Notices

Conference Position / Out of Town thread

Old
04-17-2008, 07:32 AM
Pwnasaurus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by karacter View Post
Anyways, Wings lost to make the series 2-2. Maybe they underestimated the preds?
I picked the Preds to win that series before it began. I also picked the Sens though. Meh.

Pwnasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 10:12 AM
Joe Canada

I always get my hopes up for a Detroit loss when the other team ties up a series, but the Wings will win. Even if it's a home-ice series, Detroit has game seven at home, I don't see them falling into the same patterns so early again (maybe next round, but I honestly don't see how Nashville can win two of the next three from them).

As far as San Jose and Calgary, it looks like a battle to see who will choke the series away first. San Jose took their shot in game three, and the Flames somehow managed to upstage them with that game four collapse.

Joe Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 11:29 AM
Diggy

If Hasik stays in net, I think Detroit will lose the series. If they change to Osgood they will have a chance if Osgood is not rusty.

Diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 12:15 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Canada View Post
I always get my hopes up for a Detroit loss when the other team ties up a series, but the Wings will win. Even if it's a home-ice series, Detroit has game seven at home, I don't see them falling into the same patterns so early again (maybe next round, but I honestly don't see how Nashville can win two of the next three from them).

As far as San Jose and Calgary, it looks like a battle to see who will chock the series away first. San Jose took their shot in game three, and the Flames somehow managed to upstage them with that game four collapse.
Translated to hfspeak.

That certainly is an amusing series so far.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 01:58 PM
Nikko*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Canada View Post

Oh Ye of too much faith.

Nikko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 02:15 PM
Joe Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
Oh Ye of too much faith.
Hey, no one would be happier than me to see that happen, but I think I've wasted all of my hoping on Ottawa/New Jersey/San Jose losses and an Anaheim win to have any left over for Detroit's undoing.

Joe Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 01:30 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

OK I know this isn't quite the perfect thread, but it's close enough since we don't have a playoff discussion thread and I just had to comment.

LOL at Dallas fans complaining about Osgood diving. Seriously, I actually laughed out loud. And I never do.

Old
05-12-2008, 01:25 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

I haven't watched a game since the Ducks were eliminated. I just can't care about either team, and I don't want either one to win.

Spankatola Jamnuts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2008, 05:10 AM
Fighter
Legend

The possibility of a Pitts vs Detroit final makes me wanna puke.

Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2008, 08:54 AM
kenabnrmal

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Pittsburgh win it all. A win this season will prevent years and years of "Crosby/Malkin is a choke-artist" threads.

kenabnrmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2008, 01:35 PM
smirkinjudas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
The possibility of a Pitts vs Detroit final makes me wanna puke.
I totally agree...

smirkinjudas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2008, 03:57 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenabnrmal View Post
I actually wouldn't mind seeing Pittsburgh win it all. A win this season will prevent years and years of "Crosby/Malkin is a choke-artist" threads.
Pittsburgh winning would be fine with me. Or Philly. Whatever. That's kinda my problem. I hate the two west finalists and don't give a crap about the east finalists.

Spankatola Jamnuts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Fighter
Legend

Philly play a tough style I like, I would prefer to see them winning it all instead of the "Tank Strategy" Penguins.

Dallas is a meh choice, but Detroit is absolutely

Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
If guarantee you if they win, we'll have a lot more "Crosby,Malkin=God" threads. I want Philly to win out of the teams left. Personally I hate Detroit, but i'd rather see them win then Pittsburg.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2008, 10:47 PM
kenabnrmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
If guarantee you if they win, we'll have a lot more "Crosby,Malkin=God" threads. I want Philly to win out of the teams left. Personally I hate Detroit, but i'd rather see them win then Pittsburg.
Thats fine, I'd rather see people praise greatness rather than try and tear it apart...

kenabnrmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 09:04 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Thats fine, I'd rather see people praise greatness rather than try and tear it apart...
I disagree. If people say that two twenty year olds are choke artists because they lose to Detroit, the presidents trophy winner, they are just trolls that are mad about their team losing. People should pay no mind to them.

I think Crosby is great of the NHL. I'm just not ready for everyone to get on his jock more then they already are. (If that's even possible.) I wouldn't mind seeing him win it in 4 of 5 years.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2008, 05:58 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

I know people here are indifferent to the teams left, but the Times website is doing this thing where they have guest commentators for the SCFs. Giguere did game 1, and Pronger did game 2. He talks about how the East-coast focused media were fooled about Detroit and its defense. And he's right. How did the pundits really expect an offensive series with the Jennings trophy winner? Amazingly enough, Pronger only used "obviously" twice.

Anyone else find it amusing that some are complaining about Detroit getting away with interference? This is the same Detroit team whose fans last year whined to no end about the Ducks running interference and who insisted that they didn't do the same. Detroit does run borderline interference, but it shouldn't be called, and Detroit fans really should be the last ones to complain about Anaheim since they do it at about an equal amount. Vancouver fans are a close 2nd, what with the Sedin twinterferences and all.

Old
05-28-2008, 03:30 AM
iLau
Always Mighty

Hard to hate a team like Detroit, they are playing really good hockey. Lots of offense, a solid defense and good goaltending. To my surprise, they have also been quite physical.

iLau is offline   Reply With Quote