HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hey whats up

Closed Thread

Old
05-22-2008, 08:14 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by KotsyJr View Post
Gah, finally able to register!

Anyways, did a quick search for like an introduction area, maybe I missed it - if I did, I apologize. My name's Cody Kotsopoulos, I'm the son of former Ranger (&Whaler, Leaf, and Red Wing) Chris Kotsopoulos. I'm a huge Ranger fan (and so is the rest of my household) and I'm happy to be able to post here finally.

If you guys are interested, my father has a blog: http://www.kotsyskorner.blogspot.com , it's a general hockey blog... but it focuses on the Rangers mostly. Just sharing, not meaning to spam that, lol.

Well, anyways, just letting you know a bit about me. Hopefully I enjoy my time on the boards!

GO RANGERS.

Welcome to the board! Lets Go Rangers!! Stanley Cup Champs 09

By the way, any relation to Canadians foward Tom Kotsopoulos?

05-22-2008, 08:19 PM
The Thomas J.*

Welcome both.

Old
05-22-2008, 08:25 PM
hlundqvist30*

Look at us raking in the Nubs. We HAVE to have HF's #1 prospect pool for posters

That's really cool that your dad played in the NHL and specifically for the Rangers. Does he have any good hockey stories?

Old
05-22-2008, 08:53 PM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Welcome to the board! Lets Go Rangers!! Stanley Cup Champs 09

By the way, any relation to Canadians foward Tom Kotsopoulos?
Nope. He actually spells his name differently, Kostopoulos and mine is Kotsopoulos. I get that alot, considering pops played hockey too. Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
Look at us raking in the Nubs. We HAVE to have HF's #1 prospect pool for posters

That's really cool that your dad played in the NHL and specifically for the Rangers. Does he have any good hockey stories?
Oh sure, he has TONS of stories. Haha. The majority of them took place in Hartford and Toronto though (cause that's where he spent most of his career).

Although, he's said many times that he wish he could of been a Ranger for life - hence why they are/have been our favorite team. A first class organization and they take care of their former players very well. I mean, he played for NYR only one year and we get accommodated great and feel very welcomed when we come to the games. "Once a Ranger, always a Ranger".

EDIT: And welcome to the other new members as well!

Old
05-22-2008, 09:55 PM
mti79

As others have said, welcome aboard. Always great to have more Ranger fans, especially international ones. With all that said, GO MAN U!!!! If you want to say I jumped on the bandwagon, fine, but just know that I've been rooting for them since Schmeichel was their goalie.

Anyways, is it time for training camp yet? I'm dying over here...

Old
05-23-2008, 05:57 AM
OrbitalDynamics

vCash: 50
The flood continues!

Now that the registration embargo has been lifted you get to welcome yet another nub to the boards.

I'm glad to finally be able to contribute to what has to be the finest hockey board on the world wide wait.

Old
05-23-2008, 06:01 AM
Sockosensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino26 View Post
but it was Rangers that stole my heart just knowing they are called rangers and to wear the red white blue was enough for me.
Haha, my Scottish mate had the exact opposite reaction!
Welcome aboard.

The NHL put out a DVD box set of the 1994 Rangers-Devils (semi-finals) & Rangers-Canucks (finals), which I'd consider not only great Rangers history, but actually some of the best hockey I've ever seen. If you want to get acquainted with the franchise and the sport, know who Messier is and why he's called the Messiah, that's the place to begin.

Old
05-23-2008, 06:45 AM
Lady Vengeance
FTTW

So is this the unofficial 'I'm a Newbie' thread? If so, then, hey! Another one! I've been lurking here for months and finally decided to get an account. Looking forward to finally participating.

Old
05-23-2008, 07:03 AM
dino26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
I got married this past year and as a gift for my three groomsmen I got them jerseys.
I got 2 jerseys from the nhl store (Ovechkin and Thorton). I was quite happy with the price to be honest...
I got the one rangers fan in the group a Gomez jersey at the Garden, this was the one i got the best price on..
for myself i wanted a Staal, so i had to get it at Cosby's...obviously the most expensive..
If you just want a blank, go to the Nhl store, the prices are fine..
if you want a Rangers player, but not one of the "stars" than go to Cosby's...

and btw...liverpool football is best!!!
Let's go scousers!

How you doing to all the other newbies like myself on the board

Booo come on you chelski , gotta love chelsea with the blues brothers connection and everything.

Thats well cool can you explain the diffrence to me between authentic and premier BLANK jersey are they not just both sewn on ?

How much was the Ovechkin jersey , you know how much are the blank premier and authentic jerseys at NHL store are ?.....

I take it the NHL store does do the premier jerseys for those who dont wanna buy big and go for the expensive.

Anyone know any good places for some NFL merchandise in NYC

Also what is this about Potvin Sucks heard this alot .

Another member told me that Macys is good for NHL jerseys ???

Last edited by dino26: 05-23-2008 at 10:01 AM.
Old
05-23-2008, 07:03 AM
dino26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
i have never been but the guys round here will help you. if this is any help i know you can get hockey jerseys on the NASN website.

in case you dont know NASN is a sports channel you can get over here that shows all North American sports.
Yeah i know man it sucks i got Sky Sports but its another channel to pay for and my dad would go nuts , does it not do NCAA college football too.

Old
05-23-2008, 10:57 AM
Turambar

Wow, what's happened? I didn't even realize there had been a block on registrations. Now we've got bedlam!

Welcome to all the new Blueshirts fans (Blueshirts is the Rangers' nickname, so to speak), it's great to see so many new fans, and I think I can speak for everyone when I say that seeing so many new fans with their enthusiasm only makes us appreciate our team all the more.

As someone said before, you're in for a bumpy ride.

Old
05-23-2008, 11:49 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by KotsyJr View Post
Gah, finally able to register!

Anyways, did a quick search for like an introduction area, maybe I missed it - if I did, I apologize. My name's Cody Kotsopoulos, I'm the son of former Ranger (&Whaler, Leaf, and Red Wing) Chris Kotsopoulos. I'm a huge Ranger fan (and so is the rest of my household) and I'm happy to be able to post here finally.

If you guys are interested, my father has a blog: http://www.kotsyskorner.blogspot.com , it's a general hockey blog... but it focuses on the Rangers mostly. Just sharing, not meaning to spam that, lol.

Well, anyways, just letting you know a bit about me. Hopefully I enjoy my time on the boards!

GO RANGERS.

I remember your Dad Cody. I remember liking him as well as he was a gritty no nonsense d-man. A team can never have enough of those. Unfortunately he didn't last that long with us. I remember going to a Whaler-Bruin game one time and I believe he got in a fight with Terry O'Reilly though I can't remember who won the fight--anyway the Whalers won the game.

Old
05-23-2008, 12:21 PM
D713B

Quote:
Yeah i checked that but it just seems to be alot of ebay / online sites. Looking for more of the places that would be good to me for the time of the year i am going. Thanks anyways

When i get into a new sport i like getting into it.

I understand the young whizkids of the Penguins are the likes of Malkin and Crosby but for the Rangers who are they , would you say Lundqvist is one.
I wouldn't place Lundqvist in the same category as Malkin/Crosby, their generational talents accomplishing amazing things at such a young age. That being said Lundy is still very young, broke in at 23 and has three Vezina Nominations at 25 which is nothing to scoff at and is actually incredibly successful. That being said I wouldn't trade Lundqvist for nearly anyone in the league with the exceptions being maybe Ovechkin or Malkin.

Old
05-23-2008, 12:56 PM
TomLaidlaw

Welcome to all the new members.

Old
05-23-2008, 02:29 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Welcome to all the new posters!

To the OP: You can get relatively cheap Rangers jerseys at Modell's. At least compared to Cosby's. I've never purchased one at the NHL Store.

Speaking of the NHL Store, it's weird...if you want merchandise of another time, it's a great place..but for some reason their selection of Rangers apparel leaves alot to be desired. If you want Rangers stuff, check out Cosby. Don't get a jersey but they have a great selection of t-shirts, caps and collectibles. It's a little bit of money, but you get a good selection.

Old
05-23-2008, 04:33 PM
Rocinante

Hey, I too am a lurker around this board for at least a couple of seasons, I've been a Ranger fan for 40 years and I've often wanted to chip in my two cents. Now finally I can! Let's go Rangers!

Old
05-23-2008, 05:13 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Welcome, all!

A bit to add - a couple of folks have mentioned that the Rangers' nickname is the "Blueshirts". It should be pointed out that that's actually short for "Broadway Blueshirts", despite the fact that Madison Square Garden hasn't been located on Broadway for decades.

Also, I believe that you can buy the blank jerseys elsewhere and then bring them to Cosby's for lettering if you want to go to the trouble to save the extra dough.

Lastly, while I agree that Crosby and Ovechkin are once-in-a-generation talents, I think that the downplaying of Lundqvist by previous posters is unwarranted - goalies (and to a lesser extent defensemen) by nature suffer from discrimination vis-a-vis high scoring forwards. Hank (our affectionate nickname for Henrik) has already set Rangers' team records and, I believe, is the first in league history to be nominated for the Vezina in each of his first 3 years. That is worthy of grouping in the same category with Crosby and Ovechkin, if perhaps just a half notch below.

Enjoy! Try not to get too swept up in our in-season bipolarism.

Old
05-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Hockify

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Welcome, all!

A bit to add - a couple of folks have mentioned that the Rangers' nickname is the "Blueshirts". It should be pointed out that that's actually short for "Broadway Blueshirts", despite the fact that Madison Square Garden hasn't been located on Broadway for decades.

Also, I believe that you can buy the blank jerseys elsewhere and then bring them to Cosby's for lettering if you want to go to the trouble to save the extra dough.

Lastly, while I agree that Crosby and Ovechkin are once-in-a-generation talents, I think that the downplaying of Lundqvist by previous posters is unwarranted - goalies (and to a lesser extent defensemen) by nature suffer from discrimination vis-a-vis high scoring forwards. Hank (our affectionate nickname for Henrik) has already set Rangers' team records and, I believe, is the first in league history to be nominated for the Vezina in each of his first 3 years. That is worthy of grouping in the same category with Crosby and Ovechkin, if perhaps just a half notch below.

Enjoy! Try not to get too swept up in our in-season bipolarism.
No it isn't. That's not an insult on Lundqvist eaither because he is great but come on. And who around here doesn't know that he is called Hank? I'm not sure.

Old
05-23-2008, 05:54 PM
dino26

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
Welcome to all the new posters!

To the OP: You can get relatively cheap Rangers jerseys at Modell's. At least compared to Cosby's. I've never purchased one at the NHL Store.

Speaking of the NHL Store, it's weird...if you want merchandise of another time, it's a great place..but for some reason their selection of Rangers apparel leaves alot to be desired. If you want Rangers stuff, check out Cosby. Don't get a jersey but they have a great selection of t-shirts, caps and collectibles. It's a little bit of money, but you get a good selection.
Ahh will they still have them in Late June

Old
05-23-2008, 05:55 PM
dino26

Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
I wouldn't place Lundqvist in the same category as Malkin/Crosby, their generational talents accomplishing amazing things at such a young age. That being said Lundy is still very young, broke in at 23 and has three Vezina Nominations at 25 which is nothing to scoff at and is actually incredibly successful. That being said I wouldn't trade Lundqvist for nearly anyone in the league with the exceptions being maybe Ovechkin or Malkin.
Ahh i see , so is Lundy more of a good young talent that looks like gonna have a bright future where as Crosby and Ovechkin play like they have been playing in the NHL for years and their outstanding talent has come at such an early stage of their career.

Old
05-23-2008, 06:28 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
Hey, I too am a lurker around this board for at least a couple of seasons, I've been a Ranger fan for 40 years and I've often wanted to chip in my two cents. Now finally I can! Let's go Rangers!

As long as you bring Don Quixote with you.

Old
05-23-2008, 06:35 PM
dino26

Me and my mate are 18 so it gives you the type of idea we have for places to go in NYC . This is what were gonna do so far

Times Square
Central Park
Rockefeller Center
Empire State Building
World Trade
NBA , NHL Store
Yankee Stadium ( go to yankees reds game)

If there is anything else you recommend please say

What about the nightlife where are good places to go

Old
05-23-2008, 07:08 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:
Yeah i know man it sucks i got Sky Sports but its another channel to pay for and my dad would go nuts , does it not do NCAA college football too.

Yeah it does the NCAA Football, College Basketball, Baseball, NHL, NHL on the Fly and it also had the Final Four of the College Hockey, NASCAR even though i only watch the hockey.

there is also shows like Pardon the Interruption and others cant remember there names.

Old
05-23-2008, 09:25 PM
Rocinante

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
As long as you bring Don Quixote with you.
Dreaming his impossible dream becomes possible

Old
05-24-2008, 01:14 AM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Ahh will they still have them in Late June
The big one in Times Square on 42nd Street should definitely have at least a couple.

Closed Thread