HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Hey whats up

Closed Thread

Old
05-22-2008, 05:34 PM
dino26

vCash: 500
Hey whats up

Hey guys im new on here on a few forums such as NYYfans , NFLUK , gers forums , soccerpulse.

Im from Scotland and have recently been attracted to the sport which is ice hockey , Ive only started watching it the past few weeks and decided to support a team , i did some research and these where the teams it came down to support .

Penguins - Good young talent in Sidney Crosby

Flyers - Team that has overcame a terrible season to becoming so close of stanley cup finals , remind me a bit of the Cleveland Browns how theyre franchise is changing.

Rangers - Just like my soccer team Rangers who wear the red white and blue had to have them as one of my options .

Senators - Played a few games of NHL 08 demo they were in it , and liked there jersey .

I then went away and looked more into these teams then scored of each one to find me my NHL team that im gonna support through thick and thin.

Penguins - I dont wanna be one of those fans who just jump on the bandwagon and support a team that are really good and doing well so i scored them off !

Senators - Got told from a few members on nyyfans that the sens are going down and arent as good as they used to be and the team is generally old.

Flyers , Rangers - Was a close one i liked the look of the Flyers and their young talent but it was Rangers that stole my heart just knowing they are called rangers and to wear the red white blue was enough for me. Also got told like the flyers they have a team with quite a few youngsters and are preparing for the future.

So the Rangers it is !

I am coming to NYC in late June 20-29 June to be specific . (Yes i know this is offseason but surely it shouldnt be hard to purchase NYR stuff)

From reading a few posts on here i see that the NHL store isnt all that what its cracked up to be. Was wondering if any New Yorkers can lead me in the right direction for some good old NYR merchandise , i know that Gerry Cosby do good merchandise but it is expensive . Also any good store for NFL merchandise as i am pretty big into that

Ive heard a few sport stores in NYC

Modells , Champs Sports , Paragon Sports , Sports Authority .

I know that there is both a champs and modells in times square and was wondering if they are any good for NHL merchandise , Just because i am going to a Yankees game and you get a 15% discount at Mo's

On the NHL site its $114.99 for a premier blank Home jersey do stores in NYC charge more or less.

Also heard that cause its off season some stuff is reduced like the jerseys and so on but why is that if they use them for the next season.

Anyways that pretty much somes up me hope to hear some comments from you guys.

Old
05-22-2008, 05:54 PM
D713B

Welcome aboard. It seems as though you have done quite a bit of research and picked up on the pulse of the NHL rather quickly. If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

As for buying jerseys check out the thread below there are numerous places/reviews.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=398957

Old
05-22-2008, 05:55 PM
hlundqvist30*

Welcome aboard. I went to Giants stadium in New Jersey a few years ago and saw Riverplate play Glasgow in a friendly. Was a very exciting game that included a Glasgow red card. Lorenzo Amoruso was so dynamic.

Just remember, the Devils, Islanders, and Flyers are our version of Celtic. You hate them

Seriously, welcome aboard. You're in for a bumpy ride.

Old
05-22-2008, 05:58 PM
dino26

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
Welcome aboard. I went to Giants stadium in New Jersey a few years ago and saw Riverplate play Glasgow in a friendly. Was a very exciting game that included a Glasgow red card. Lorenzo Amoruso was so dynamic.

Just remember, the Devils, Islanders, and Flyers are our version of Celtic. You hate them

Seriously, welcome aboard. You're in for a bumpy ride.

Dont worry mate there is only one team RANGERS , do you have a short name for rangers as we call glasgow rangers The Gers (Jehhrz)

Old
05-22-2008, 06:00 PM
dino26

Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
Welcome aboard. It seems as though you have done quite a bit of research and picked up on the pulse of the NHL rather quickly. If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

As for buying jerseys check out the thread below there are numerous places/reviews.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=398957

Yeah i checked that but it just seems to be alot of ebay / online sites. Looking for more of the places that would be good to me for the time of the year i am going. Thanks anyways

When i get into a new sport i like getting into it.

I understand the young whizkids of the Penguins are the likes of Malkin and Crosby but for the Rangers who are they , would you say Lundqvist is one.

Old
05-22-2008, 06:01 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Welcome! What hlundqvist said, the Devils, Islanders, Flyers, and Penguins are the biggest rivals of the team. Here's a crash course on being a Ranger fan:

-Henrik Lundqvist (goalie), Jaromir Jagr (forward) are the best players on the team

-Marc Staal (defense), Brandon Dubinsky (center), Ryan Callahan, Nigel Dawes (forward) are good up and coming players in the league

-Artem Anisimov, Lauri Korpikoski, Alexei Cherepanov (forward), and Bobby Sanguinetti (defense), are the best prospects the Rangers have

-Potvin Sucks

-the fan base as a whole is bipolar and fickle, but mostly everyone here is awesome

If you have any more questions feel free to ask!

Old
05-22-2008, 06:04 PM
dino26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez to Jagr View Post
Welcome! What hlundqvist said, the Devils, Islanders, Flyers, and Penguins are the biggest rivals of the team. Here's a crash course on being a Ranger fan:

-Henrik Lundqvist (goalie), Jaromir Jagr (forward) are the best players on the team

-Marc Staal (defense), Brandon Dubinsky (center), Ryan Callahan, Nigel Dawes (forward) are good up and coming players in the league

-Artem Anisimov, Lauri Korpikoski, Alexei Cherepanov (forward), and Bobby Sanguinetti (defense), are the best prospects the Rangers have

-Potvin Sucks

-the fan base as a whole is bipolar and fickle, but mostly everyone here is awesome

If you have any more questions feel free to ask!

Yeah i know lundqvist and Jagr are the best players but ive heard henrik hasnt been the same as something to do with his dad getting surgery on his brain .

Is Brendan Shanahan not pretty good for the rangers , I know about Avery the kid has issues

Old
05-22-2008, 06:08 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino26 View Post
Yeah i know lundqvist and Jagr are the best players but ive heard henrik hasnt been the same as something to do with his dad getting surgery on his brain .

Is Brendan Shanahan not pretty good for the rangers , I know about Avery the kid has issues
Shanahan is a first ballot Hall of Famer, but his game has fallen off big time due to his age. Avery is one of the best agitators in the league, but his future in New York is cloudy.

As for Henrik, he had a decline in play in the middle of the season, but regained form in late February, and continued his amazing play until the last game of the playoffs. He also was nominated for the Vezina trophy (best goalie in the league) for the third straight year.

Old
05-22-2008, 06:14 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:

Lundqvist had a string of games where he was playing badly in the middle of the season but since about March and on he was possibly the best goalie in the NHL. Brendan Shanahan is one of the greatest to play the game and had a very good season with the Rangers last year. This year his age caught up to him though. It's likely he wont be back next year and if he is it will only be with a limited role.

The Rangers' nickname is "The Blueshirts" though you'll hear other fans call them "The Rags" at times.

Old
05-22-2008, 06:16 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Somebody hook this guy up with some YouTube videos so he can catch up

Old
05-22-2008, 06:18 PM
dino26

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Somebody hook this guy up with some YouTube videos so he can catch up
Why not dont think ive done that bad as of recent since im new to the game , also know that the rangers were one of the original six !

I think it is 3 times the Rangers won the stanley cup and last time was in 1994 (i maybe mega wrong on the amount of times they won)

Do NYR have any slovakian players , cause my mate who i am going to NYC with is Slovakian and was just wondering.

Anyone got any heads up on the merchandise post i first posted

Old
05-22-2008, 06:24 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

projerseys.com does some pretty good jerseys. Shipping may be a little steep internationally, but it sure beats buying from the NHL Store or nhl.com pricewise.

Old
05-22-2008, 06:25 PM
dino26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez to Jagr View Post
projerseys.com does some pretty good jerseys. Shipping may be a little steep internationally, but it sure beats buying from the NHL Store or nhl.com pricewise.

Thanks but im looking to buy from within the city , when im there which will be 20-29 june

Does the NHL store have alot of NYR merchandise since its in NY then ?

How much are NYR premiers there , are the jerseys on display only and you have to ask the staff for your size then they get you it or are they layed out for you to pick.

Are premier jerseys sewn name

Anyone got any pictures of the starbucks cafe in the NHL store

Last edited by dino26: 05-22-2008 at 06:29 PM. Reason: had to add more text
Old
05-22-2008, 06:34 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Why not dont think ive done that bad as of recent since im new to the game , also know that the rangers were one of the original six !

I think it is 3 times the Rangers won the stanley cup and last time was in 1994 (i maybe mega wrong on the amount of times they won)

Do NYR have any slovakian players , cause my mate who i am going to NYC with is Slovakian and was just wondering.

Anyone got any heads up on the merchandise post i first posted

good to see another scotsman on the board, welcome mate.

the Rangers have won the cup 4 times 1928/33/40/94, i am also a Glasgow Rangers fan to hence the avatar and if you are like me you'll be seriously pissed tonight.

as someone said before.

New York Islanders = Celtic (hate them, They are the enemy )

New Jersey Devils = Aberdeen (a small club who want to be our main rivals, but never will)

Philadelphia Flyers = Hibs (dont like us and we dont like them,)

anytime you want to ask anything give me a PM,

Old
05-22-2008, 06:49 PM
dino26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
good to see another scotsman on the board, welcome mate.

the Rangers have won the cup 4 times 1928/33/40/94, i am also a Glasgow Rangers fan to hence the avatar and if you are like me you'll be seriously pissed tonight.

as someone said before.

New York Islanders = Celtic (hate them, They are the enemy )

New Jersey Devils = Aberdeen (a small club who want to be our main rivals, but never will)

Philadelphia Flyers = Hibs (dont like us and we dont like them,)

anytime you want to ask anything give me a PM,
Tell me about it we had it in our hands and threw it away , mind you the SPL never helped though but cant use that as an excuse can only look to next season hopefully a good clearout and some new exciting signings .

Anyways back onto hockey talk ,have you been to NYC before and tell me the best place to go for rangers gear.

Old
05-22-2008, 06:50 PM
KotsyJr
THE POWER OF CHRIST

Hello Everybody

Gah, finally able to register!

Anyways, did a quick search for like an introduction area, maybe I missed it - if I did, I apologize. My name's Cody Kotsopoulos, I'm the son of former Ranger (&Whaler, Leaf, and Red Wing) Chris Kotsopoulos. I'm a huge Ranger fan (and so is the rest of my household) and I'm happy to be able to post here finally.

If you guys are interested, my father has a blog: http://www.kotsyskorner.blogspot.com , it's a general hockey blog... but it focuses on the Rangers mostly. Just sharing, not meaning to spam that, lol.

Well, anyways, just letting you know a bit about me. Hopefully I enjoy my time on the boards!

GO RANGERS.

Old
05-22-2008, 06:55 PM
Shark Staal
Woah

Welcome, Nice to see newcomers to the sport and team.

theres a reebok NHL store in Manhattan, The store is located in New York City at 1185 Avenue of the Americas, at the corner of 47th Street.

Old
05-22-2008, 06:57 PM
dino26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
Welcome, Nice to see newcomers to the sport and team.

theres a reebok NHL store in Manhattan, The store is located in New York City at 1185 Avenue of the Americas, at the corner of 47th Street.
Yeah in my first post i said "From reading a few posts on here i see that the NHL store isnt all that what its cracked up to be. Was wondering if any New Yorkers can lead me in the right direction for some good old NYR merchandise , i know that Gerry Cosby do good merchandise but it is expensive . Also any good store for NFL merchandise as i am pretty big into that "

Thanks anyways man

i love this emoticon its such a AC/DC highway to hell rock on emoticon haha

Old
05-22-2008, 07:02 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:
Tell me about it we had it in our hands and threw it away , mind you the SPL never helped though but cant use that as an excuse can only look to next season hopefully a good clearout and some new exciting signings .

Anyways back onto hockey talk ,have you been to NYC before and tell me the best place to go for rangers gear.

i have never been but the guys round here will help you. if this is any help i know you can get hockey jerseys on the NASN website.

in case you dont know NASN is a sports channel you can get over here that shows all North American sports.

Old
05-22-2008, 07:06 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

welcome to the board

Old
05-22-2008, 07:18 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
I got married this past year and as a gift for my three groomsmen I got them jerseys.
I got 2 jerseys from the nhl store (Ovechkin and Thorton). I was quite happy with the price to be honest...
I got the one rangers fan in the group a Gomez jersey at the Garden, this was the one i got the best price on..
for myself i wanted a Staal, so i had to get it at Cosby's...obviously the most expensive..
If you just want a blank, go to the Nhl store, the prices are fine..
if you want a Rangers player, but not one of the "stars" than go to Cosby's...

and btw...liverpool football is best!!!
Let's go scousers!

Old
05-22-2008, 07:28 PM
King of cool
The winning hat

I have been looking around for an appropriate forum as to say welcome myself, without being successful. If you permit myself KotsyJr, I will use your thread to say a little hello while passing by. Welcome to you as well by the way.

Hey all, my name's Jeff, I'm 29 (who cares...^^) and it's a great honor to be finally here. I've been looking for a way to register for a long time now. I'm a Ranger fan for almost 15 years now and my addiction for this team doesn't stop to grow. See you soon.

Let's go Rangers!

Old
05-22-2008, 07:31 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
welcome aboard to you both!

Old
05-22-2008, 07:32 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Welcome to the both of you! You'll find most of us to be very knowledgeable and diehard fans. Enjoy!

Old
05-22-2008, 07:39 PM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

Welcome both of you.

Closed Thread