HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A deal for Joni Pitkanen

Old
05-26-2008, 06:13 PM
mikesect424

vCash: 500
The Post said that the Rangers tried to get Pitkanen at the deadline, and that Sather will most definately try to get him over the summer.
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/edm080520.html

mikesect424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 09:21 PM
NYRangers17

i posted this on a different thread a few minutes ago but realized it might not be the right thread so ill post it here as well:

I would really love to get rob schremp. i think that if he can resolve that character issues that he has he could be a great asset to the team because of his shot and great skill. That said and knowing Slats apparent interest in him i would propose this deal:

to NYR: Schremp, Pitkanen

To EDM: prucha, tyutin, bourret, 2nd 08

if not this what changes could be made

Im a huge ranger fan but pretty new to this play GM thing so try not to flame too much.

NYRangers17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 09:37 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers17 View Post
i posted this on a different thread a few minutes ago but realized it might not be the right thread so ill post it here as well:

I would really love to get rob schremp. i think that if he can resolve that character issues that he has he could be a great asset to the team because of his shot and great skill. That said and knowing Slats apparent interest in him i would propose this deal:

Im a huge ranger fan but pretty new to this play GM thing so try not to flame too much.

might be okay, schremp for them might be a throw-in at this point considering his charecter issues....seems like it would be a schremp for bourret deal and idk if i would take that because bourret has a lot of grit and fire in him

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2008, 01:07 AM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers17 View Post

Schremp is by no means a throw in. He lead out farm team in scoring while learning to be a winger. He is strength training with the veterans in LA and is a big part of the oilers future. He is our only one shot scoring winger prospect. Our roster is full of passers at the NHL level he should fit in nicely.

I would suggest this as a proposal.

Pitkanen and Torres for Dubinsky and Tyutin.

Chayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2008, 01:11 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos1 View Post
Pitkanen and Torres for Dubinsky and Tyutin.
You're out of your mind, Pitkanen's value is not that high.

05-27-2008, 01:44 AM
voxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan444 View Post
You're out of your mind, Pitkanen's value is not that high.
I think it's closer to fair than the original proposal for the fact that the Oilers can't add any more forwards (i.e Prucha/Dawes) - they don't have trouble scoring and are actually trying to unload forwards for picks.

IMO Dubinksy's value is greater than Torres and Pitkanen's value is greater than Tyutin. In the end, I don't think either team makes the trade.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2008, 02:09 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
I think it's closer to fair than the original proposal for the fact that the Oilers can't add any more forwards (i.e Prucha/Dawes) - they don't have trouble scoring and are actually trying to unload forwards for picks.

IMO Dubinksy's value is greater than Torres and Pitkanen's value is greater than Tyutin. In the end, I don't think either team makes the trade.
I would not trade Dubinsky for Pitkanen AND Torres. I think Torres has hit his career potential (blah 2nd liner ooh 3rd liner) and until July 1st, the makeup of our lineup is in a holding pattern. Pitkanen has Tom Poti written all over him. Dubinsky on the other hand has not hit his ceiling by far. He could be as good as a 1B 1st liner.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2008, 02:24 AM
voxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I would not trade Dubinsky for Pitkanen AND Torres. I think Torres has hit his career potential (blah 2nd liner ooh 3rd liner) and until July 1st, the makeup of our lineup is in a holding pattern. Pitkanen has Tom Poti written all over him. Dubinsky on the other hand has not hit his ceiling by far. He could be as good as a 1B 1st liner.
He could be, but that's not his current value... and yes Torres has hit his potential (2nd/3rd liner - strong ES player - does not PK nor play on PP).

The reason the deal works is because Tyutin's value is not as high as an offensive D-men... Top-4 defensive D-men are worth less than top-4 two-way D-men which are at a current premium right now.

I had an approximate trade value chart in the Trade Board. I'd guess Tyutin's value would be a 2nd liner type... better than Torres but less than Vermette.

If I were the Rangers, I'd send an offersheet on Suter and give up a 1st, 2nd, 3rd. Weber and Bouwmeester will cost 4 x 1sts.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2008, 07:28 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:
He could be, but that's not his current value... and yes Torres has hit his potential (2nd/3rd liner - strong ES player - does not PK nor play on PP).

The reason the deal works is because Tyutin's value is not as high as an offensive D-men... Top-4 defensive D-men are worth less than top-4 two-way D-men which are at a current premium right now.

I had an approximate trade value chart in the Trade Board. I'd guess Tyutin's value would be a 2nd liner type... better than Torres but less than Vermette.

If I were the Rangers, I'd send an offersheet on Suter and give up a 1st, 2nd, 3rd. Weber and Bouwmeester will cost 4 x 1sts.

the deal doesn't work.

the Rangers get an upgrade on Tyutin but not that big to warrant losing Dubinsky who remember has played 1 full season, its not hard to understand that Dubinsky's value to the Rangers is far greater than his trade value to other teams.

if this was the sort of deal that Sather would settle for just to get Pitkanen i would be seriously pissed, Torres value right now should be where Prucha's is both have struggled lately and both could do with a change of scenery in my opinion.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2008, 08:12 AM
Ola

Quote:

Don't underestimate Dubinsky. You are judging him for his production this season -- against the Pens he was our best center hands down. Rember that it was his rookies season. He developed allot over the course of the season. Who knows how good he will be next season -- this kid have developed tremendously every year so far since he was drafted.

Dubinsky is a 1st line player already. If you look around in this league he is defenitly on par with plenty of 1st line players already. He isn't a franchise center though. And on a contender he is a ideal 2nd line center. But you don't trade a young, tough, homegrown 1st line center -- who is a perfect fit in your system, and in the Eastern Conference, and in the PO's -- for a D with questionmarks like Pitkänen.

I am not a big fan of the Philty org., but they completly trashed Pitkänen when he was traded. Pits also isn't all that good on the PP.

Also, I am not so sure about your top 4 two-way analogy. Pitkänen can't run a PP. How much is a offensive D who can't run a PP worth?

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2008, 12:03 PM
eco's bones

Ola's remarks are spot on. Most of Dubinsky's points came in the 2nd half--while playing with Jagr certainly helped--there are intangibles that Brandon has that shouldn't be overlooked. He's big and still seems to be growing. He has a great down low game around the net and in the corners. He is excellent cycling the puck--has good hands and sees the ice well. He's dangerous as a playmaker but also gritty enough to get dirty goals. What's more this is a kid who can lead a rush up the ice and make smart plays. As the season went on he got better and better at that. Beyond that he gives the Rangers size down the middle and is one of the few larger Ranger forwards--also a player who led rookie forwards in hits. Add several fights as well--though he does have a lot to learn there. I agree also he hit the playoffs running and was definitely amongst our top 3 forwards in the playoffs.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2008, 12:23 PM
Traktor*

Why do I keep seeing Prucha to the Oilers?

Prucha has ZERO value to Edmonton.

He isn't even close to good enough to take a top 6 spot from Cogs/Nilsson/Gagner and there is no way in hell that he will play on a checking line ahead of Brodziak/Moreau/Torres/Stoll/Pisani/Glenx

Again, he has zero value to Edmonton. In case some of you haven't noticed we already have too many 2nd rate players and will most likely be moving some at the draft. The last thing Lowe is going to do is bring in another one. And if he did it would be a gritty player with sandpaper that can drop the mitts.

Please stop proposing Prucha to the Oilers. Have some sense or effort and look at what Edmonton needs. A big scoring winger in the Brown/Lucic/Latendresse mold and a stay at home mean defensemen in the Volchenkov/Robyn Regehr mold. I don't want to come here and diss on your players but Tyutin isn't that defensemen. I'm not saying we can get the players listed for Pitkanen but that's Edmonton's needs and they're not going to trade Pitkanen just for the sake of trading him.

Something like Schremp for Lauri Korpikoski might make sense but other than that I don't see a deal.

You guys have to stop trying to trade Dawes too. I see a smaller Erik Cole in him. 25+ a year.

One last time: Prucha has ZERO value to Edmonton. Not even for a 5th. Keep him.

Traktor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2008, 12:31 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

The more I think about it, the only deal I'd do at this point with the Oilers is Prucha for Torres straight up.

Although the oilers board did counter someones offer with this:

Greene + Schremp for Tyutin

I really think Schremp could be the winger we're looking to put with Gomez. Greene is big, physical, fights and is defensively reliable but I'm not sure about his skating abilities. That doesn't mean I'm not sold on them, it just means I don't know how well he can skate.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2008, 12:45 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
The more I think about it, the only deal I'd do at this point with the Oilers is Prucha for Torres straight up.

Although the oilers board did counter someones offer with this:

Greene + Schremp for Tyutin

I really think Schremp could be the winger we're looking to put with Gomez. Greene is big, physical, fights and is defensively reliable but I'm not sure about his skating abilities. That doesn't mean I'm not sold on them, it just means I don't know how well he can skate.
i think if the rangers can trade for suter/weber/JBo and trade a couple of young roster players i would like torres on the third line as he is a big guy who provides grit and i think his style would compliment drury's very well

tyutin, sanguinetti, dawes, 1st 08

JBo

prucha

torres

jagr-dubi-avery
ryder-gomez-korpikoski
callahan-drury-torres
sjostrom-betts-orr/byers

staal-JBo
orpik-girardi
potter-smith

Old
05-27-2008, 02:11 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
i think if the rangers can trade for suter/weber/JBo and trade a couple of young roster players i would like torres on the third line as he is a big guy who provides grit and i think his style would compliment drury's very well

tyutin, sanguinetti, dawes, 1st 08

JBo

prucha

torres

jagr-dubi-avery
ryder-gomez-korpikoski
callahan-drury-torres
sjostrom-betts-orr/byers

staal-JBo
orpik-girardi
potter-smith
That is one expensive 3rd line. Judging by you depth chart you jsut went out and made a whole new rangers team over the summer.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2008, 02:34 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
That is one expensive 3rd line. Judging by you depth chart you jsut went out and made a whole new rangers team over the summer.

HAHA, yea....getting bored, the offense doesnt even have to change, i just want more depth and grit and toughness on the blueline and i think prucha needs t obe traded and torres goves the rangers another big bodied forward who will go to the net....something they lack