HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Manny for Emery?

Old
05-22-2008, 05:29 PM
PlayMakers

vCash: 500
Manny for Emery?

Both goalies have negative trade value- Manny because of his injury and Emery because of his attitude. But both guys could rebound strong, and both teams could benefit from the swap...

The B's would save ~ $1.25M in cap space this year, and although they add $2M in total contract dollars, they get a young (24) goalie with Cup final experience to be Thomas's 1b.

Ottawa gets to rid themselves of their scapegoat without a buyout, and gets a potential 1a/1b type to split time with Gerber in an otherwise barren goalie market.

PlayMakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 05:42 PM
Red Dragon

Id rather see the sens take the 500k cap hit then take on a bigger salary.

Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 05:45 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Grace Personified

Fernandez is the far better goalie...though, I'm not sure if Ottawa would be looking to add to their payroll with, at best, a split-time guy in Fernandez...

It would be great for Emery, who was made to look so good behind Phillips and Volchenkov during that Cup run, would put up great numbers in Boston because of their system (see: Thomas, Tim; Auld, Alex)...it might actually trick people into believing that Emery is a top 50 goalie in the NHL...

The opinions on this trade are probably gonna vary quite a bit...the people that think Fernandez is a capable starter, the people that think Emery is even average, the people that think Emery has "potential," the people that think Fernandez is washed up and was a product of a system in Minnesota...should be interesting...

YouTube Channel: The Two-Line Pass - Hockey news, knowledge, video breakdowns and more: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKAI...52Q577Q/videos

Latest installments:Ep. 2 - Cody Franson Overplayed His Hand

Ep. 3 - NHL Expansion Process
Mike Farkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 05:55 PM
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey287 View Post
Fernandez is the far better goalie...though, I'm not sure if Ottawa would be looking to add to their payroll with, at best, a split-time guy in Fernandez...

It would be great for Emery, who was made to look so good behind Phillips and Volchenkov during that Cup run, would put up great numbers in Boston because of their system (see: Thomas, Tim; Auld, Alex)...it might actually trick people into believing that Emery is a top 50 goalie in the NHL...

The opinions on this trade are probably gonna vary quite a bit...the people that think Fernandez is a capable starter, the people that think Emery is even average, the people that think Emery has "potential," the people that think Fernandez is washed up and was a product of a system in Minnesota...should be interesting...
Hold up Ray is much better then that. Yes he had a horrible year on and off ice but this guy has not his abilities. He is a very competitive character and I would be shocked if he were to disappear from the NHL. He is a number 1 goaltender. many things happened this year and he just wasn't focused and the off season surgery may have been a big contributor to his poor results(how could of shape was he really in? How was the wrist?). Gerber had an amazing 16 games while Emery was injured. Emery most likely felt that Gerber was being handed the starting role after Ray took the team to the finals and deserved it(Also happened when Ray took over for Dominik Hasek and proved he could handle the job but they go and sign Gerber). I'm pretty confident a change in location will be crucial to Emery once again proving he can be a number one.

Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 09:56 PM
SpezDispenser

I actually think Ray Emery's a way better goaltender. I would be real nervous trading him to a division rival. I think you end up regretting it...

Mind you, if we buy him out, it could happen anyway.

Still....I'll take my chances.

No.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 10:32 PM
McNasty

The sens know how Emery can play, especially with a chip on his shoulder, if hes traded it would be to the west I would think.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 10:38 PM
MG91

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
The sens know how Emery can play, especially with a chip on his shoulder, if hes traded it would be to the west I would think.
But not because of his play.. Because the sens don't wanna get ****kicked by him

MG91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 12:26 AM
T_Cage
VP of Awesome

forget Manny, trade Emery to us for Raycroft

T_Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2008, 07:26 AM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey287 View Post

It's working for Fleury right now. Do you think Pittsburgh will do the smart thing and just let him get picked up off of an offer sheet while his stock is grossly inflated? Or will they fall for their own trap?

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2008, 09:59 AM
mkearney913
Bob Ross

I'd be for it. Fernandez is the better goalie, Rayzor gets a new start, it'd be decent. The only downside is Manny's salary for the Sens.

mkearney913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Grace Personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
It's working for Fleury right now. Do you think Pittsburgh will do the smart thing and just let him get picked up off of an offer sheet while his stock is grossly inflated? Or will they fall for their own trap?
If you can't see the talent differential between Fleury and Emery, then we have a serious, serious problem on our hands...

Mike Farkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2008, 02:00 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 0
Makes more sense for the sens to buy and leaves thei options open

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote