HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LA kings Speculation

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-23-2008, 02:17 PM
  #1
Arctic_Hab_Fan
Registered User
 
Arctic_Hab_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 866
vCash: 500
LA kings Speculation

It is said the L.A. Kings are looking for a young Defenseman. If the kings are dangling the number two overall Pick...Do you think Komisarek and a Prospect(s) would be enticing?

Secondly, Everyone is Hot for Vinny Lecavalier...If the first transaction were to happen...Do you think Jay Feaster would be interested in Trading Lecavalier for that Second overall Pick plus Montreal's first Rounder and a Prospect? In essence, Tampa would be building through this draft and be in good shape (depends if your a Lightening fan or not) for another high pick at Next Season's draft table (without Lecavalier they'd be a weaker team in the immediate future).

For me, this is interesting...We do have a lot of quality D-man Prospects.

Any thoughts?

Edit: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=15425 heres where the speculation comes from. It isn't an eklund rumour.

Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 02:19 PM
  #2
Seb
Need more Therrien
 
Seb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: England
Posts: 9,030
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Seb
You would trade Komisarek?

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 02:21 PM
  #3
CareyPrice x 31
Registered User
 
CareyPrice x 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,877
vCash: 3907

CareyPrice x 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 02:26 PM
  #4
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,610
vCash: 500
Why would we trade Komisarek (and a prospect) for a pick who may or may not pawn out in 3 or 4 years? And who may never be as good as Komisarek is?

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 02:29 PM
  #5
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
So it breaks down like this at the end of the day

Komisarek + a prospect (gone to LA)
Montreal's first rounder + another prospect + 2nd overall (aquired from LA)

For Lecavalier....

So essentially it would be
Komisarek + McDonagh + O'Byrne + 1st Rounder for Vinny Lecavalier
and to top it all off Vinny is only signed for 1 more year before he hits UFA and you could lose him for nothing.

NO FROM ME....

Even with Vinny, you aren't winning anything with a defence of

Markov - Georges
Hamrlik - Brisebois
Valentenko - Bouillion
extra: Dandenault

Over a full season.... and you've severely weakened our prospect cupboard.

Teams with no defence won't win.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 02:30 PM
  #6
Arctic_Hab_Fan
Registered User
 
Arctic_Hab_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 866
vCash: 500
It isn't a trade for the second overall, if Feaster would be willing to trade Vinny in exchange for that second overall pick and Montreal's first pick plus a prospect, do you think it would be a good deal. We do have a lot of prospects and theres only 3 spots open (imo).

Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 02:31 PM
  #7
Arctic_Hab_Fan
Registered User
 
Arctic_Hab_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 866
vCash: 500
It doesn't necessarily have to be a defensive Prospect.

Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 02:46 PM
  #8
McTusk
Registered User
 
McTusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 3,947
vCash: 500
But those are our best prospects. Why would they not want them?

McTusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 02:52 PM
  #9
Analyzer*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,999
vCash: 50
Maybe, we be more interested in say Cammalleri, Frolov, Brown. O'Sullivan.

I'd be more inclined that Montreal includes their first and maybe a D prospect for one of those, unless they're specifically looking for a proven player.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 03:08 PM
  #10
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,782
vCash: 612
And why wouldn't they just draft one of the many good defensive prospects with that 2nd overall? It would make sense, Johnson, Hickey and this new prospect would all be around the same age and develop together.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 03:14 PM
  #11
Arctic_Hab_Fan
Registered User
 
Arctic_Hab_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 866
vCash: 500
the Blogger says Hextall said between now and the draft he is looking to trade for a young defenseman...said it to season ticket holders.

Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 03:15 PM
  #12
Kachino
@kachino82
 
Kachino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 6,299
vCash: 50
I honestly think the L.A. Kings will become the Pittsburgh Penguins in the West in a near future ... with guys like Bernier, Kopitar, Brown, Frolov, O'Sullivan, Johnson, Hickey, Doughty (?)...

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 03:16 PM
  #13
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Hab_Fan View Post
It doesn't necessarily have to be a defensive Prospect.
Your not gonna make these trades with dirt prospects..... No one is taking the rights to Corey Locke or Duncan Milroy or anything like that..... If you wanna give up prospects they are gonna be asking for good ones.

Expect the prospect asking price to be McDonagh, Subban, Tank, or O'Byrne on Defence..... or MaxPac or SKost on forward.....

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 03:18 PM
  #14
Schooner Guy
Registered User
 
Schooner Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,707
vCash: 500
Didn't both series in the playoffs expose us as a team with too many players not willing to pay the price? Komisarek is a beast and he can play.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 03:20 PM
  #15
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,782
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Hab_Fan View Post
the Blogger says Hextall said between now and the draft he is looking to trade for a young defenseman...said it to season ticket holders.
But I doubt they trade the #2 pick to get a young defenceman when they could just draft a damn good one with it. Maybe they'd offer other assets, it's the only thing that makes sense.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 03:20 PM
  #16
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Hab_Fan View Post
It isn't a trade for the second overall, if Feaster would be willing to trade Vinny in exchange for that second overall pick and Montreal's first pick plus a prospect, do you think it would be a good deal. We do have a lot of prospects and theres only 3 spots open (imo).
Making more holes is not the answer..... filling the holes we have is the answer.... I wait for Vinny in 2009 if its gonna cost me that much to get him...

Ie
Komisarek
First Rounder
2 High End Prospects

If we are talking Higgins instead of Komi, then you've got me thinking a little more... but you can't win by creating the holes in your defence core. And you better have Vinny signed to a long-term deal and not just the one year contract he's currently on before even thinking about this.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 03:23 PM
  #17
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 27,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachino82 View Post
I honestly think the L.A. Kings will become the Pittsburgh Penguins in the West in a near future ... with guys like Bernier, Kopitar, Brown, Frolov, O'Sullivan, Johnson, Hickey, Doughty (?)...
With all due respect to those guys, they don't really compare to Crosby, Malkin, Hossa(seeing as he made it to the cup, its very logical he'd want to stay there), Staal, Whitney and Fleury.

They do have talent, but 0 superstars. Pittsburgh have at least 3.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 03:26 PM
  #18
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
With all due respect to those guys, they don't really compare to Crosby, Malkin, Hossa(seeing as he made it to the cup, its very logical he'd want to stay there), Staal, Whitney and Fleury.

They do have talent, but 0 superstars. Pittsburgh have at least 3.
Hossa wanting to stay there adn fitting all 6 of those guys under the cap will be two different things.... Hossa on a rich deal would severly hamper them in signing Malkin next year, and then if they sign Malkin, well then how do you keep Whitney, Fleury, Staal and Letang down the road. With a cap in place something has to give somewhere along the line, you can't end up like Tampa, with a small number of Superstars and fill the rest with AHL talent. It doesn't work long term.

I seriously doubt Hossa resigns.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 03:34 PM
  #19
GNick42
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Hab_Fan View Post
It is said the L.A. Kings are looking for a young Defenseman. If the kings are dangling the number two overall Pick...Do you think Komisarek and a Prospect(s) would be enticing?

Secondly, Everyone is Hot for Vinny Lecavalier...If the first transaction were to happen...Do you think Jay Feaster would be interested in Trading Lecavalier for that Second overall Pick plus Montreal's first Rounder and a Prospect? In essence, Tampa would be building through this draft and be in good shape (depends if your a Lightening fan or not) for another high pick at Next Season's draft table (without Lecavalier they'd be a weaker team in the immediate future).

For me, this is interesting...We do have a lot of quality D-man Prospects.

Any thoughts?

Edit: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=15425 heres where the speculation comes from. It isn't an eklund rumour.
I don't think the Bolts would go for it. Unless there is something I dont' know about...like Vinny asking for a trade. Which has been rumoured before on the Hot Stove League. Getting back to the original question...if it would bring us Lecavalier I would deal Komisarek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Hossa wanting to stay there adn fitting all 6 of those guys under the cap will be two different things.... Hossa on a rich deal would severly hamper them in signing Malkin next year, and then if they sign Malkin, well then how do you keep Whitney, Fleury, Staal and Letang down the road. With a cap in place something has to give somewhere along the line, you can't end up like Tampa, with a small number of Superstars and fill the rest with AHL talent. It doesn't work long term.

I seriously doubt Hossa resigns.
Tend to agree here...unless Hossa agrees to take a cut in pay to play with Crosby, Malkin and company...little chance he remains in Pitt. I see Detriot in his future


Last edited by Beakermania*: 05-23-2008 at 03:42 PM.
GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 03:37 PM
  #20
Artie
Registered User
 
Artie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal, Que
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Hossa wanting to stay there adn fitting all 6 of those guys under the cap will be two different things.... Hossa on a rich deal would severly hamper them in signing Malkin next year, and then if they sign Malkin, well then how do you keep Whitney, Fleury, Staal and Letang down the road. With a cap in place something has to give somewhere along the line, you can't end up like Tampa, with a small number of Superstars and fill the rest with AHL talent. It doesn't work long term.

I seriously doubt Hossa resigns.
I'm not even sure Pittsburgh will make the necessary serious offer to try and persuade him.

They got what they needed out of him.

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 03:43 PM
  #21
buddahsmoka1
Registered User
 
buddahsmoka1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: México, D.F.
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,057
vCash: 500
Why wouldn't they just keep the pick and draft one of Doughty, Schenn, Pietrangelo or Bogosian? They already have Hickey in they're pool, they would then have two top tiered defensive prospects.

buddahsmoka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 03:44 PM
  #22
Analyzer*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,999
vCash: 50
They sign Hossa and then they're going to lose either Malkin, Staal, or Fleury.

Or, they can let Hossa go, and sign the other 3, until Staal becomes a FA and probably leaves on his own to find a place where he gets good minutes. If Pittsburgh plays him in the top 6, then he'll probably cost too much and leave.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 03:45 PM
  #23
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 27,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Hossa wanting to stay there adn fitting all 6 of those guys under the cap will be two different things.... Hossa on a rich deal would severly hamper them in signing Malkin next year, and then if they sign Malkin, well then how do you keep Whitney, Fleury, Staal and Letang down the road. With a cap in place something has to give somewhere along the line, you can't end up like Tampa, with a small number of Superstars and fill the rest with AHL talent. It doesn't work long term.

I seriously doubt Hossa resigns.
Thats true, but i wasnt saying Hossa will resign, that all depends on how much he'll ask for. But with the cap rising once again, i don't think it would be that impossible for him to sign there. Especially if they don't win the cup, I wouldn't be surprised if he agreed to a 1year deal as well.

Regardless of who they sign, it'll be impossible to keep their roster intact. Eventually, they will have to let go of some of their cast.

If im not mistaken, I also heard somewhere that Malkin had already mentioned he wouldn't do like Crosby and agree to a hometown discount.

But yes, it is very unlikely that all three of them will be with the Penguins for many years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
Tend to agree here...unless Hossa agrees to take a cut in pay to play with Crosby, Malkin and company...little chance he remains in Pitt. I see Detriot in his future
Pittsburgh actually have more room on their cap than Detroit, as of today.

I don't really see Detroit signing Hossa either, they have a lot of resigning to do at the end of next season, unless they want to lose some of their key components.

Anyways, ask anybody here, Hossa will sign in MTL, don't you know that???


Last edited by Beakermania*: 05-23-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 04:07 PM
  #24
Kachino
@kachino82
 
Kachino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 6,299
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
With all due respect to those guys, they don't really compare to Crosby, Malkin, Hossa(seeing as he made it to the cup, its very logical he'd want to stay there), Staal, Whitney and Fleury.

They do have talent, but 0 superstars. Pittsburgh have at least 3.
Pittsburgh traded to get Hossa. The L.A. Kings are not yet in position to make a push for a player like Hossa. They are still in building mode. The 2nd overall pick overall will probably be used on Drew Doughty who is most likely going to make the team next year. Obviously they still have holes in their line-up but I honestly think they'll be able to cover them with UFA (hopefully not signing guys like Handzus, Nagy...) In a couple of years, they'll have 2 very strong lines and a 3 good/great defensemen while having a promising goalie in front of the net who will lead them in the playoffs.

You might not consider Kopitar as a superstar right now but the guy is going to be on top of the Western conference one day. Being able to do everything he's doing right now in L.A. at such young age is very impressive (just a notch below Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin). As for Whitney and Fleury, guys like Johnson and Bernier can match that if they reach their potential.

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 04:16 PM
  #25
vcx*
 
vcx*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Penguins Fan
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachino82 View Post
I honestly think the L.A. Kings will become the Pittsburgh Penguins in the West in a near future ... with guys like Bernier, Kopitar, Brown, Frolov, O'Sullivan, Johnson, Hickey, Doughty (?)...
Yeah but they have Crawford, he's an idiot. If the Avs and Canucks realized it, i don't get why the Kings won't. I guess he's their version of our Edzo or something. The Kings do have a very good nucleus and it makes no sense how they do soo poorly aside from just being extremely poorly coached by Crawford. I actually don't mind the Kings, i am a fan of Brown, Cammalleri, Kopitar and Frolov as well, i think Bernier will be a damn good goaltender in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachino82 View Post
Pittsburgh traded to get Hossa. The L.A. Kings are not yet in position to make a push for a player like Hossa. They are still in building mode. The 2nd overall pick overall will probably be used on Drew Doughty who is most likely going to make the team next year. Obviously they still have holes in their line-up but I honestly think they'll be able to cover them with UFA (hopefully not signing guys like Handzus, Nagy...) In a couple of years, they'll have 2 very strong lines and a 3 good/great defensemen while having a promising goalie in front of the net who will lead them in the playoffs.

You might not consider Kopitar as a superstar right now but the guy is going to be on top of the Western conference one day. Being able to do everything he's doing right now in L.A. at such young age is very impressive (just a notch below Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin). As for Whitney and Fleury, guys like Johnson and Bernier can match that if they reach their potential.
The Penguins traded for Hossa after making the playoffs last year, then having an amazing rise to the top without Fleury and Malkin which showed that adding a big piece like that to this team would put it over the top and it did. It was a trade that even Shero sort of freaked out about after he had done it.

I think the Kings have the brightest future in the western conference to be honest, i just don't like their management in Lombardi and Crawford. I've liked the kinda a little since the days of Kurri, Sandstrom, Robitaille, Blake (old days lol), and even Granato. Of course this all started back in 1991.


Last edited by Beakermania*: 05-23-2008 at 04:24 PM.
vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.