HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Jagr/Rangers to Begin Contract Negotiations Next Week -- Sather after Joni Pitkanen

Old
05-26-2008, 09:09 PM
NYRangers17

vCash: 500
I would really love to get rob schremp. i think that if he can resolve that character issues that he has he could be a great asset to the team because of his shot and great skill. That said and knowing Slats apparent interest in him i would propose this deal:

to NYR: schremp, Pitkanen

To EDM: prucha, toots, bourret, 2nd 08

if not this what changes could be made

Im a huge ranger fan but pretty new to this play GM thing so try not to flame too much.

NYRangers17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 09:46 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
I don't see Betts being moved this year. He anchors that 4th line and does it perfectly. He's cheap, he wins face offs, he is great defensively and he is a monster penalty killer. He has occasionally shown some offense but not much but again, he's a 4th line center so i'll cut him some slack there. No reason to rush Blair out the door as he is far from the problem on this team.

I think Prucha gets a long look in camp this year. We have some money but you don't want to spend to the cap every year. We have a bunch of holes to fill and being able to plug in a guy who knows the system and has shown that he is capable of scoring goals in the NHL, why go overpay for someone when you may have an answer in the locker room already. Avery, Jagr, Straka, and Shanny are all question marks and nobody knows what Slats will do. If he has to make a trade that involves a roster player, Dawes may bring more in return than Prucha at this point. Depends on what other teams feel. I'm not saying Prucha will definitely re-gain his 20+ goal scoring ability, but he could. That's all I'm saying.

The Rangers don't have the best track record when it comes to bringing in other team's players who are supposed to help out our offense. Why not give Petr something like 10-15 games with Gomez and see what happens? I just don't see him moved off the team just yet.
the main problems i have with prucha is that he is redundant, is paid more than the same type of players and is one-dimensional....

dawes - small, great vision and shot, works well with pretty much anyone you put him with, hard to knock off the puck, younger

callahan - plays hard every shift, harder to knock off the puck, great pker and defensive winger, younger

i just feel like prucha may need to be moved to save his career....he isnt going to get much of a chance here

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 10:24 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post

i just feel like prucha may need to be moved to save his career....he isnt going to get much of a chance here

I think you're right.

I think despite being a huge advocate of holding and developing the prospects, its time for Sather to make a deal to better the blueline with veteran talent.

Someones got to go

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2008, 10:40 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
I think you're right.

I think despite being a huge advocate of holding and developing the prospects, its time for Sather to make a deal to better the blueline with veteran talent.

Someones got to go
agreed, at some point, too much depth becomes a bad thing....and the rangers are getting close and closer to it

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote