HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn

Closed Thread

Old
05-23-2004, 07:26 PM
CH Wizard

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
not Pavel Bure but Peter Forsberg

Old
05-23-2004, 07:47 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
not Pavel Bure but Peter Forsberg
Not Peter Forsberg, but Andrei Kastitsyn.

Seriously, I don't get how we can have much opinion on his style? I still haven't seen him yet, and I don't know how many others besides our beloved King have.

Old
05-23-2004, 08:30 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax˛+bx+c
you should be banned... you're annoying as ****.
I don't mind somebody who thinks out of the box myself. There is a lot of Kastitsyn hero worship, but we have to consider what will happen if he's a flop too.

Old
05-23-2004, 11:37 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
I don't mind somebody who thinks out of the box myself. There is a lot of Kastitsyn hero worship, but we have to consider what will happen if he's a flop too.
Do you know how annoying he really is? In each single friggin prospect thread he chimes in and talks about how ****** they are. I mean, his opinion would be worth something if he saw them a little bit more or if he wasn't always putting the bust etiquette on every prospects.

Old
05-23-2004, 11:46 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax˛+bx+c
Do you know how annoying he really is? In each single friggin prospect thread he chimes in and talks about how ****** they are. I mean, his opinion would be worth something if he saw them a little bit more or if he wasn't always putting the bust etiquette on every prospects.
That's why there's an ignore list.

Old
05-23-2004, 11:55 PM
db23

Players are seldom complete stars or total busts. I just think the expectations here for Kostitsyn are totally unreasonable. Pavel Bure was an extraordinary talent who would have been the first player taken in the draft under ordinary circumstances. He was at least the equal of Kovalchuk at the same age. Even the most optomistic scouts never put Kostitsyn in the Kovalchuk/Bure category prior to the draft.

Pavel Brendl was (and is) a great natural talent who is unable to produce at the professional level. So far that is the descritpion that fits Kostitsyn the best, like it or not. You can find all the excuses you want, but unless the kid turns things around in a big way next season, you are looking at another Brendl at best.

Old
05-24-2004, 12:00 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by db23
Players are seldom complete stars or total busts. I just think the expectations here for Kostitsyn are totally unreasonable. Pavel Bure was an extraordinary talent who would have been the first player taken in the draft under ordinary circumstances. He was at least the equal of Kovalchuk at the same age. Even the most optomistic scouts never put Kostitsyn in the Kovalchuk/Bure category prior to the draft.

Pavel Brendl was (and is) a great natural talent who is unable to produce at the professional level. So far that is the descritpion that fits Kostitsyn the best, like it or not. You can find all the excuses you want, but unless the kid turns things around in a big way next season, you are looking at another Brendl at best.
After one season at 18 years old you are ready to proclaim this guy as big a bust as a guy who has had multiple chances and failed.

Old
05-24-2004, 12:07 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:

Do you know that Markus Naslund didn't pan out until he was like 25... **** Kasty is what? 18 years old. Get a life. There's one guy saying he looks like Bure, so what? Nobody thinks he'll be Pavel Bure. I hope he develops into a Markus Naslund kind of player, but that's wishful thinking.

Old
05-24-2004, 07:45 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:

How can a 18 year old who has never seen any pro hockey in AHL or NHL be a bust?????

Your grounds of calling him a bust are not logical. Sure he can be a bust, but we dont know YET if he is...........

Old
05-24-2004, 08:01 AM
Russian Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Russian Fan
No wonder why db23 continue to do what he do, look at all the replies to his provocative statement.

People, people, you feed him

Old
05-24-2004, 10:41 AM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Pavel Brendl not Pavel Bure.

Pavel Bure scored over 30 goals in the RSL when he was the age of Kostitsyn. I think he led the league in scoring. The RSL was a lot more competitive when Bure played there as well.

Kostitsyn had 0 goals and couldn't even make a poor RSL team that had about half a dozen teenagers in the lineup.

The only person who thought Kostitsyn would be a star was Kyle Woodleif from Redline and he is so far off all the time it is ridiculous. He was hyping Swedish defenceman Lars Jonsson in the the same fashion a few years ago, and Jonsson can barely play in the Swedish Elite League.

Every indication is that Kostitsyn will be another Brendl or Lars Jonsson.
You know what, just shut up, with your attitude i think you deserve to be a Bruins or Leafs fan.

Old
05-24-2004, 10:57 AM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20
You know what, just shut up, with your attitude i think you deserve to be a Bruins or Leafs fan.
totally agreed he is always negative this guy

Old
05-24-2004, 11:02 AM
habsfansam

db23, I have to tell you that the negative mode of your writing destroys your message. Stats comparisons mean very little in hockey because players/teams can bring more than goals and assists to the plate. If you want to get a perfect picture of that, you'll say that nobody on Kelowna will be a successful pro because there scoring was so low... but miraculously, they won it all this year! Imagine that...

Kastsitsyn will hopefully turn out to be a great pro, but we'll find that out when he gets over here sometime in the next two years. The kid has great natural talent and i think he's got the upside of a 1st line winger scoring 30-50goals, with the downside that he might never have the effect we're hoping for. I do believe that he'll be in the NHL, and I hope it's with us.

Old
05-24-2004, 12:08 PM
Firthbird

Send a message via MSN to Firthbird
If you're going to start a thread.... at least get the name of the player spelt right.

Old
05-24-2004, 01:41 PM
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firthbird
If you're going to start a thread.... at least get the name of the player spelt right.
Huh, he got it right. There's like 3 ways to write his name that are all correct. Nice try though.

Also, I don't know what's up with all the db23 bashing, what's wrong with believing Kastitsyn has slim possibilities to have the same talent as Pavel Bure or other superstars? God forgive the guy for making you get a reality check.. Out of you all, maybe one or two persons actually saw him play and the others are just throwing up stuff out of their last night dream, yet you can say db23 is wrong (or insult him). Ironic.

Edited my "both" mistake.

Last edited by Rahan: 05-24-2004 at 03:29 PM.
Old
05-24-2004, 02:27 PM
Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
There's like 3 ways to write his name that are both correct.
You make my head hurt !

Old
05-24-2004, 02:49 PM
Firthbird

Quote:
Huh, he got it right. There's like 3 ways to write his name that are both correct. Nice try though.
I have an Idea. How about we spell it the way that his mother and father spelt it when he was born. Like seriously, on his birth certificate I am sure it does not have his name spelt 3 different ways. Nice Try Though

Old
05-24-2004, 02:51 PM
Firthbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange
You make my head hurt !

:lol

Old
05-24-2004, 03:29 PM
Rahan

Quote:
I have an Idea. How about we spell it the way that his mother and father spelt it when he was born. Like seriously, on his birth certificate I am sure it does not have his name spelt 3 different ways. Nice Try Though
And how did his mother spell it? Because I don't have his birth certificate with me right now. Is it Костицын?

Seriously, drop it. You're wasting everyone's time.

Old
05-24-2004, 03:38 PM
prevail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Fan
You are very optimistic about Kastsitsyn, I never saw him as a mini or a Kovalchuk at all.

To me Kastsitsyn is more of mix of Alexander Mogilny (maybe will less speed than Mogilny when he was young) & a Mark Recchi hard working, never stop skating type of player.
That's saying a lot since in my opinion, Recchi was one of the best Habs in the last 10 years.

Old
05-25-2004, 08:17 AM
Firthbird

Quote:
And how did his mother spell it? Because I don't have his birth certificate with me right now. Is it Костицын?

Seriously, drop it. You're wasting everyone's time.
English Dummy. I am sure he does not spell his name 3 different ways. Same as any Russian that comes over, there is only one way to spell his name. The only time I'm wasting is yours, you write back senseless things.

Old
05-25-2004, 12:50 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
English Dummy. I am sure he does not spell his name 3 different ways. Same as any Russian that comes over, there is only one way to spell his name. The only time I'm wasting is yours, you write back senseless things.

Ok end it, consider this a warning, this is a hockey board lets keep it that way please.

Closed Thread