HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Lets Make A Deal

Old
05-30-2008, 05:55 AM
Kikizaz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
We're not moving our 2nd best forward for lots of nothing

Probably would be asking for a deal with Cherapanov, or Prucha+ something

I doubt antropov gets anything close to Cherepanov. Prucha and pick maybe could happen, because prucha seems to have regressed since his great rookie year.

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2008, 07:42 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikizaz View Post
I doubt antropov gets anything close to Cherepanov. Prucha and pick maybe could happen, because prucha seems to have regressed since his great rookie year.
I'd think he'd get more... Prucha is a joke.

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2008, 08:19 AM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
It would be Kaberle if he waves the infamous NTC. If not Kubina is the next best thing available. What would you add or take away.
The next best thing available would be to sign a free agent for $3.5-4 million a year. Carter and our 1st was supposed to be the deal for Kaberle in February. No way that package PLUS our 3rd or 4th best prospect goes someone less that Kaberle, and a guy who would be our 3rd best center. If you are insisting on either Carter or the 2008 1st, I don't know that there is a deal to be made (outside of one for Kaberle).

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2008, 08:54 AM
bluumax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikizaz View Post
if anything, thats a great deal for NY, an nhler putting up good number with a good all round game, for a kid who;s never played an nhl game. its more of a gamble for the leafs

bluumax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2008, 12:49 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluumax View Post
if anything, thats a great deal for NY, an nhler putting up good number with a good all round game, for a kid who;s never played an nhl game. its more of a gamble for the leafs
Agreed, Antropov is pretty underrated around these parts.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2008, 01:00 PM
deanosaur

Ugh all seriousness, you guys might be overrating these guys, I mean really, if they were that good don't you think they would of ATLEAST made the playoffs? And maybe the fans would CHEER for them and not for the other team?

deanosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2008, 01:43 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
The next best thing available would be to sign a free agent for $3.5-4 million a year. Carter and our 1st was supposed to be the deal for Kaberle in February. No way that package PLUS our 3rd or 4th best prospect goes someone less that Kaberle, and a guy who would be our 3rd best center. If you are insisting on either Carter or the 2008 1st, I don't know that there is a deal to be made (outside of one for Kaberle).
A couple of things. I realize you guys would prefer Kabs but your guy asked about Kubina and Antro. Kabs would be moved if he waves and it could be done. If your so sure you can do better on the open market please post an example. Who is available at that price that's comparable to him. Remember he also has cup winning experience but without that he's still hard beat now.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2008, 01:54 PM
rigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffYear92 View Post
tucker
kubina
McCabe
Poni
Antro
Raycoft
From the Oilers (well from me on behalf of my favourite team)

kubina - I would trade you Greene and Torres for Kubina

Or just Stoll for Kubina straight up.

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2008, 04:06 PM
mercury

Quote:
A couple of things. I realize you guys would prefer Kabs but your guy asked about Kubina and Antro. Kabs would be moved if he waves and it could be done. If your so sure you can do better on the open market please post an example. Who is available at that price that's comparable to him. Remember he also has cup winning experience but without that he's still hard beat now.
I'd take Hainsey at $3.5 million and give up nothing than have to deal Carter and/or our 1st for Kubina at $5 million. And I asked originally. I just happen to think that Carter, Nodl, and a 1st would be a bad deal, that's all. Lupul and a 1st for Kubina is closer, but I don't think I'd pull the trigger.

Old
05-30-2008, 05:22 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
I'd take Hainsey at $3.5 million and give up nothing than have to deal Carter and/or our 1st for Kubina at $5 million. And I asked originally. I just happen to think that Carter, Nodl, and a 1st would be a bad deal, that's all. Lupul and a 1st for Kubina is closer, but I don't think I'd pull the trigger.
I don't disagree that it's a lot but Kubina and Antropov aren't exactly garbage. I may have pushed for too much but it's all a part of negotiations. If your not looking for Antro anymore then obviously the price would come down. Just a little extra for ya is that Antro has played wing in T.O most of his career but he is a natural center. One more thing I have no idea who Hainsey is. Could you put his full name.

Old
05-30-2008, 05:49 PM
MG91

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsKulemin14 View Post
If antropov is entering contract season doesn't that make him be worth more? sicne people entering contract season play amazing?
Thats a major generalization.

MG91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2008, 06:08 PM
mercury

Quote:
I don't disagree that it's a lot but Kubina and Antropov aren't exactly garbage. I may have pushed for too much but it's all a part of negotiations. If your not looking for Antro anymore then obviously the price would come down. Just a little extra for ya is that Antro has played wing in T.O most of his career but he is a natural center. One more thing I have no idea who Hainsey is. Could you put his full name.
They're not garbage by any means. I just wouldn't want to overpay for either. Kubina would be great on our 2nd pairing with any of the guys we're keeping. Timonen, Coburn, and Kubina is an excellent top 3.

And Hainsey is Ron Hainsey from Columbus (before that, the Canadiens organization). He's 27, a UFA, and he had 32 points and was a -7 on a very mediocre Blue Jackets team. He should get around $3.5 million on the open market, IMHO.

Old
05-31-2008, 11:39 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
They're not garbage by any means. I just wouldn't want to overpay for either. Kubina would be great on our 2nd pairing with any of the guys we're keeping. Timonen, Coburn, and Kubina is an excellent top 3.

And Hainsey is Ron Hainsey from Columbus (before that, the Canadiens organization). He's 27, a UFA, and he had 32 points and was a -7 on a very mediocre Blue Jackets team. He should get around $3.5 million on the open market, IMHO.
I was looking at the UFA's for this year and didn't his name that's all. But in a slim market his value may go higher and overpayment could be the only option