HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This is the year

Old
05-25-2008, 03:29 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

vCash: 500
This is the year

I just figured I'd bring this up...
Jagr once said that his father said he played the best hockey at age 37 and a few years ago, it seemed like Jagr was waiting for it.
So if we resign him, I'm thinking he may be extra motivated this year, because of the whole age 37 thing.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2008, 04:08 PM
Vitto79

dude, every yr could be the yr

I think given the FA list sucks and Jagr wants to come back it happens

if their was a better list I would think different ...........plus Dubi will benefit from another yr with Jags

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2008, 05:08 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
dude, every yr could be the yr

I think given the FA list sucks and Jagr wants to come back it happens

if their was a better list I would think different ...........plus Dubi will benefit from another yr with Jags
lol I didn't mean the year as in a cup or something... I just mean the year that Jagr was talking about 2 yrs or go or w/e in the interview. He said he was excited to play at 37.

Old
05-25-2008, 10:41 PM
mnorman1

Send a message via AIM to mnorman1
We will never win a cup with the infamous Renney/Sather combo.

mnorman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2008, 10:57 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

I don't know much about Jagr's father and his playing career, but a brief check does not lead me to much information about one.

If so, I find it funny a guy who as far as I know played beer league hockey, said year 37 was his best ever..

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2008, 11:42 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 2380
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnorman1 View Post
Yea because it's their fault we ran into Crosby, Hossa, a Fleury on a hot streak and a Malkin playing out of his mind.

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 12:45 AM
TheHotRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnorman1 View Post
we probably won't, but we'll be competetive.

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 06:22 AM
eco's bones

As long as the Dolan's own the team Glen Sather is not going anywhere--except maybe into retirement some day. His track record for picking coaches before Renney was not very good. To go back to this years playoffs--the Rangers were marginally outplayed by the Pens--at least in the sense that a case could be made that every game in the series could have had a different outcome. One major difference was Pittsburgh's top end talent--and the reason why Pittsburgh has so much is because they sucked so bad for a long period of time--for us to catch up some day we'd have to be the worst team in the league for 4 seasons in a row. It wasn't any super intelligence that got them to where they are today--it was just a bad hockey team from the top on down. Unfortunately matching against them now only gets harder for the next several years. I think the gap widens as the Crosby's and Malkin's get more experienced. There is only so much a coach can do to prepare his team to play against a team with a superstar each on its two top lines. Blaming him for the team losing this year seems a bit unfair. Jumping all over guys like Tyutin seems unfair as well.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 06:26 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
I don't know much about Jagr's father and his playing career, but a brief check does not lead me to much information about one.

If so, I find it funny a guy who as far as I know played beer league hockey, said year 37 was his best ever..
Jagrs dad have never played hockey, atleast not from I know of, he basically told Jaromir that he was the strongest and most fit in general in his late 30's.

Jags dad is involved with the Kladno -- he wants JJ to play a couple of years there to finnish his career...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 11:41 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Jagrs dad have never played hockey, atleast not from I know of, he basically told Jaromir that he was the strongest and most fit in general in his late 30's.

Jags dad is involved with the Kladno -- he wants JJ to play a couple of years there to finnish his career...
ok that must have been it, i just remember the age 37 and something about Jagr saying being excited to play at that age and it had something to do with his dad.