HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cammallerie

Old
05-26-2008, 03:57 PM
chef223

vCash: 500
Look I'm a Leaf fan so automatically people think that I overvalue my own players. That being said Kubina for Cammy is not a crazy trade idea at all as far as Kubina and Poni for cammy and a pick that is a great deal for LA. Blake is going to retire soon, Cammalerri is lost in LA , with Frolov, Kopitar, O'sullivan, Brown all getting top line minutes. Cammy is from Ontario wants to play on the Leafs , and is a UFA in a year's time anyway. LA is going to lose Mike , hence the arbitration and they need to solidify their backend. Their is a rumour that Edmonton would offer Pitkanen for Cammy, and honestly look at the minutes , the points and the penalty minutes that Kubina puts up in comparison to Pitkanen. Since Joni is an RFA and is looking for 5 million dollars a year , Kubina and Poni , a twenty goal scorer , is a great deal for a young talented team stocked with forwards like LA.

chef223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 04:47 PM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

For some reason I see him in Buffalo ?

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 05:17 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
Not sure what Buffalo has that we would want.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 06:49 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
what is that reason ???

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 07:07 PM
John Belushi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
what is that reason ???
Cammy is the last player Buffalo needs. Personally, I see him going to Detroit or the Islanders. Both teams could use some young secondary scoring. I'd mention the Canucks but I'd think he'd be redundant with D. Sedin and Raymond, with a possibility of Naslund occupying the top-2 LW spots.

John Belushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Kaptain Bégin

I see him with NYI too...but I just don't know who they should trade. They need picks and young players, and I see LA wanting picks and young players.

Kaptain Bégin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 07:47 PM
SCinSJ
Sith Lord Burns

Carle

SCinSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 07:49 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Belushi View Post
Cammy is the last player Buffalo needs. Personally, I see him going to Detroit or the Islanders. Both teams could use some young secondary scoring. I'd mention the Canucks but I'd think he'd be redundant with D. Sedin and Raymond, with a possibility of Naslund occupying the top-2 LW spots.
MC wants $5m-$6m based.He's a ufa in 2009.

Based on recent comments by Snow and the isles best beatwriter,Greg Logan,I don't see the isles giving him that kind of payday or giving up any kind of high picks/quality prospects for 1 yr of MC.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 07:50 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptain Bégin View Post
I see him with NYI too...but I just don't know who they should trade. They need picks and young players, and I see LA wanting picks and young players.
Exactly.The isles prospect pool's pretty thin.They want to add young talent.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 08:18 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
MC wants $5m-$6m based.He's a ufa in 2009.

Based on recent comments by Snow and the isles best beatwriter,Greg Logan,I don't see the isles giving him that kind of payday or giving up any kind of high picks/quality prospects for 1 yr of MC.
I got no interest in Cammy. Talented kid, but not exactly a Ted Nolan type of player.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
I got no interest in Cammy. Talented kid, but not exactly a Ted Nolan type of player.
Isn't Nolan known for getting the most out of his bench? Or at least more than he should?

Old
05-27-2008, 12:32 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Technically neither is Mike Comrie. But...

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2008, 12:51 PM
Judge Sauer*

What would the Kings want from the Habs?

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2008, 01:53 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Two things:

1. Boudreau said that Cammi is the closest player to Ovechkin he's ever coached. Take that FWIW cause a lot of it could be admiration for the person and AHL player rather than the NHL player.

2. During a fan training camp in August at El Segundo coach Crawford and Johnson were telling us about their strategies for motivating the team through vignettes of popular movies. One lesson was about how working together as a team, each person could still achieve individual success (A Beautiful Mind). Paraphrasing Crawford: "What we trying to achieve is telling someone like Cammi yes you can still get the production and earn the contract you want while playing within our team system."

Once again you can take that FWIW but it was interesting that the scenario could apply to any player, and more specifically to one who is about to be a free agent. But Crawford specifically mentioned Cammi to us. A player who was under contract for two more years.

After spending two days with the coaching staff, it was obvious to me that they knew their goalie situation was horrific and that their lockerroom was full of individuals (especially given the 5 new UFA they just brought in).

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2008, 01:54 PM
R0CKET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao View Post
Cammalleri's value around the league isn't very high.

One reason is that he's small and can get knocked around easily, but the main reason is that it's pretty clear that he will go wherever the money takes him, so nobody will give up major assets for only one year of Cammalleri, as it will be difficult to re-sign him.
It will not be very easy to get him under contract for sure and I do see your point about that.

But let’s consider his talent based upon the effectiveness of his performance over the last 3 years. He has 79 goals and 103 assists. Those are some fairly remarkable stats, especially when you consider that he has played on a team rebuilding that is very weak and certainly hasn't had another regular star quality player along-side him like say the Sedin's have had.

Take a look at the Sedin's. Henrik is an awesome playmaker (188 assist in 3 yrs) and netted only 43 goals. But remember he gets top line time and plays with Daniel who is also a star quality scorer. Daniel has scored 87 goals (only 8 more than Cammi) but gets to play with a stellar playmaker. I can imagine Cammi being somewhat comparable to Daniel in overall offensive effectiveness. Let’s say Cammi played with Henrik for an entire season, don't you imagine that he's score pretty much on par with Daniel?

I don't think Cammi is a good direct compare to Henrik but I do think he can be comparable in offensive effectiveness to Daniel and lets remember than Daniel is 2 years older than Cammi and went 22-48-71 when he was 25 (Cammi went 34-46-80 when he was 24).

So basing my points on the effectiveness of his statistical performance for 3 years I guess I would not be so fast to say he his value is not very high.

What Cammi is...is an proven scorer, and to team for that feels they are lacking that one essential piece he can be have more value than I think you are painting here.

Just my 2 cents.

R0CKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Epatt001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post

i personally like o'byrne, but it would take more than o'byrne to land cammy.

If cammy is traded it will be for a tough d-man.

Epatt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2008, 06:17 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
Somebody like Komisarek.

Old
05-28-2008, 06:37 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyug View Post
His value's probably as low as it will ever be coming off the abortion of a season he had last year. And what's this about being a true sniper? Cammalleri has offensive talent for sure but definitely not a sniper. He's a pretty balanced forward actually, offensively.
Not really. Cammalleri is closer to being a sniper than a balanced forward. Not for nothing he's that good on the PP.

He has some major flaws as forward in general.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 06:56 AM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Belushi View Post
I'd mention the Canucks but I'd think he'd be redundant with D. Sedin and Raymond, with a possibility of Naslund occupying the top-2 LW spots.
Isn't he just as good in all three forward positions?

Daniel Sedin is alright on the right side as well.

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 02:50 PM
Brandinho

Send a message via AIM to Brandinho Send a message via Skype™ to Brandinho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
Not really. Cammalleri is closer to being a sniper than a balanced forward. Not for nothing he's that good on the PP.

He has some major flaws as forward in general.
He hasn't had more goals than assists since 03-04 in the AHL, 20-19. His playmaking is underrated but in any case, calling him a "true sniper" is definitely hyperbolic. He's a guy with a chance to be a PPG player again with a healthy season but I don't ever see 50 goals coming from him.

Brandinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 03:04 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
Isn't he just as good in all three forward positions?

Daniel Sedin is alright on the right side as well.
I don't know about MoDo, but in Vancouver he hasn't been effective at all on the right side... the canucks have tried him there off and on over the past few seasons, and he's always been put back on the left side because he hasn't played as well on the right.

Even when they tried to put Naslund with the Sedins earlier in the year (and last year), Naslund was the one that was moved to the right side (although he's also better on the left) since he made the transition to the other wing a lot easier.

The other problem with adding Cammy to a team like the canucks is that he doesn't fit because of the type of player he is... the canucks problem last season wasn't only that they had a lack of depth in their top 6, but also that they had all similar players in those roles - basically soft non-physical forwards... it forced the team to use Pyatt exclusively in the top 6 because he was the only player there that actually brought some physical presence to the team... after the deadline they also put Pettinger in a top 6 role as well. These guys belong in the bottom 6, but without any other physical players, or any level of grit really in the top 6, they were subbed into those roles.

On a team that has their 3 top 6 current forwards as Daniel, Henrik and Raymond, you need to bring in some grit and sandpaper to compliment them in a top 6 role - especially when you are in an aggressive forechecking type system the canucks play. Cammy doesn't address that at all. And when you add in everything else - a UFA after this year, likely going to command a big contract, and has already gone to arbitration so you know it won't be easy to negotiate with him, basically all things considered, as a canuck fan I wouldn't be too interested in seeing him on the team.. and especially not for the price LA is likely going to ask.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Price4Prez

OByrne+Latendresse+2nd pick vs Cammalleri

Price4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneface Vimes View Post
Somebody like Komisarek.
Let's be realistic - there is no way that Cammi would return a player like Komi at this point. He's a UFA in a year, coming of a season where he totally melted down the second half after coming back from injury. I think he's got significant value, but throwing names like Komi out there who was locked up cheaply for a least a couple more years is crazy.

Beukeboom Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 05:07 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao View Post
He said that it was likely that Cammalleri would repeat his 80 point season. I said that there's an equal chance that he doesn't. What's wrong with that? You can't say that a player is going to repeat a good season, because there are so many elements of hockey that it's impossible.
He was pointing to the fact that it wasn't Cammy's sophomore year

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 05:09 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Price4Prez View Post
OByrne+Latendresse+2nd pick vs Cammalleri
If the fight is in the octagon, I think OByrne+Latendresse+2nd pick would win . It is 2 + a pick vs one midget. Plus..it's the octagon.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote