HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

NHL Rumor Sites

Old
05-25-2008, 10:23 PM
dlandry77

vCash: 500
NHL Rumor Sites

I am not sure if anyone has made a post like this before but I am getting pretty bored since hockey is over.

I was wondering if people could post some sites that they use for NHL rumors, even though the rumors might not come true, it is fun to read.

Here are some that I know that are real rumor sites, some given from people on this thread. Thanks:
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/
www.spectorshockey.net
http://www.kuklaskorner.com/ Have not tried this one but maybe it is good

Added:
http://brochuishockey.blogspot.com
http://everythinghockey.blogspot.com
http://www.*******************/nhl/nhl-rumors.html
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NHL.aspx

Edited: This is one for pure Entertainment. I think I noted that before but, oh well.
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/
Rumors never come true.

Give fans more sites to chose. I am not here to say which ones are crap or not. More perspective and ideas for sites.

Thanks everybody for the sites so far

GO HABS GO

Last edited by dlandry77: 05-26-2008 at 01:08 PM.
dlandry77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2008, 10:26 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Those are the only 3 I check from time to time like trade deadline of free agency,usualy I just wait until it's on TSN.

My favorite is the fourth period,the other 2 are a waste of time

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2008, 10:32 PM
SpreeEndaz

hockeytraderumors.com is full of **** and last time I checked, anyone can post their rumors on there. I suggest you check out spectorshockey.net instead and kuklaskorner.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2008, 10:56 PM
dlandry77

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
hockeytraderumors.com is full of **** and last time I checked, anyone can post their rumors on there. I suggest you check out spectorshockey.net instead and kuklaskorner.
Thanks for the new ones, no need for profanity

Old
05-25-2008, 11:39 PM
Kriss E

you dont really need 5 rumor sites..
fourthperiod and spectorshockey will give you legit rumors..hockeybuzz is a pure entertainment rumor site..

You don't really need any other..

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 02:03 AM
Bubbles
Tank for Tyler2016

vCash: 200
Brochu is Hockey...the link is in my sig. Mostly Euro rumors.

Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 06:33 AM
SpreeEndaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlandry77 View Post
Thanks for the new ones, no need for profanity
Ok then, hockeytraderumors is full of failure, is that better ?

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 06:37 AM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
I am pretty sure you are Eklund.. trying anyway possible to get us back to your chit... i dont want to go and give money to someone.. who post.. lies.. and because its all lies.. then.. its suppose to be funny. i wont hit his page anymore.. at all, as much as possible. this guy is laughing about you guys and we reward him with cash.. if people want to post funny things.. say its pure fiction.. instead of lying to the poor not so knowledge hockey fans. as for other site, sure i dont mind.. for fun, i had enough of.. real legitimate rumours... it never happens... sniff sniff.

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 06:51 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This is a good site where rumours are taken from major news papers and linked with a paragraph summary. There is no commentary.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 09:56 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20 View Post
I am pretty sure you are Eklund.. trying anyway possible to get us back to your chit... i dont want to go and give money to someone.. who post.. lies.. and because its all lies.. then.. its suppose to be funny. i wont hit his page anymore.. at all, as much as possible. this guy is laughing about you guys and we reward him with cash.. if people want to post funny things.. say its pure fiction.. instead of lying to the poor not so knowledge hockey fans. as for other site, sure i dont mind.. for fun, i had enough of.. real legitimate rumours... it never happens... sniff sniff.
That's a pretty big accusation Crusher20, do you have proof to back up what you're saying? Or are you just talking **** because you don't like the man?
-------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris La Tigre View Post

This is a good site where rumours are taken from major news papers and linked with a paragraph summary. There is no commentary.
Thanks BLT, I just added it to my favorites.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 05-26-2008 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 10:00 AM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
That's a pretty big accusation Crusher20, do you have proof to back up what you're saying? Or are you just talking **** because you don't like the man?
-------------------

MAYBE, just maybe.. you have been living in another dimension for the last 2-3 years.. but actually at one point.. eklund was not allowed in the HFBOARDS!!! as a fact his name was completely banned.. but.. hey.. dont believe me.. the reason why he was allowed back was he went to sportsnet blog for some time.. the guy is a joke.. anyway.. the more you will read him the more you will notice.

ask anyone with decent time on the board.. or knowledge on hockey.

EDIT : IF YOU REFER TO : all lies.. ok i push it.. lets say... 95%, but the problem is not the percentage.. the problem is that he does it in 100% knowledge he is putting this as sure things.. e4 or whatever it maybe.... in fact he knows its bs.. and yet the innocent will bite hard.. its fine.... just go and have fun.

I dont live with pink glasses anymore.

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20 View Post
MAYBE, just maybe.. you have been living in another dimension for the last 2-3 years.. but actually at one point.. eklund was not allowed in the HFBOARDS!!! as a fact his name was completely banned.. but.. hey.. dont believe me.. the reason why he was allowed back was he went to sportsnet blog for some time.. the guy is a joke.. anyway.. the more you will read him the more you will notice.

ask anyone with decent time on the board.. or knowledge on hockey.
Do you know how to read?

I asked if you had any proof to back up your statements. If that was too complicated of a question for you to handle, by all means I'm sorry.

I read all the time statements made by other posters that all Eklund does is lie and make stuff up. But I've never read anyone be able to back up what they say.

Edit: Personally I don't go and check out rumours on Eklund's site. There's really no need since someone usually posts what he says here anyways.

The real reason why I answered your post Crusher20, is that it's one thing to say that his site provides lousy info. Or even to say that you don't agree with any of his rumours.

But to come out and say that the majority of the rumours he spews out are outright lies, without proof is down right slanderous.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 05-26-2008 at 10:15 AM.
Old
05-26-2008, 11:06 AM
24Cups

Quote:
I read all the time statements made by other posters that all Eklund does is lie and make stuff up. But I've never read anyone be able to back up what they say.
I think the P.J. Stock set-up where Eklund took the bait -- hook, line, and sinker -- is an example that a load of his stuff is just plain made-up, or "borrowed" from other equally dubious sources.

I dare say 99% of all "rumors" coming from people in the rumor business, and I don't include Bob MacKenzie or the like in this group, are simply fabricated based on speculation (fit, disgruntled player, UFA, etc ...). These then get passed along with the tag "a reliable source" attached.

Mainstream media (e.g. Sportsnet, XM Radio, etc ...) cow-tow to these characters because the hockey world seems to thirst for their wares. I guess we're all responsible for the BS that gets passed along. I listen to Eklund on XM Radio like I watch snippets of Bill O'Reilly, as a reason to unload a bunch of F-bombs while driving home in the evening.

24Cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 11:15 AM
dlandry77

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
Ok then, hockeytraderumors is full of failure, is that better ?
No worries, I thought I mentioned it was a blogger site but oh well, no worries

Last edited by dlandry77: 05-26-2008 at 01:07 PM.
Old
05-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

An outright lie? How about the infamous day Eklund said so and so was extended to a contract...only to have that person traded? It was on sportsnet at last seasons trade deadline.

Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 12:06 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Rotoworld, This site started out with baseball a long time ago, but has grown to every sport. It's not a rumor site, but more of an information site. They seem to have eyeballs on what every newspaper in North America is printing on the players.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 12:12 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Cups View Post
I think the P.J. Stock set-up where Eklund took the bait -- hook, line, and sinker -- is an example that a load of his stuff is just plain made-up, or "borrowed" from other equally dubious sources.

I dare say 99% of all "rumors" coming from people in the rumor business, and I don't include Bob MacKenzie or the like in this group, are simply fabricated based on speculation (fit, disgruntled player, UFA, etc ...). These then get passed along with the tag "a reliable source" attached.

Mainstream media (e.g. Sportsnet, XM Radio, etc ...) cow-tow to these characters because the hockey world seems to thirst for their wares. I guess we're all responsible for the BS that gets passed along. I listen to Eklund on XM Radio like I watch snippets of Bill O'Reilly, as a reason to unload a bunch of F-bombs while driving home in the evening.
Very good point, that PJ Stock incident was quite embarassing. Thank you for bringing solid evidence as back up.

Personally, I don't know where his rumours start, or how he gets his information. He may have legit sources, or maybe he calls a psychic hotline. But I have seen him predict some trades way before anyone else in the mainstream media.

So to me that does prove that he does have a few legit sources. On the other hand I've seen some of his rumours that made me sit back and say "What the hell?".

Either way unless I hear/read information from people that are actually involved in a rumour. I never take any of the rumours I read seriously.

Edit: lol...You're Bill Reilly comparison made me laugh.
-------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater Ghost View Post
Rotoworld, This site started out with baseball a long time ago, but has grown to every sport. It's not a rumor site, but more of an information site. They seem to have eyeballs on what every newspaper in North America is printing on the players.

That is a very good site. I check it often to help me keep track of injuries and other issues that might effect players that I have in my hockey pool.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 05-26-2008 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old
05-26-2008, 04:21 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
-------------------

2 years ago Plekanec left the game early. Commentators thought it was a foot injury if i recall correctly. I sent Eklund an email telling him Plekanec had just been traded. Within minutes it was posted on his site...i guess i'm a good "legitimate" source. If i remember correctly Plekanec actually came back later in the game

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 04:23 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
2 years ago Plekanec left the game early. Commentators thought it was a foot injury if i recall correctly. I sent Eklund an email telling him Plekanec had just been traded. Within minutes it was posted on his site...i guess i'm a good "legitimate" source. If i remember correctly Plekanec actually came back later in the game
lol...good story and I knew from the first post of yours that I read that you were a legitimate souce.

Seriously I'm not protecting Eklund because he honestly puts out a lot of crap. But I do think on some of the rumours that he puts out that there is actually truth behind it.

I think it's up to us individually to figure out what is fact and what isn't.

Old
05-26-2008, 04:28 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
lol...good story and I knew from the first post of yours that I read that you were a legitimate souce.

Seriously I'm not protecting Eklund because he honestly puts out a lot of crap. But I do think on some of the rumours that he puts out that there is actually truth behind it.

I think it's up to us individually to figure out what is fact and what isn't.
maybe i should start my own blog

If i come up with things that don't come true i'll use the line:

"Guys, Keep having HabsoluteFate in me. Something will happen"

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 04:30 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
maybe i should start my own blog

If i come up with things that don't come true i'll use the line:

"Guys, Keep having HabsoluteFate in me. Something will happen"
lol, you know the funny thing is....that would probably work.

Old
06-06-2008, 12:01 AM
Bubbles
Tank for Tyler2016

vCash: 200
For a laugh, check out Peklund!

http://peklundthephoneyhockeyblogger.blogspot.com/

Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 08:28 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Rumors are rumors, I don't bother with them. When things happen that's all I care about.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote