HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Drury's baseball

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-25-2008, 10:05 PM
  #1
Ih8theislanders
Registered User
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,295
vCash: 500
Drury's baseball

Which baseball team drafted him?

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2008, 10:19 PM
  #2
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,342
vCash: 500
Awards:
I don't believe he was drafted.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2008, 10:22 PM
  #3
hgo
Registered User
 
hgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 7,890
vCash: 500
He was the star of the Trumbull, Connecticut team that won the Little League World Series in 1989.

I couldn't tell you what happened after that.

hgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2008, 10:23 PM
  #4
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,074
vCash: 500
He was no Tom Glavine...Drafted by the Kings 69th overall, ahead of Brett Hull and Luc Robitaille.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2008, 10:28 PM
  #5
pmorris
Registered User
 
pmorris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NYC Area
Country: United States
Posts: 652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
He was no Tom Glavine...Drafted by the Kings 69th overall, ahead of Brett Hull and Luc Robitaille.
wow, the kings must be kicking themselves right now.

I believe drury dropped baseball to focus on hockey full time somewhere between little league and high school.

pmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2008, 10:43 PM
  #6
Heat McManus
Registered User
 
Heat McManus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Alexandria, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtotheIzzo View Post
He was the star of the Trumbull, Connecticut team that won the Little League World Series in 1989.

I couldn't tell you what happened after that.
I was there and it was frickin' awesome. The Chinese Taipei team had been kicking the US' ass for about 10 years using kids who shouldn't have been in the competition.

Seeing the US win was great.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2008, 10:46 PM
  #7
Shark Staal
Woah
 
Shark Staal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vermont
Country: Germany
Posts: 16,609
vCash: 500
he stopped playing after high school he never announced he was availble to be drafted in baseball

Shark Staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2008, 11:08 PM
  #8
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
he stopped playing after high school he never announced he was availble to be drafted in baseball
you don't "announce" you're available to be drafted in baseball. you can get picked regardless.

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 08:16 AM
  #9
Ih8theislanders
Registered User
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,295
vCash: 500
Damn, I could've sworn I heard that he said he would go to which ever sport drafted him higher.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 06:32 PM
  #10
otto1219
Registered User
 
otto1219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 998
vCash: 500
im pretty sure the story goes like this. Drury was a stud in baseball. He breaks his arm, and cant play ball anymore, but realizes he could still play hockey with a cast on. and he just never looked back.

otto1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 07:02 PM
  #11
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15
 
BlueShirts88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,290
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by d a n n y View Post
Which baseball team drafted him?
Well, too bad he wasnt drafted into baseball...

Hell, that would mean no 7.7 second goal to tie it up, meaning we beat Buffalo and carry all that momentum and beat the Sens and Ducks in 8 games. Of course, this also means he doesnt sign with us this year, meaning we had extra cap room and trade for Hossa. Hossa doesnt score against us in Overtime and we win 4 straight games to beat Pittsburgh, then have home ice advantage and beat the Flyers. And then we would crush Detroit and find ourselves with two stanley cups in as many years.


Oh, why didnt the Mets draft Drury! My hockey team would have 2 championships and my baseball team would be competitive again!

__________________
"Matteau! Matteau! Matteau!"~H. Rose
BlueShirts88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 07:10 PM
  #12
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary
 
Lundqvist=Vezina's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: My world
Country: United States
Posts: 5,226
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto1219 View Post
im pretty sure the story goes like this. Drury was a stud in baseball. He breaks his arm, and cant play ball anymore, but realizes he could still play hockey with a cast on. and he just never looked back.
Yeah, something like that. I know he quit baseball after he broke his arm or his wrist, sometime in high school I believe.

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 07:53 PM
  #13
hlundqvist30*
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Well, too bad he wasnt drafted into baseball...

Hell, that would mean no 7.7 second goal to tie it up, meaning we beat Buffalo and carry all that momentum and beat the Sens and Ducks in 8 games. Of course, this also means he doesnt sign with us this year, meaning we had extra cap room and trade for Hossa. Hossa doesnt score against us in Overtime and we win 4 straight games to beat Pittsburgh, then have home ice advantage and beat the Flyers. And then we would crush Detroit and find ourselves with two stanley cups in as many years.


Oh, why didnt the Mets draft Drury! My hockey team would have 2 championships and my baseball team would be competitive again!
rofl....

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.