HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Anaheim needs a second line center

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-28-2008, 11:03 PM
  #1
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X
 
Gibsons Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,162
vCash: 500
Anaheim needs a second line center

So, like Pat Benatar might say, hit me with your best shot.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 11:07 PM
  #2
Ismellofhockey
Registered User
 
Ismellofhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,640
vCash: 500
Vermette for Beauchemin

Ismellofhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 11:08 PM
  #3
Nizdizzle
The Shanaplan.
 
Nizdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,581
vCash: 50
Nik Antropov for Bobby Ryan

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 11:08 PM
  #4
Feed Me A Stray Cat
Registered User
 
Feed Me A Stray Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,635
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Andy McDonald for the rights to Doug Weight.

Feed Me A Stray Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 11:52 PM
  #5
Peter Griffin
Registered User
 
Peter Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,200
vCash: 500
Sign Brendan Morrison.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 11:59 PM
  #6
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,475
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Beauchemin for Cammalleri.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2008, 12:15 AM
  #7
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly
 
jax00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Anaslime
Country: United States
Posts: 8,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Beauchemin for Cammalleri.
Done

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2008, 12:18 AM
  #8
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!
 
snarktacular's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,078
vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Beauchemin for Cammalleri.
Now that's intriguing. Both guys seem like borderline 1st line/pairing guys 2 years ago, but have had down years. Both are UFA after next season.

But I've only seen Cammi play wing. How does he do when actually at center? I think a line of Cammi (shooter) + Kunitz (does the dirty work and defense) + Bertuzzi or Ryan (playmaker) might be a nice 2nd line.

Although Anaheim might have to give you some salary because we're kind of tight. Like Marchant or Special Niedermayer or something. LA's probably not going to be spending money next season anyways so they might not mind.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2008, 12:26 AM
  #9
deanosaur
Registered User
 
deanosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: AB/MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,090
vCash: 500
I say trade up for Stamkos and let him be 2nd center
That would be nice.

deanosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2008, 12:28 AM
  #10
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 41,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismellofhockey View Post
Vermette for Beauchemin

This seems like a pretty nice deal for Anaheim.

__________________
Man, do I ever miss Oleg Kvasha. If Oleg was here, everything would be OK.
Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2008, 12:31 AM
  #11
Jeffrey
Registered User
 
Jeffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,715
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Koivu to play with teemu

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2008, 01:01 AM
  #12
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,475
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by obobo23 View Post
Now that's intriguing. Both guys seem like borderline 1st line/pairing guys 2 years ago, but have had down years. Both are UFA after next season.

But I've only seen Cammi play wing. How does he do when actually at center? I think a line of Cammi (shooter) + Kunitz (does the dirty work and defense) + Bertuzzi or Ryan (playmaker) might be a nice 2nd line.

Although Anaheim might have to give you some salary because we're kind of tight. Like Marchant or Special Niedermayer or something. LA's probably not going to be spending money next season anyways so they might not mind.
Beauchemin would be a good fit playing with either Visnovsky or Johnson, but I dont know how willing the Kings would be to add salary. Marchant would help the PK, but then it'd create a problem with the bottom 6.

Cammalleri can take draws but hasn't really played much center while with the Kings. I believe he did play center in the lockout season though.


Last edited by Reaper45: 05-29-2008 at 01:10 AM.
Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2008, 01:06 AM
  #13
voxel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 11,499
vCash: 500
C.Perry for J.Carter

I love how overrated Beauchemin is here. Vermette for Beauchemin is robbery for the Ducks.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2008, 01:41 AM
  #14
Vincent_TheGreat
Registered User
 
Vincent_TheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,128
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Vincent_TheGreat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
Nik Antropov for Bobby Ryan
No, Sign Sundin and trade him for Ryan

Vincent_TheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2008, 09:04 AM
  #15
Ismellofhockey
Registered User
 
Ismellofhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
This seems like a pretty nice deal for Anaheim.
And here I thought I was going to get shot down but for the opposite reason.
I guess you feel Beauchemin isn't quite a 25 min/g defenceman without Niedermayer? Or is it just that he's coming up on being a UFA?

But if Anaheim wanted to add Hiller, I wouldn't say no...

Ismellofhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2008, 09:12 AM
  #16
PACaptain
Registered User
 
PACaptain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Road to the Repeat
Country: United States
Posts: 6,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
I love how overrated Beauchemin is here. Vermette for Beauchemin is robbery for the Ducks.
Agreed.

What is the deal with Ryan Carter? I know he was re-signed late in the year and had a solid offensive streak going. I know it's not the sexy answer but maybe the Ducks believe he could develop into a solid second line center.

On the open market, Brendan Morrison would not be a bad option as long as the money is relatively low. Jason Williams is another name that intrigues me as a possibility for Anaheim.

PACaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2008, 09:22 AM
  #17
jamiebez
Registered User
 
jamiebez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismellofhockey View Post
Vermette for Beauchemin
Seconded.

I came in here to post the same thing!

jamiebez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2008, 09:27 AM
  #18
bfire
Registered User
 
bfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,881
vCash: 500
Wellwood for a 2nd

bfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2008, 11:32 AM
  #19
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!
 
snarktacular's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,078
vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismellofhockey View Post
And here I thought I was going to get shot down but for the opposite reason.
I guess you feel Beauchemin isn't quite a 25 min/g defenceman without Niedermayer? Or is it just that he's coming up on being a UFA?

But if Anaheim wanted to add Hiller, I wouldn't say no...
Vermette's peak (this year) vs Beauchemin's peak (1 or 2 years ago) would make the proposal a solid win for Ottawa. But Beauchemin had a very down year this season.

He was still a horse, logging the big minutes (4th most TOI in the league). But he took a sizable step back in just about everything. Hits, decision-making, turnovers, shots didn't miss the net or were blocked, defensive positioning, penalty killing. I'd say his down year makes Vermette for Beauchemin overpayment on Ottawa's behalf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACaptain View Post
Agreed.

What is the deal with Ryan Carter? I know he was re-signed late in the year and had a solid offensive streak going. I know it's not the sexy answer but maybe the Ducks believe he could develop into a solid second line center.

On the open market, Brendan Morrison would not be a bad option as long as the money is relatively low. Jason Williams is another name that intrigues me as a possibility for Anaheim.
Carter is our best candidate to fill the 2nd line center internally. He should be a full-time NHL player, but we're not sure he has the offense to be our 2nd line center. Maybe spot duty. He hasn't even scored 0.5 PPG in the AHL. He had a solid rookie season, but much of it was actually as a checking line center (replacing Pahlsson when he was injured). The other internal candidates for #2 C are Platt and Eberle.

If the Ducks are trying to compete this year, we probably have to sign or trade for someone.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2008, 11:39 AM
  #20
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
C.Perry for J.Carter

I love how overrated Beauchemin is here. Vermette for Beauchemin is robbery for the Ducks.
The Flyers need a top-4 defenseman, not another forward.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2008, 11:49 AM
  #21
Qubax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,033
vCash: 500
Beauchemin is so overated...LA would never do that deal...With Doughty(probably) Johnson, Hickey, Visnovsky etc the Kings don't really need Beauchemin

Qubax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2008, 11:59 AM
  #22
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,475
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax View Post
Beauchemin is so overated...LA would never do that deal...With Doughty(probably) Johnson, Hickey, Visnovsky etc the Kings don't really need Beauchemin
Doughty or Bogosian wont be in the NHL next season. Neither will Hickey. So we have Johnson, Visnovsky, Blake probably, and Peter Harrold. How do we not need a defenseman like Beauchemin again?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2008, 11:59 AM
  #23
lennie
Registered User
 
lennie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,032
vCash: 500
Brendan Morrison for nothing July 1

lennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2008, 12:12 PM
  #24
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!
 
snarktacular's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,078
vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Doughty or Bogosian wont be in the NHL next season. Neither will Hickey. So we have Johnson, Visnovsky, Blake probably, and Peter Harrold. How do we not need a defenseman like Beauchemin again?
Tank 4 Hedman?

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2008, 12:12 PM
  #25
Mervillian
Registered User
 
Mervillian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chilliwack
Country: Canada
Posts: 392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennie View Post
Brendan Morrison for nothing July 1
and naslund too...WCE baby.

Mervillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.