small....at least play entertaining ball.

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 07:18 AM
The Thomas J.*

I don't follow the Knicks but I did hear somthing quite disturbing yesterday, Apparently this Italian kid they are very high on & looking to draft was scouted by none other than Isiah Thomas
Are you freaking kidding me!?

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 08:18 AM
TheHotRock

zeke is very good at evaluating talent..his draft history is pretty good...that's about all he's good for. if oj mayo is off the board at 6, this italian kid is perfect for small ball.

Old
05-23-2008, 10:39 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
I don't follow the Knicks but I did hear somthing quite disturbing yesterday, Apparently this Italian kid they are very high on & looking to draft was scouted by none other than Isiah Thomas
Are you freaking kidding me!?
I don't think Thomas is the only one that will be scouting the players ranked in the top 10. Knicks scouting Dept. have been watching these guys all year. They cross check each other.

It is true that Thomas is a good talent evaluator. He just fell into the "quick fix" plan of GMing and "play the veterans" early and often as a coach. Lee should have been starting and Chandler showed some great things when he was playing at the end of the year. We had a little winning steak there when the young guys were playing.

Thomas just built a team of individuals.

Old
05-23-2008, 10:42 AM
TheHotRock

guys like nate, lee, chandler, balkman, jamal will excel if mike d goes small ball, which he should.

Old
05-23-2008, 10:45 AM
TheHotRock

and did anyone else catch the rumor that boom dizzle is interested in becoming a knick. i'd throw an expiring contract (hi steph) at golden state. he ran nelson's breakneck offense and h e's a ****ing gamer. this getting under the cap for 2010 is a pipe dream. wade and bosh are going nowhere and lebron is a wild card....but you can't bank on him coming to ny.

my only issue with boom dizzle (best nickname in sports) is that he's a little injury prone. he'd b e a great floor general for us t hough and would do an awesome job in D'antoni's system. apparently monta ellis wants in too. I'd offer marbury and the #6 for both of them.

Old
05-23-2008, 02:20 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
I'm just not crazy about taking on any more big contracts. Redd is making a ton of money and I think we already have a really good shooter in Crawford (as inconsistent as he is). I love Baron Davis and Ellis was great in GS, but I'm still holding out hope that we can clear a ton of cap room and make a run at a big FA in a couple of years. I believe Chris Paul will be out there too.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 02:33 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
I'm just not crazy about taking on any more big contracts. Redd is making a ton of money and I think we already have a really good shooter in Crawford (as inconsistent as he is). I love Baron Davis and Ellis was great in GS, but I'm still holding out hope that we can clear a ton of cap room and make a run at a big FA in a couple of years. I believe Chris Paul will be out there too.
Exactly. And in the meantime, hey, you know, play some of our own kids and let them develop... What a concept!

I for one am intrigued to see what Chandler could become and what Lee might be able to do as a starter.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 05:34 PM
Lundqvist102

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist102
Do we really want Jared Bayless? I've seen the guy play a lot this year and he is without a doubt a shoot-first point guard. Granted, he has all the tools needed to succeed, but so did Stephon Marbury.

Lundqvist102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 07:13 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Great, we drafted the Italian kid....... odds this pick works out?

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 07:17 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
Great, we drafted the Italian kid....... odds this pick works out?
when was the draft? was it today?

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote