HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Van-LA

Old
05-24-2008, 06:45 PM
NYVanfan

vCash: 50
i think trading Bourdon would be a bad move just now as we'd be selling low ...his value will almost certainly just go up

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2008, 12:32 AM
Blane Youngblood

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
i think trading Bourdon would be a bad move just now as we'd be selling low ...his value will almost certainly just go up
I think his value on the boards is low, but his value overall isn't that bad. He looked pretty decent in the NHL and very recently he was in the top 15 in future watch (ahead of guys like Ryan and Brassard).

Blane Youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM- View Post
Hm... I don't know about fair value or whether he'd move but I like Boyle in LA maybe something like Boyle + 3rd for Bourdon (tho I don't want to move Bourdon).
Boyle is not going to be traded. And to add a 3rd with him? No.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2008, 01:53 PM
kinganze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jin View Post
I think his value on the boards is low, but his value overall isn't that bad. He looked pretty decent in the NHL and very recently he was in the top 15 in future watch (ahead of guys like Ryan and Brassard).
I think both players are under valued because they haven't had a chance to develop into the players they were projected to be, when each team drafted them. Although Lewis was a first round draft pick, i think he is projected to be a third line center, that will be a good forechecker, play a solid defensive game and chip in with roughly 20 goals a year. He was compared to a poor man's brindamour when he was scouted.
I don't see lombardi trading away an unproven asset, for another unproven asset. It really doesn't make sense for either team, unless they are parts of a bigger deal....

Such as,

To Van/
Cammelerri
Lewis
Dallas 1st Rd Pick

To La
Bieksa
Bourdon

kinganze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2008, 01:54 PM
God
Free Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinganze View Post
I think both players are under valued because they haven't had a chance to develop into the players they were projected to be, when each team drafted them. Although Lewis was a first round draft pick, i think he is projected to be a third line center, that will be a good forechecker, play a solid defensive game and chip in with roughly 20 goals a year. He was compared to a poor man's brindamour when he was scouted.
I don't see lombardi trading away an unproven asset, for another unproven asset. It really doesn't make sense for either team, unless they are parts of a bigger deal....

Such as,

To Van/
Cammelerri
Lewis
Dallas 1st Rd Pick

To La
Bieksa
Bourdon
No, we're not trading Bieksa for a small forward.

edit: and that proposal completely screws us over because then we have no defensive trading chips and don't make a significant upgrade at forward

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2008, 01:55 PM
kinganze

Personally i wouldn't make this trade because i am a Kings Fan living in Canuck land, and would hate to watch a King prospect or player flourish on a team i am exposed to every day. Salt in the wounds !!!!!

kinganze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2008, 02:20 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:

Such as,

To Van/
Cammelerri
Lewis
Dallas 1st Rd Pick

To La
Bieksa
Bourdon
That's hideous from a Canucks' POV. They trade basically their only physical defender in Bieksa and the only player they have that could step in and possibly replace some of that in Bourdon, for a small 25 goal scorer who is one year away from UFA, a late 1st and possible 3rd liner? No thanks.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2008, 02:54 PM
CM-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Boyle is not going to be traded. And to add a 3rd with him? No.
I didn't think you guys would but only reason I added the 3rd is Boyle is 2 and half to 3 years older than Bourdon throwing in a mid to late round pick would be a fair balance (at least imo) but like you said Kings don't move Boyle.

CM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2008, 02:55 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Maybe Canuck fans can enlighten me as to the actual direction their team is taking... are you officially rebuilding now?

Would something centering around Oscar Moller for Luc Bourdon or Kevin Bieksa work? Add picks in either direction to balance it out.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2008, 03:00 PM
Brandinho

Send a message via AIM to Brandinho Send a message via Skype™ to Brandinho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneface Vimes View Post
Lewis will not be manning any teams 2nd lline center position for the next year or two. His development has just begun in the AHL. He had a bad first year but should completely erase that next year with some improved linemates. He's versatile with solid potential and has the character Lombardi craves. That being said, I think the Kings would probably accept your offer.
Lewis probably won't be manning any team's 2nd line center position ever. The offensive upside just isn't there. He may one day be a great third liner but that's about it.

Brandinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2008, 03:27 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyug View Post
Lewis probably won't be manning any team's 2nd line center position ever. The offensive upside just isn't there. He may one day be a great third liner but that's about it.
That was poorly worded - I was referring to him making the NHL. You are most likely correct in your assessment of Lewis.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2008, 03:34 PM
fogducker

boyle for bourdon?

fogducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2008, 04:05 PM
Michael Scott*

Bourdon for Brassard is something I think Howson would look at.

Michael Scott* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2008, 04:43 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
Maybe Canuck fans can enlighten me as to the actual direction their team is taking... are you officially rebuilding now?
I think re-tooling is a better way of stating what the Canucks will be doing. I can't see them trading Bourdon unless they can either package him for a current top 6 forward or move him for a player that is set to take on that role next season. Moller is likely a season or two away from making an impact at the NHL level so I couldn't see the Canucks having much interest.

Old
05-27-2008, 02:39 AM
nuckfan insk

moller and dwight king for bourdon

nuckfan insk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2008, 05:07 AM
CRDragon
¯\_(シ)_/¯

Quote:
To Van/
Cammelerri
Lewis
Dallas 1st Rd Pick

To La
Bieksa
Bourdon
the f? Lol Terrible deal for the nucks......gillis would hang up the phone laughing.

If you want Bieksa AND bourdon...how bout Johnson and LA's 1st then XD

CRDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2008, 09:58 AM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannoabram View Post

Value is close to being fair, not sure Van does the trade in hopes of improving next season. Moller is a season or two away, and King had 1 good season. Not sure either team should make this move, plus moller isn't too much bigger than Cammalleri.

To be honest (which could also mean wrong), I think a deal for Bourdon would be closer to this. Deep draft, player with ?'s. It isn't a blockbuster.

LA-Bourdon
Van- 2nd round #32

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2008, 10:04 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post
Value is close to being fair, not sure Van does the trade in hopes of improving next season. Moller is a season or two away, and King had 1 good season. Not sure either team should make this move, plus moller isn't too much bigger than Cammalleri.

To be honest (which could also mean wrong), I think a deal for Bourdon would be closer to this. Deep draft, player with ?'s. It isn't a blockbuster.

LA-Bourdon
Van- 2nd round #32
your logic makes little sense there.

first you say: "not sure Van does the trade in hopes of improving next season."

then you propose Bourdon go for a 2nd rounder, which should be even further from making an impact than Moller will??

If Gillis trades Bourdon for a 2nd rounder - even a high 2nd rounder at #32, he should be fired!! Bourdon has proven he's got NHL talent, and IMO is NHL ready now... he was solid in his call-ups last year, hardly being on the ice for a goals against, while showing the skills that got him drafted that high - quality speed, a meanstreak and loves to hit, and good instincts on the point on the PP.... he's not the type of player that you move after being drafted as the 10th overall, and then developing well in the 3 years since.

Bourdon is much more ready to contribute now than Moller is, and definitely more so than the 2nd round pick will be.

So, given that you recognized that Vancouver is not really rebuilding and want to improve *next season* as you stated yourself, how much sense does it make to deal Bourdon for a 2nd round pick??

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2008, 10:05 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
LA-Bourdon
Van- 2nd round #32

That would not entice the Canucks, at all.

Old
05-27-2008, 12:27 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannoabram View Post
What? Holy overpayment Batman.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Fat Elvis

nuckfan in TO, guess we found I'm not the biggest Bourdon cheerleader. I'm not sold on his play at anything more than inconsistant. Better players were moved at the deadline for less than the #32 pick. He was drafted 10th, I highly doubt any team with the 10th pick would deal it for him now.
I suggested the 32 instead of Moller, because I think in this draft you can draft a potentially better player this season in a deeper draft. Plus no one seems to be impressed with Cammalleri in Van, so why would Moller be an upgrade?
Don't hate, I said I could be wrong. But IMO, you're not going to get a whole lot more for Bourdon. Maybe the 28th pick, but that's about it. I have a different opinion about your guy, outside looking in. Unstained observation.

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2008, 01:38 PM
CM-

Quote:
nuckfan in TO, guess we found I'm not the biggest Bourdon cheerleader. I'm not sold on his play at anything more than inconsistant. Better players were moved at the deadline for less than the #32 pick. He was drafted 10th, I highly doubt any team with the 10th pick would deal it for him now.
I suggested the 32 instead of Moller, because I think in this draft you can draft a potentially better player this season in a deeper draft. Plus no one seems to be impressed with Cammalleri in Van, so why would Moller be an upgrade?
Don't hate, I said I could be wrong. But IMO, you're not going to get a whole lot more for Bourdon. Maybe the 28th pick, but that's about it. I have a different opinion about your guy, outside looking in. Unstained observation.
hm... I think the Canucks should trade the 10th overall pick for Bourdon (sorry just had too). The Canucks should not be trading anyone who played for the pro team for picks unless they want Cowan or Weaver? (or are getting top 5 pick)

CM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2008, 02:07 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
I love it when posters throw out this line... as if just because I'm a canucks fan I can't possibly have a more accurate view of the player - and more importantly to this discussion, the needs of the team - just because I'm bound to be biased... does this also apply to Kings fans and their teams? that a non-biased fan such as myself would have a better understanding of the value of Kings players, and their team needs, than their own fans would?

in any case, I never suggested that Bourdon has the value of a 10th overall pick... I said that since he was drafted 10th overall, his development hasn't been nearly disappointing enough to deal him for a 2nd round pick at this stage... maybe that's all he's worth, but there's absolutely no way that you deal him for that... just like Bieksa, who I have said many times will be devalued right now due to his injury last year, but there's no way you deal an asset like that at a low value, just because that's his perceived value around the league.

Take Moller for example... maybe all he's worth right now is a 2nd or 3rd round pick... do the Kings deal him for that? Is it worth it for them to deal a decent prospect showing signs of being NHL talent one day, for a pick that may or may not even develop to his level?

Considering that Bourdon had a very solid year this past year, showing excellent strides in his development with his steady play at the NHL level, I can't see the canucks willing to move him for another project player - which is what a 2nd rounder, or most draft picks for that matter, would be... what would the point be?? it's not like they need to get rid of Bourdon - he's still a rookie, still on a 2-way deal, and still developing... and such a trade does nothing to help the canucks right now.

This is not to say that I'm a big Bourdon cheerleader, as you put it... just because I don't see the value of moving a prospect who's showing promising signs to becoming the type of player we need him to be for a draft pick, doesn't mean that I think he's a sure-thing and worth the farm... I've already said in other threads that Bourdon's value right now will be limited... but to move him, you gotta get something worthwhile - and that likely means that you'll have to package him with something else... otherwise I don't see the point in moving him at all... a 2nd round pick doesn't help the canucks now - and you said yourself the priority for the team would be to get immediate help. Bourdon is still developing, and even playing in the #7 role next season as a call-up (IMO he's ready for a full-time role in the NHL next season), is still more valuable to this team than a 2nd round pick.

Having said that, my criticism with your offer wasn't based on just the return though... it was based on the fact that you recognized that the canucks need something that will help them now in order to move Bourdon, and then made an offer of something that is likely further from helping the team now, than the offer you said wouldn't work!

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Kesler Kills Kommies

I rather have kopitar and no to this proposal too, he has shown some promise last season and shown that he has some chemistry with Edler in the powerplay. They could be scary in the future.

Kesler Kills Kommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2008, 03:38 PM
Epatt001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesler Kills Kommies View Post
I rather have kopitar
shoulda drafted him

Epatt001 is offline   Reply With Quote