HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Russia

Official Player Inquiry Thread

Old
03-31-2008, 02:36 AM
KingsFan323

vCash: 500
Can someone tell me what they think of Viktor Tikhonov. His blood-lines are great but I've never seen him play. Can someone tell me the strengths and weaknesses of his game and who his style of play resembles.

KingsFan323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianProspects View Post
Konstantin Korneev
Bring him over now please. Korneev would make a very strong utility defenseman who could fill in holes and also score a goal or two for you. He has started to become more consistently a national team member this year and Bykov really trusts him with ice time. Korneev really came into his own since being with HC CSKA where he is one of the defensive squad’s leaders.
Thanks for the information. I've watched a few archived RSL games and he kind of resembles a Markov-lite. Great outlet passes, good PP QB with a decent quick shot. Defensively he seems to have a very nice stick-check, although his small stature leads me to be a bit pessimistic about him NHL outlook. In the few games I've watched, he was outmuscled a bit in the defensive zone. Because I've only witnessed a very small sample of games, I wonder if someone can either confirm or disagree with my assessment of him.

I've heard he has interest in coming over after on more season in the RSL from other forums. Do you know if there is any truth to this.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2008, 07:48 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Forgive me if any of this is redundant, but I'm sure you folks will understand my reluctance to read through 20 pages of material dating back to 2006 to find an answer to my inquiries.

First, there were a couple of players that are still Preds property (at least until June 1) but I wasn't sure if they had plans to come over any time soon or at all. Denis Kulyash is the first, who I know had a pretty strong year with CSKA. The other was Grigori Shafigullin, who I thought had a clause in his contract that would let him leave for North America if the opportunity presented itself but that may have expired when he joined Ak Bars Kazan.

Also, I wanted to get some opinions on Vyacheslav Voinov. Is he a very physical defenseman like Weber or more of a Suter-type defender (physical when he needs to be but tends to avoid it otherwise with good puck skills). The Preds need more of the former and we've got plenty of the latter but somebody brought up the idea of grabbing him in the 3rd round...

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2008, 08:07 PM
MaxV

I have a question about all the goaltender prospects that are eligible for 2008 draft. Any of them have good potential?

MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 04:36 PM
ginner classic

Koltsov, Killer

After switching teams he seemed to fade a bit from last year's performance. There are plenty of d-men in the NHL now that have his size that have acquitted themselves nicely. Will he ever take another shot at North America, or should Canuck fans write him off entirely? Is he even still Canuck property after July 1. How has he played this year and does Babchuk offer better upside potential in the NHL (though they are very different players). It seems to me that he plays a similar game to Kronwall, though a little more lackidasical in his own end.

Campbell, Timonen, Rafalski, Zidlicky, Visnovsky, Enstrom, and Streit are all undersized offensive d-men with similar skills to Koltsov. Does this kid have that kind of potential with the right coaching and motivation?

ginner classic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Avy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginner's in T.O. View Post
Does this kid have that kind of potential with the right coaching and motivation?
In my opinion Koltsov have potential to play on Gonchar\Zubov level. But key word is motivation, he was fined in Omsk for his office actions, he was fined in Ufa. His former coach rightfully said that Koltsov is lazy ass.

Avy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 11:09 PM
Avy*

Note: Im Koltsov fan.

Avy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 10:16 AM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avy View Post
In my opinion Koltsov have potential to play on Gonchar\Zubov level. But key word is motivation, he was fined in Omsk for his office actions, he was fined in Ufa. His former coach rightfully said that Koltsov is lazy ass.
That's a shame.

Old
06-10-2008, 07:39 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Some idiot on another board rumors that bashkirovs are coming back to quebec?

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 02:51 PM
Winston Wolf

Any opinion on whether Denis Bodrov is ready to come to North America or not? Flyers GM Paul Holmgren is supposedly trying to get Bodrov to leave Russia, as Holmgren thinks he's NHL ready. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Hey could any of you guys or girls stop by the Kings board and tell us about Voinov and Loktionov?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 05:40 PM
MaxV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Hey could any of you guys or girls stop by the Kings board and tell us about Voinov and Loktionov?
I've been saying for awhile now that Voinov is the 2nd best Russian (maybe even European) prospect in this draft.

He's a 1st round-caliber prospect.

I think a lot of people look at his size and believe that he won't be able to play in the NHL, but if see him on tape he plays MUCH bigger then his size would indicate.

Loktionov was a pretty good value pick also.

MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Rumor is Voinov is willing to come over and play either juniors or in the AHL, but what's Loktionov's story?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 10:24 AM
iceman42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Wolf View Post
Any opinion on whether Denis Bodrov is ready to come to North America or not? Flyers GM Paul Holmgren is supposedly trying to get Bodrov to leave Russia, as Holmgren thinks he's NHL ready. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
bumpage

iceman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 03:54 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Maxim Trunev?

I dont know much (well, anything) about him except that he plays forward and Montreal drafted him. so whats the deal with him is he good?, fast?, bad?, slow?, nice shot?, no shot?, playmaker?, powerforward?, small?, big?

any and all info is appreciated

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 05:53 PM
Hockeycritic

Trunev to CHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandsam View Post
I dont know much (well, anything) about him except that he plays forward and Montreal drafted him. so whats the deal with him is he good?, fast?, bad?, slow?, nice shot?, no shot?, playmaker?, powerforward?, small?, big?

any and all info is appreciated
We had this thread by Vakar Lajos in forum! Link: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=512641

Repeat my own opinion on him. Trunev was finally ranked #55 by NHL CSB European department. He isn't bad player with really good quick skating and good stickhandling. Yes, he can score good goals. Team plays helping just to him to score goals... but I didn't see assists from him that much. PROBLEM with him that his father overhelps to the boy being in very close relations with coach of Cherepovets Severstal-2 team and no matter what coach puts the boy in top line all the time though in Cherepovets organization they have better players than Trunev to play in top line. Friendship of the father with head coach helps the boy to do junior career. It would be interesting if he be able ever to play in CHL without his father's support just on his own skills... 08/09 he goes to CHL as far as I heard.

Hockeycritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 09:42 PM
teddygmr

Slitty's annual(?) rankings of Most NHL ready Russian prospects?

I have been eagerly awaiting Slitty's annual(?) rankings of the Most NHL ready Russian prospects....Did I miss it somehow?
I believe I saw a post before the World Championships indicating it would be released shortly .....
With Babchuk, Artyukhin, Zarkhov, Tikhonov apparently signing with NHL teams and Igor Makarov attending Chicago's Development camp it will be interesting to see how these players adapt. I'm curious about Atyushov, Piganovich, Ilja Nikulin, Igor Mirnov, Igor Volkov, Korneyev, Fedor Fedorov, Taratukhin, Zubarev, Kulyash, Koltsov.....
Thanks in advance!

teddygmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 05:26 PM
Tony Piscotta
Hockey's Future Staff

Alexander Kutuzov

Appears he is one of the better young defensemen for Balashikha with an edge to his game. Has he ever been considered as a prospect for the NHL?

Tony Piscotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 06:36 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddygmr View Post
I have been eagerly awaiting Slitty's annual(?) rankings of the Most NHL ready Russian prospects....Did I miss it somehow?
I believe I saw a post before the World Championships indicating it would be released shortly .....
With Babchuk, Artyukhin, Zarkhov, Tikhonov apparently signing with NHL teams and Igor Makarov attending Chicago's Development camp it will be interesting to see how these players adapt. I'm curious about Atyushov, Piganovich, Ilja Nikulin, Igor Mirnov, Igor Volkov, Korneyev, Fedor Fedorov, Taratukhin, Zubarev, Kulyash, Koltsov.....
Thanks in advance!
I'm lloking for this too. With all the player movement and the new KHL being formulated I'm really interested to see where many of the Russian prospects stand.

Old
07-16-2008, 10:22 AM
RussianProspects

For those who asked for info about him - Andrei Loktionov's profile has been added to RussianProspects.com.

http://russianprospects.com/public/p...?player_id=637

RussianProspects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 10:32 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Does anyone know if Ilja Nikulin has reported to camp for Ak Bars Kazan, or if they expect him to?

He is in the process of trying to show the NHL he has an out clause so the Thrashers can sign him, but right now there hasn't been any news one way or the other for around a week or so.

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 04:35 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Some idiot on another board rumors that bashkirovs are coming back to quebec?

they could be coming back to NA

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2008, 10:49 AM
Muscle Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
Does anyone know if Ilja Nikulin has reported to camp for Ak Bars Kazan, or if they expect him to?

He is in the process of trying to show the NHL he has an out clause so the Thrashers can sign him, but right now there hasn't been any news one way or the other for around a week or so.
Seems like there is no out clause in his contract. Today Ak Bars coach said that they would talk with Nikulin and if they agree on something, he would be able to go to the N.A.

Muscle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2008, 11:20 AM
RNHabs

Sergei Ostapchuk ?

My home town junior team drafted him last week.
I was wondering if he is a good prospect, etc ...
Info will be nice, thanks.

Last edited by RNHabs: 07-20-2008 at 06:28 PM.
RNHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 08:54 AM
LapierreSports

Send a message via MSN to LapierreSports
Valeri Vasiliev

Hello,

Anyone knows what Valeri Vasiliev has been doing recently ? Is he still in hockey living in Russia ?

LapierreSports is offline   Reply With Quote