HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster Update for NHL 08 for PC??

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2008, 08:23 PM
dlandry77

vCash: 500
Roster Update for NHL 08 for PC??

Hey I am looking for a roster update for NHL 08 on the PC. I am hoping it will have players such as Price and Sergei Kostitsyn.

Does anyone know if there was one made this year for the PC???

I am pretty sure there won't be another PC NHL game made again. Oh well!

If so, do you know where to download? I am hoping video game hockey will get me through the dry summer.

GO HABS GO

2009 seems like a good year!

Old
05-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

www.hockeydownloads.com

There is a plethora of mods for the game as well.
From jerseys to in-game player faces to goalie equipment and arenas.

I highly recommend PNHL08. Makes a huge difference in the game.

Old
05-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Kachino

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlandry77 View Post
Hey I am looking for a roster update for NHL 08 on the PC. I am hoping it will have players such as Price and Sergei Kostitsyn.

Does anyone know if there was one made this year for the PC???

I am pretty sure there won't be another PC NHL game made again. Oh well!

If so, do you know where to download? I am hoping video game hockey will get me through the dry summer.

GO HABS GO

2009 seems like a good year!
If they do, they really have to change the entire thing. NHL 08 PC--> NHL 07 PC --> NHL 06 PC...

Old
05-08-2008, 10:47 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
I take it PC sports games aren't financially viable anymore. Hell, they don't make Madden anymore.

Old
05-08-2008, 11:29 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
I take it PC sports games aren't financially viable anymore. Hell, they don't make Madden anymore.
Well the core flaw is that the controls basically don't work for sports games on a PC. Of any kind of game, they're the most console friendly and the least PC friendly.

It's a shame, but I wouldn't take the lack of Madden on the PC as the death of the PC game. Maybe the PC sports game, but that's not necessarily the same thing.

Old
05-09-2008, 08:59 AM
dlandry77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
www.hockeydownloads.com

Thanks, I will give it a try.

Old
05-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Brisk-Illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Well the core flaw is that the controls basically don't work for sports games on a PC. Of any kind of game, they're the most console friendly and the least PC friendly.

It's a shame, but I wouldn't take the lack of Madden on the PC as the death of the PC game. Maybe the PC sports game, but that's not necessarily the same thing.
I would say the core flaw is the lack of practical offline multiplayer.

The whole fun of sports games is playing with someone sitting next to you, when was the last time you've played an offline multiplayer game on PC ?

Old
05-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk-Illusion View Post
I would say the core flaw is the lack of practical offline multiplayer.

The whole fun of sports games is playing with someone sitting next to you, when was the last time you've played an offline multiplayer game on PC ?
That's part of what I was getting at. The basic interface with a PC just doesn't lend itself to sports games.

There is the problem you mentioned: it's hard to play with another real person.

There is also the basic fact that mouse and keyboards don't work well for fast reactions and precise movements, at least not in the presentation or context of most sports games.

You can buy controllers, even Xbox 360 controllers, for your PC and eliminate both these issues, but then you get developers facing the fact that they pretty much have to develop for the lowest common denominator and cannot assume people have bought controllers, let alone a specific one, as would be required to develop features that leverage it.

Thus, sports games on the PC have issues.

Old
05-09-2008, 11:43 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
That's part of what I was getting at. The basic interface with a PC just doesn't lend itself to sports games.

There is the problem you mentioned: it's hard to play with another real person.

There is also the basic fact that mouse and keyboards don't work well for fast reactions and precise movements, at least not in the presentation or context of most sports games.

You can buy controllers, even Xbox 360 controllers, for your PC and eliminate both these issues, but then you get developers facing the fact that they pretty much have to develop for the lowest common denominator and cannot assume people have bought controllers, let alone a specific one, as would be required to develop features that leverage it.

Thus, sports games on the PC have issues.
Also counsels can be more easily connected to bigger and better tvs where pcs are usually limited to computer monitors. Yes i know its possible to hook them to a tv, but the fact is i don't think its done as often as with counsel game systems.

There is something really cool about playing NHL 08 on my buddies XBOX360 on a giant HD tv.

Old
05-10-2008, 02:33 AM
dlandry77

Thanks for the site, it has a whole bunch of cool stuff.

Yeah I agree it seems like consoles are running the video game industry now. Apparently last year only 14% of pc sales made up the entire pie of profit for video games. I am pretty happy that I did not buy a gaming computer like planned.

Old
05-10-2008, 09:36 AM
Lucius

Quote:
Thanks for the site, it has a whole bunch of cool stuff.

Yeah I agree it seems like consoles are running the video game industry now. Apparently last year only 14% of pc sales made up the entire pie of profit for video games. I am pretty happy that I did not buy a gaming computer like planned.
Well it all depends on the kind of games you like. If you like shooters, strategy games, MMOs or RPGs, then PC gaming is still the place to be.

Old
05-10-2008, 04:47 PM
jean004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieremania View Post
Also counsels can be more easily connected to bigger and better tvs where pcs are usually limited to computer monitors. Yes i know its possible to hook them to a tv, but the fact is i don't think its done as often as with counsel game systems.

There is something really cool about playing NHL 08 on my buddies XBOX360 on a giant HD tv.
Always seems to give me an error when I try to download the PNHL file....got frustrated and closed the site down.

Old
05-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Dwayne Roloson

Send a message via AIM to Dwayne Roloson
as someone mentioned. www.hockeydownloads.com. you can change your whole game. love that site

Old
05-11-2008, 06:35 PM
dlandry77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne Roloson View Post
as someone mentioned. www.hockeydownloads.com. you can change your whole game. love that site
Yeah, i just updated my game its awesome now. Goalie masks, music and roster updates its pretty cool.

Apparently they are making NHL 09 for the PC to, There was rumor it was dead but I guess it should be out with the rest. Hopefully it is next gen.

Old
05-11-2008, 07:47 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean004 View Post
Always seems to give me an error when I try to download the PNHL file....got frustrated and closed the site down.
You should describe your problem to the people on the site. Most of them a quite courteous in helping people with their problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieremania View Post

Yeah Sports games will always be better on consoles without a shadow of a doubt.

But I think they are neglecting what is a HUGE market.
If they put 2 braincells worth of brainpower into their multiplayer system I staunchly believe that a free matchmaking system over the internet would open up to a lot more people than consoles.

You wouldn't need to look farther than the way Blizzard Entertainment setup Battle.net for their Real-Time Strategy games.

It's all free and the matchmaking system is as good as it gets in terms of online games.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but, 1 game sold for multiple people (offline multiplayer) < 1 game sold to each person to play online.

Last edited by Sined: 05-11-2008 at 07:55 PM.
Old
05-15-2008, 01:27 PM
dlandry77

Quote:
You should describe your problem to the people on the site. Most of them a quite courteous in helping people with their problems.

Yeah Sports games will always be better on consoles without a shadow of a doubt.

But I think they are neglecting what is a HUGE market.
If they put 2 braincells worth of brainpower into their multiplayer system I staunchly believe that a free matchmaking system over the internet would open up to a lot more people than consoles.

You wouldn't need to look farther than the way Blizzard Entertainment setup Battle.net for their Real-Time Strategy games.

It's all free and the matchmaking system is as good as it gets in terms of online games.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but, 1 game sold for multiple people (offline multiplayer) < 1 game sold to each person to play online.
To be honest with you, that is brillant.

I think if there was an online system where you could have a season against everyone internationally that would be sweet. Somehow make it so you could trade players with others across the world which is in that season you are in.

However the console hockey looks way better and plays better than the PC version. I think if they did that with the updated graphics and somehow incorporated online seasons that would be incredible.

Old
05-21-2008, 07:03 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

nhl 2008 pc related question (cant find thread)

There was a thread on the subject on the habs board. I made a search for it and couldnt find it anywhere (habs board/entertainment/geek).

Someone posted a link to a site that has all kinds of awesome updates/mods for the game.

If anybody's got that link somewhere, please post it here. Id love to find that again.

thanks

Old
05-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Louis Houde

Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
There was a thread on the subject on the habs board. I made a search for it and couldnt find it anywhere (habs board/entertainment/geek).

Someone posted a link to a site that has all kinds of awesome updates/mods for the game.

If anybody's got that link somewhere, please post it here. Id love to find that again.

thanks
nhldepot.de

Old
05-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Kachino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post

thanks
Are you looking for this thread?
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=515223

Old
05-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Beakermania*

If your search isn't working properly, clear your cache.

Old
05-21-2008, 07:37 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

thanks boys!

Old
05-21-2008, 08:28 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

Quote:
www.hockeydownloads.com

please tell me how to use this...

i dl it, and dl the import08 tool

now what?? how to i add this stuff?

Old
05-23-2008, 09:38 PM
dlandry77

Hey,

There is a read me file when you upload it and gives you instruction.

You copy all the files in the main NHL 08 folder and run PNHL08 install file. But it shows some files which need to go in your NHL08 file for saving your games. Usually in my documents some where depending of where you saved it.
When the PNHL08 is installing it gives you instructions as you go.

Example picking between TSN, FSN or CBC for scoreboard and other.

If you find that read me file its pretty easy with the instructions.

Hope this helps.

Old
05-23-2008, 10:58 PM
SOLR

Quote:

This isnt true. You can buy a 100% console quality controller for the PC and many(like myself) are still better(way) on a keyboard than most "console" users could possibly become with their controller.

Old
05-23-2008, 11:06 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

Quote:
Hey,

There is a read me file when you upload it and gives you instruction.

You copy all the files in the main NHL 08 folder and run PNHL08 install file. But it shows some files which need to go in your NHL08 file for saving your games. Usually in my documents some where depending of where you saved it.
When the PNHL08 is installing it gives you instructions as you go.

Example picking between TSN, FSN or CBC for scoreboard and other.

If you find that read me file its pretty easy with the instructions.

Hope this helps.
my txt file was empty

but i ended up figuring it out anyways

thanks though

Closed Thread