HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Proposal: Jordan Staal to Blues for #4 pick and Players?

Old
05-20-2008, 10:26 PM
SkullSplitter

vCash: 500
Trading Staal for Stempniak and the 4th just seems like a step backwards, although the value is there. (Though the Pens could possibly get a better value by letting Staal sign an offer sheet.) The Pens aren't really in rebuild mode right now, and the guy isn't being traded this summer when his salary is only 2.2 million.

SkullSplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 11:21 PM
Bluester

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyug View Post
Awwww, I'm a homer? Shucks, I guess I'll just have to enjoy my team playing in the finals while you fantasize about deals you could make for players like Staal. Bitter much?
I don't fantasize about Jordan Stall. Where in here do I even consider that.Now if within a four year time frame we had 2 1st overall picks and the other 2 years have 2 second overall picks and then the year before that the 5th overall, we would be pretty good as well. It isn't my fault you all have to suck for a long period of time to get it right.

Bluester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 11:26 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluester View Post
I don't fantasize about Jordan Stall. Where in here do I even consider that.Now if within a four year time frame we had 2 1st overall picks and the other 2 years have 2 second overall picks and then the year before that the 5th overall, we would be pretty good as well. It isn't my fault you all have to suck for a long period of time to get it right.
And yet I do not feel the least bit guilty. In fact I also hope that the league has been, is now, and will for the next decade and a half be fixing things for the Pens to win. I have become a believer in all the conspiracy theories and you all are screwed big time. I am quite ok with that.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 11:37 PM
Bluester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
And yet I do not feel the least bit guilty. In fact I also hope that the league has been, is now, and will for the next decade and a half be fixing things for the Pens to win. I have become a believer in all the conspiracy theories and you all are screwed big time. I am quite ok with that.
Funny thing is things can turn on a dime.

Old
05-20-2008, 11:38 PM
Captain Awesome

Jordan Stall is the best 2 way 3rd line center in the league? Um, Mike Modano is probably better both offensively and defensively, but suuure. Obviously not in the future, but right now.

Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 11:39 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Funny thing is things can turn on a dime.
Not when you have the league and refs in your pocket. Yeah baby, don't you read HF?

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 11:50 PM
Silas Robertson
Hey, all in. Jack.

StaAL S-T-A-A-L is it really that hard? He has two siblings playing in the NHL. They all spell it the same way. How can anyone's talent analysis of a guy whose name they can't even spell right be taken seriously?

Staal.

Silas Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 11:59 PM
Silas Robertson
Hey, all in. Jack.

Quote:
That's ok because you are obviously a homer and nothing will meet your standards unless it's out of this world. You are obviously in the minority on this. It's ok though you can argue till your blue in the face or have corpal tunel from typing to much and it will not change the facts. Bad for Blues, good for Pens.

Can you just please tell me the incentive for the Penguins to make this trade??? It's Stempniak rig... no wait we have enough forward depth. No, no it's the pick and he prospect... but wait... Why would we trade a key component of our run to the cup finals for two risks that may never pan out. Wait... we wouldn't. Again, like most of the idiotic proposals involving the Penguins and they're young centers. It may have equal value, but we are NOT interested in trading them unless it significantly improves our team. Sorry if I don't think Stempniak would be an improvement over Staal at this point in time (considering Cole and the 4th aren't going to be in the NHL next season)

Old
05-22-2008, 01:40 AM
Bluester

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTisIT View Post
Can you just please tell me the incentive for the Penguins to make this trade??? It's Stempniak rig... no wait we have enough forward depth. No, no it's the pick and he prospect... but wait... Why would we trade a key component of our run to the cup finals for two risks that may never pan out. Wait... we wouldn't. Again, like most of the idiotic proposals involving the Penguins and they're young centers. It may have equal value, but we are NOT interested in trading them unless it significantly improves our team. Sorry if I don't think Stempniak would be an improvement over Staal at this point in time (considering Cole and the 4th aren't going to be in the NHL next season)
Congrats on being another Penguin fan who doesn't like it. I honestly don't really care. I wouldn't want the Blues to make this deal.

Old
05-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Oh Baby!

No way the Blues make this deal, overpayment. Keep Staal, the Blues have too many forwards coming up this year and next, that have as much potential.

Edit- I'd love to see a poll on this...

Oh Baby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 12:09 PM
DrVanntastic

vCash: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyug View Post
Awwww, I'm a homer? Shucks, I guess I'll just have to enjoy my team playing in the finals while you fantasize about deals you could make for players like Staal. Bitter much?
I don't fantasize about players like Staal. If I'm going to fantasize about a player, it's going to be a Crosby, Ovechkin, or Malkin if it's a forward. EJ (don't have to, thankfully), Phaneuf, or Pronger on D. Luongo, Fleury, or Lehtonen if it's a goalie. Staal is far from the type of player I fantasize about. So no, I am not bitter. No, I don't think the refs are out to make sure that the Pens win. I believe the players have made it on their own merit by being MUCH better than the three teams they've faced in the playoffs. So, do me a favor, drop your arrogant little tone and go back to talking hockey. All it does is make you seem like a moron.

Quote:
There is no incentive to make this deal for either team. It's become a pissing match between two fanbases and I am surprised the mod's haven't locked it yet. The only incentive the Pens would have is the 4th and Cole. Like you said though, they won't be around next year. From what I can see, the Pens would love to have the defensive depth in the future. Especially since they don't have much of anything behind Goligoski(sp?) on defense. Trading Staal would be terrible short term for the Pens. As many Pens fans have stated, he has been a key cpmponent to their cup run. BTW, beat the Wings ass in the finals for me.

HOWEVER, there is also NO incentive for the Blues to make this deal. It screws us over very badly in the long term. Behind EJ, the only young top 3 defenseman we have is Cole. Polak, Woywitka, and Wagner all look like they could plug in as a number 4 guy but will play most nights in the 5-6 spot. plus we get rid of the number 4. Yeah, no thanks.

DrVanntastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 12:35 PM
Silas Robertson
Hey, all in. Jack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noteman View Post
HOWEVER, there is also NO incentive for the Blues to make this deal. It screws us over very badly in the long term. Behind EJ, the only young top 3 defenseman we have is Cole. Polak, Woywitka, and Wagner all look like they could plug in as a number 4 guy but will play most nights in the 5-6 spot. plus we get rid of the number 4. Yeah, no thanks.
No incentive for the Pens, no incentive for the Blues. Case closed. yeat another pointless trade thread involving one of the Pens' young centers.

Old
05-22-2008, 01:06 PM
Bluester

Quote:
No incentive for the Pens, no incentive for the Blues. Case closed. yeat another pointless trade thread involving one of the Pens' young centers.

Can a mod please lock this thread?

Old
05-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Patrick96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_TheGreat View Post
Why would PITT do this trade

Staal is a big 6'4 220lb Centre. Great skater, great skills, great PK, has goal scoring ability. Scored 29 as a 18 year old. I don't care what people say 29 at 18 is very very very good! He fits in perfect at Pitt right now. Later on down the road when his offensive game comes full circle, watch out!
Holy cow yeah it is !

Patrick96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 10:04 PM
SpezDispenser

It's really not possible that the Pens will get a better offer than that for Staal when the time comes.

SpezDispenser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 10:19 PM
Warm Cookies
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504Heater View Post
It's really not possible that the Pens will get a better offer than that for Staal when the time comes.
Sorry, when is that time again?

Warm Cookies is online now   Reply With Quote