HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

LA kings Speculation

Old
05-23-2008, 04:30 PM
guest1467

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Yeah but they have Crawford, he's an idiot. If the Avs and Canucks realized it, i don't get why the Kings won't. I guess he's their version of our Edzo or something. The Kings do have a very good nucleus and it makes no sense how they do soo poorly aside from just being extremely poorly coached by Crawford. I actually don't mind the Kings, i am a fan of Brown, Cammalleri, Kopitar and Frolov as well, i think Bernier will be a damn good goaltender in the near future..
Maybe because they haven't had a competent goalie in 10 years. I agree Crawford is not the best coach, but going through 8 goalies in 2 years definitely says it all. Not only that, their defense is garbage. Rob Blake is done, Visnovsky is pretty good. Jack Jonhson is promising. However, Klemm, Dallman, Harrold are grease, and Preissing is just competent. No wonder they want a young defensemen.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 04:31 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Maybe, we be more interested in say Cammalleri.
MC is good but 1) He's small (he does play bigger than his size though but still) and 2) He's UFA after next season so if we want him we should wait.

Quote:
Frolov
Yes

His contract is a bargain and he's pretty good

Quote:
Brown
Yes Yes Yes Yeeeeeeeessssssss !!!!!!!!

I'm going to cream my pants if we ever land Dustin Brown, However , he's pretty much an untouchable for the Kings so we better forget it.

Quote:
O'Sullivan.
No thanks. Not what we need

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 04:47 PM
Garnet

Komi

I would make the deal if we pull it off. Montreal looses Komi off the roster today and get Vinny?? The depth Montreal has its about time to doing something like this.
Montreal can sign a Jason Smith type D-men in the UFA market and what is Montreal out? A couple picks and prospects!!!!

Komi is the type of player that is replacable in my opinion. He doesn't produce anything and is replaced by Streit late in games. Hes a big mean D-men who skates pretty well but not great. In a couple years that same player will be asking for 4-5million a season.
Im all with this trade idea....

Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 04:50 PM
Kachino

Quote:
The Penguins traded for Hossa after making the playoffs last year, then having an amazing rise to the top without Fleury and Malkin which showed that adding a big piece like that to this team would put it over the top and it did. It was a trade that even Shero sort of freaked out about after he had done it.
All true but you meant Crosby right?

Quote:
I think the Kings have the brightest future in the western conference to be honest, i just don't like their management in Lombardi and Crawford.
When Marc Crawford coached the Vancouver Canucks, he missed the playoffs during the first two years (which is exactly what's happening right now with the L.A. Kings) but was able to lead Vancouver in the playoffs for the next four years. It will be interesting to see how the Kings will fare next season..

Dean Lombardi was able to build a strong core in San Jose with guys like Marleau, Stuart, Hannan, Sturm, Nabokov, Cheechoo, Toskala, Clowe, Ehrhoff... Unfortunately for him, he was fired after the 2002-03 season. So for building a strong core, he's qualified for the job but will he be able to make the right moves in order for the Kings to be Stanley Cup contender? Only time will tell...

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet View Post
I would make the deal if we pull it off. Montreal looses Komi off the roster today and get Vinny?? The depth Montreal has its about time to doing something like this.
Montreal can sign a Jason Smith type D-men in the UFA market and what is Montreal out? A couple picks and prospects!!!!

Komi is the type of player that is replacable in my opinion. He doesn't produce anything and is replaced by Streit late in games. Hes a big mean D-men who skates pretty well but not great. In a couple years that same player will be asking for 4-5million a season.
Im all with this trade idea....
Komi is a much, much better skater than Jason Smith.... its not even close.

A Jason Smith type would not replace Komi's hits, blocked shots, or even come close to giving you the same value.

Sure he doesn't put up the flashy numbers; but you really underestimate Komisarek's game and value to the team here.... Theres a reason why guys like Pierre McGuire go gaga over this guy, and if you can't see the difference between him and Jason Smith, well then you really know nothing about what a shutdown defensive defenceman looks like.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 05:21 PM
CanadaIsHockey

Komisarek + Halak + 2nd rounder

No way!!!!!
Komisarek is the type of Deffensemen any team in the NHL would love to have.
Now that we have a guy like him, you wanna trade him?
Hmmmm i don't get it, is this supposed to be a joke? Cause if it is... its not funnyyyyyyyy!!!

CanadaIsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

I don't want to trade him, I just wanted to create discussion...I realize the value of Komi on this team.

Plus the immense man crush for vinny, maybe this is how a player like Vinny can be pried from Tampa, I dunno...I just wanted discussion.

Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 05:54 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Hab_Fan View Post
It is said the L.A. Kings are looking for a young Defenseman. If the kings are dangling the number two overall Pick...Do you think Komisarek and a Prospect(s) would be enticing?
You would trade Mike Komisarek *and* a prospect to acquire a draft pick?

Why would you do that?

What would the point of that transaction be? How on earth would that make Montreal better?

FerrisRox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 06:03 PM
Garnet

Jason Smith lead his team in block shots (47) and hits (56) in the playoffs. Leading in hits on one of the most phyiscial teams in the league.
I agree Komi skating is quicker but Smith doesn't run around in the D zone nearly as much as Komi. This is do to experience.
Smith is an excellent leader and captain of most teams he's played on. Edmonton, Toronto, Philly and Team Canada. Hes a heart and soul guy that most teams needs especially the Habs.
Basically the margin isn't very large between these 2 players. Not as large as you tend to believe but thats your opinion.

You would take Komi, picks, prospects, For Vinny and UFA Smith??? I know I would.

Can't trade Komi because Pierre says hes great, outstanding or whatever gaga means?? Ive watched hockey and the Habs since the 70's and Ive seen what greatness is and unfortunately Komi and greatness shouldn't be in the same sentence at this point. Komi is a good defenceman.

Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 06:11 PM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
You would trade Mike Komisarek *and* a prospect to acquire a draft pick?

Why would you do that?

What would the point of that transaction be? How on earth would that make Montreal better?
Don't misquote me, it seems you are trying to get a pissing match going with me. It would help if you read the WHOLE post.

Old
05-23-2008, 06:19 PM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
Why would we trade Komisarek (and a prospect) for a pick who may or may not pawn out in 3 or 4 years? And who may never be as good as Komisarek is?
Goldthorpe,

You got it dude!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 06:22 PM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

Your also missing the point ND Irish, that pick would be used as a leverage to pry Vinny. Hence, Tampa would get the 1st and 2nd overall picks.

This would basically be a three way deal.

Old
05-23-2008, 06:22 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet View Post
Jason Smith lead his team in block shots (47) and hits (56) in the playoffs. Leading in hits on one of the most phyiscial teams in the league.
I agree Komi skating is quicker but Smith doesn't run around in the D zone nearly as much as Komi. This is do to experience.
Smith is an excellent leader and captain of most teams he's played on. Edmonton, Toronto, Philly and Team Canada. Hes a heart and soul guy that most teams needs especially the Habs.
Basically the margin isn't very large between these 2 players. Not as large as you tend to believe but thats your opinion.

You would take Komi, picks, prospects, For Vinny and UFA Smith??? I know I would.

Can't trade Komi because Pierre says hes great, outstanding or whatever gaga means?? Ive watched hockey and the Habs since the 70's and Ive seen what greatness is and unfortunately Komi and greatness shouldn't be in the same sentence at this point. Komi is a good defenceman.
Remember what Komi looked like from the start of the season till about the end of February.... thats the great defenceman that I'm talking about.... Not many defensive Ds in the East could touch him at that point.... He got hurt and fatigued and wasn't as good down the stretch and in the playoffs but Komisarek was at an All-Star level prior to that, its just that defensive recognition doesn't happen in the ASG. I remember the Bruins game where he destroyed half their team with huge hits; we were asking the question on this board if he was better than Markov??

Thats the D i expect next season and in the future, and thats the D I won't trade away right now. He's much better than Jason Smith, younger, faster, etc. Smith isn't the same D he was prior to the change in rules.

Old
05-23-2008, 06:24 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
No offense, but why the hell would LA trade up picking Doughty for another defenseman?? makes very LITTLE sense.

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 06:27 PM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

its said, they want a young defenseman who'll contribute now.

Old
05-23-2008, 06:31 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
No offense, but why the hell would LA trade up picking Doughty for another defenseman?? makes very LITTLE sense.
Komisarek is relatively young, and proven to be a great D in this league.... Doughty is no sure thing. Plus they'll be getting another very good prospect, and probably a defenceman like McDonagh, or Subban in this scenario. Its realistic from their point of view... but not from ours IMO.

Old
05-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Your also missing the point ND Irish, that pick would be used as a leverage to pry Vinny. Hence, Tampa would get the 1st and 2nd overall picks.

This would basically be a three way deal.

As I understand it..............
"Vinny" is scheduled to become a UFA in 2009 and...............
(as I understand it) he has a no trade clause and.................
(as I understand it) he (allegedly) doesn't want to play in Montreal.

If indeed all of the above are true, why would Gainey want to trade for the guy?

Let "Vinny" stay on in Tampa while they rebuild or sign (as a UFA) with the Avs (a more likely place for him to go if he does not re-sign in Tampa)!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 07:29 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
I second that.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 08:03 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
Try None.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Yeah but they have Crawford, he's an idiot. If the Avs and Canucks realized it, i don't get why the Kings won't. I guess he's their version of our Edzo or something. The Kings do have a very good nucleus and it makes no sense how they do soo poorly aside from just being extremely poorly coached by Crawford. I actually don't mind the Kings, i am a fan of Brown, Cammalleri, Kopitar and Frolov as well, i think Bernier will be a damn good goaltender in the near future.

The Penguins traded for Hossa after making the playoffs last year, then having an amazing rise to the top without Fleury and Malkin which showed that adding a big piece like that to this team would put it over the top and it did. It was a trade that even Shero sort of freaked out about after he had done it.

I think the Kings have the brightest future in the western conference to be honest, i just don't like their management in Lombardi and Crawford. I've liked the kinda a little since the days of Kurri, Sandstrom, Robitaille, Blake (old days lol), and even Granato. Of course this all started back in 1991.
In my opinion Mark Crawford is actually one of the best coach the league has ever had but offensive-minded coachs like Crawford, Tortorella, Quinn, etc...will become instinct very soon because everybody is doing the trap now. And the coachs don't even care about anymore they just decided that that's the way hockey should be played. Even teams with offensive powers like the Penguins and the Red Wings are doing more of a team-first, defensive trapping-minded system. It's become an art-form for these guys and guys who have more of a forechecking wide-open style cannot match that. It's sad but that's just the way it is. And that's a big reason why LA and Tampa has had a problem. I will even say that Crosby being injured in the season was the best thing that could have happened to the Penguins. Because it allowed Therrien to impliment a stronger, defensive system, a sort of Devils-like ultimate trap. They play that way, wait for their opponants' mistakes and since they have the offensive capability to hurt you at any times, the counter-strike can be deadly. It's pretty much block, block, in the neutral zone then counter-strike.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 11:43 PM
MM425

Doughty and Bogosian are pretty much NHL ready...Whoever LA drafts at number 2 will in all likelyhood be playing for them next year.

What would be the point in trading the pick again?

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2008, 12:33 AM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Don't misquote me, it seems you are trying to get a pissing match going with me. It would help if you read the WHOLE post.
Yeah, I read the whole post. I didn't even bother with the laughable pipe dream about acquiring LeCavalier.

FerrisRox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

I wouldn't trade Komisarek

Trade O'Byrne for Frolov

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2008, 09:50 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaIsHockey View Post
Komisarek + Halak + 2nd rounder
Give them Ryder too,we still have his rights until July 1st

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2008, 10:07 AM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
If im not mistaken, I also heard somewhere that Malkin had already mentioned he wouldn't do like Crosby and agree to a hometown discount.
I believe you are mistaken. A couple of weeks ago on the Hot Stove, they noted that Malkin's agent has already stated that he won't be taking a hometown discount. Why would he take a discount to be the #2 superstar in Pittsburgh when he'd be the #1 guy in any other hockey market besides Washington?

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote