HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-23-2004, 07:26 PM
  #26
CH Wizard
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: preparin for 09 cup
Country: Afghanistan
Posts: 11,690
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
not Pavel Bure but Peter Forsberg

CH Wizard is offline  
Old
05-23-2004, 07:47 PM
  #27
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 18,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
not Pavel Bure but Peter Forsberg
Not Peter Forsberg, but Andrei Kastitsyn.

Seriously, I don't get how we can have much opinion on his style? I still haven't seen him yet, and I don't know how many others besides our beloved King have.

Blind Gardien is offline  
Old
05-23-2004, 08:30 PM
  #28
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ax˛+bx+c
you should be banned... you're annoying as ****.
I don't mind somebody who thinks out of the box myself. There is a lot of Kastitsyn hero worship, but we have to consider what will happen if he's a flop too.

tinyzombies is offline  
Old
05-23-2004, 11:37 PM
  #29
ChemiseBleuHonnete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
I don't mind somebody who thinks out of the box myself. There is a lot of Kastitsyn hero worship, but we have to consider what will happen if he's a flop too.
Do you know how annoying he really is? In each single friggin prospect thread he chimes in and talks about how ****** they are. I mean, his opinion would be worth something if he saw them a little bit more or if he wasn't always putting the bust etiquette on every prospects.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline  
Old
05-23-2004, 11:46 PM
  #30
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole
 
Munchausen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stuck in traffic
Posts: 5,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ax˛+bx+c
Do you know how annoying he really is? In each single friggin prospect thread he chimes in and talks about how ****** they are. I mean, his opinion would be worth something if he saw them a little bit more or if he wasn't always putting the bust etiquette on every prospects.
That's why there's an ignore list.

Munchausen is offline  
Old
05-23-2004, 11:55 PM
  #31
db23
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,272
vCash: 500
Players are seldom complete stars or total busts. I just think the expectations here for Kostitsyn are totally unreasonable. Pavel Bure was an extraordinary talent who would have been the first player taken in the draft under ordinary circumstances. He was at least the equal of Kovalchuk at the same age. Even the most optomistic scouts never put Kostitsyn in the Kovalchuk/Bure category prior to the draft.

Pavel Brendl was (and is) a great natural talent who is unable to produce at the professional level. So far that is the descritpion that fits Kostitsyn the best, like it or not. You can find all the excuses you want, but unless the kid turns things around in a big way next season, you are looking at another Brendl at best.

db23 is offline  
Old
05-24-2004, 12:00 AM
  #32
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by db23
Players are seldom complete stars or total busts. I just think the expectations here for Kostitsyn are totally unreasonable. Pavel Bure was an extraordinary talent who would have been the first player taken in the draft under ordinary circumstances. He was at least the equal of Kovalchuk at the same age. Even the most optomistic scouts never put Kostitsyn in the Kovalchuk/Bure category prior to the draft.

Pavel Brendl was (and is) a great natural talent who is unable to produce at the professional level. So far that is the descritpion that fits Kostitsyn the best, like it or not. You can find all the excuses you want, but unless the kid turns things around in a big way next season, you are looking at another Brendl at best.
After one season at 18 years old you are ready to proclaim this guy as big a bust as a guy who has had multiple chances and failed.

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
05-24-2004, 12:07 AM
  #33
ChemiseBleuHonnete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by db23
Players are seldom complete stars or total busts. I just think the expectations here for Kostitsyn are totally unreasonable. Pavel Bure was an extraordinary talent who would have been the first player taken in the draft under ordinary circumstances. He was at least the equal of Kovalchuk at the same age. Even the most optomistic scouts never put Kostitsyn in the Kovalchuk/Bure category prior to the draft.

Pavel Brendl was (and is) a great natural talent who is unable to produce at the professional level. So far that is the descritpion that fits Kostitsyn the best, like it or not. You can find all the excuses you want, but unless the kid turns things around in a big way next season, you are looking at another Brendl at best.
Do you know that Markus Naslund didn't pan out until he was like 25... **** Kasty is what? 18 years old. Get a life. There's one guy saying he looks like Bure, so what? Nobody thinks he'll be Pavel Bure. I hope he develops into a Markus Naslund kind of player, but that's wishful thinking.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline  
Old
05-24-2004, 07:45 AM
  #34
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by db23
Players are seldom complete stars or total busts. I just think the expectations here for Kostitsyn are totally unreasonable. Pavel Bure was an extraordinary talent who would have been the first player taken in the draft under ordinary circumstances. He was at least the equal of Kovalchuk at the same age. Even the most optomistic scouts never put Kostitsyn in the Kovalchuk/Bure category prior to the draft.

Pavel Brendl was (and is) a great natural talent who is unable to produce at the professional level. So far that is the descritpion that fits Kostitsyn the best, like it or not. You can find all the excuses you want, but unless the kid turns things around in a big way next season, you are looking at another Brendl at best.
How can a 18 year old who has never seen any pro hockey in AHL or NHL be a bust?????

Your grounds of calling him a bust are not logical. Sure he can be a bust, but we dont know YET if he is...........

Mooch is offline  
Old
05-24-2004, 08:01 AM
  #35
Russian Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,475
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Russian Fan
No wonder why db23 continue to do what he do, look at all the replies to his provocative statement.

People, people, you feed him

Russian Fan is offline  
Old
05-24-2004, 10:41 AM
  #36
Crusher20
Registered User
 
Crusher20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Ecuador
Posts: 4,645
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by db23
Pavel Brendl not Pavel Bure.

Pavel Bure scored over 30 goals in the RSL when he was the age of Kostitsyn. I think he led the league in scoring. The RSL was a lot more competitive when Bure played there as well.

Kostitsyn had 0 goals and couldn't even make a poor RSL team that had about half a dozen teenagers in the lineup.

The only person who thought Kostitsyn would be a star was Kyle Woodleif from Redline and he is so far off all the time it is ridiculous. He was hyping Swedish defenceman Lars Jonsson in the the same fashion a few years ago, and Jonsson can barely play in the Swedish Elite League.

Every indication is that Kostitsyn will be another Brendl or Lars Jonsson.
You know what, just shut up, with your attitude i think you deserve to be a Bruins or Leafs fan.

Crusher20 is offline  
Old
05-24-2004, 10:57 AM
  #37
CH Wizard
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: preparin for 09 cup
Country: Afghanistan
Posts: 11,690
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20
You know what, just shut up, with your attitude i think you deserve to be a Bruins or Leafs fan.
totally agreed he is always negative this guy

CH Wizard is offline  
Old
05-24-2004, 11:02 AM
  #38
habsfansam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Somewhere dark...?
Country: United Nations
Posts: 660
vCash: 500
db23, I have to tell you that the negative mode of your writing destroys your message. Stats comparisons mean very little in hockey because players/teams can bring more than goals and assists to the plate. If you want to get a perfect picture of that, you'll say that nobody on Kelowna will be a successful pro because there scoring was so low... but miraculously, they won it all this year! Imagine that...

Kastsitsyn will hopefully turn out to be a great pro, but we'll find that out when he gets over here sometime in the next two years. The kid has great natural talent and i think he's got the upside of a 1st line winger scoring 30-50goals, with the downside that he might never have the effect we're hoping for. I do believe that he'll be in the NHL, and I hope it's with us.

habsfansam is offline  
Old
05-24-2004, 12:08 PM
  #39
Firthbird
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 595
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Firthbird
If you're going to start a thread.... at least get the name of the player spelt right.

Firthbird is offline  
Old
05-24-2004, 01:41 PM
  #40
Rahan
Registered User
 
Rahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firthbird
If you're going to start a thread.... at least get the name of the player spelt right.
Huh, he got it right. There's like 3 ways to write his name that are all correct. Nice try though.

Also, I don't know what's up with all the db23 bashing, what's wrong with believing Kastitsyn has slim possibilities to have the same talent as Pavel Bure or other superstars? God forgive the guy for making you get a reality check.. Out of you all, maybe one or two persons actually saw him play and the others are just throwing up stuff out of their last night dream, yet you can say db23 is wrong (or insult him). Ironic.

Edited my "both" mistake.


Last edited by Rahan: 05-24-2004 at 03:29 PM.
Rahan is offline  
Old
05-24-2004, 02:27 PM
  #41
Orange
Registered User
 
Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
There's like 3 ways to write his name that are both correct.
You make my head hurt !

Orange is offline  
Old
05-24-2004, 02:49 PM
  #42
Firthbird
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 595
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Firthbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
Huh, he got it right. There's like 3 ways to write his name that are both correct. Nice try though.
I have an Idea. How about we spell it the way that his mother and father spelt it when he was born. Like seriously, on his birth certificate I am sure it does not have his name spelt 3 different ways. Nice Try Though

Firthbird is offline  
Old
05-24-2004, 02:51 PM
  #43
Firthbird
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 595
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Firthbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange
You make my head hurt !


:lol

Firthbird is offline  
Old
05-24-2004, 03:29 PM
  #44
Rahan
Registered User
 
Rahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firthbird
I have an Idea. How about we spell it the way that his mother and father spelt it when he was born. Like seriously, on his birth certificate I am sure it does not have his name spelt 3 different ways. Nice Try Though
And how did his mother spell it? Because I don't have his birth certificate with me right now. Is it Костицын?

Seriously, drop it. You're wasting everyone's time.

Rahan is offline  
Old
05-24-2004, 03:38 PM
  #45
prevail
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Fan
You are very optimistic about Kastsitsyn, I never saw him as a mini or a Kovalchuk at all.

To me Kastsitsyn is more of mix of Alexander Mogilny (maybe will less speed than Mogilny when he was young) & a Mark Recchi hard working, never stop skating type of player.
That's saying a lot since in my opinion, Recchi was one of the best Habs in the last 10 years.

prevail is offline  
Old
05-25-2004, 08:17 AM
  #46
Firthbird
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 595
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Firthbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
And how did his mother spell it? Because I don't have his birth certificate with me right now. Is it Костицын?

Seriously, drop it. You're wasting everyone's time.
English Dummy. I am sure he does not spell his name 3 different ways. Same as any Russian that comes over, there is only one way to spell his name. The only time I'm wasting is yours, you write back senseless things.

Firthbird is offline  
Old
05-25-2004, 12:50 PM
  #47
montreal
Time to Get Down
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Hungary
Posts: 23,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firthbird
English Dummy. I am sure he does not spell his name 3 different ways. Same as any Russian that comes over, there is only one way to spell his name. The only time I'm wasting is yours, you write back senseless things.


Ok end it, consider this a warning, this is a hockey board lets keep it that way please.

montreal is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.