HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Antoine Vermette

Old
05-30-2008, 11:13 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
Even though he's a center, I'd definitely be interested. Love to see him as a Ranger depending on the price.
he plays both center and wing depending on who he plays with....alfreddson, spezza or heatley

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2008, 11:13 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
id love to expand the trade and do something like

Tyutin Sauer Prucha Anisimov 1st 08 2nd 09 for Volchenkov+Vermette

though thats probably not even close to enough on our end.
id love tyutin and volchenkov on the same pair. i did not include him in my trade that is why i included sang.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2008, 11:15 PM
IanB

Vermette also plays the wing.

Thing is, assuming this rumor is accurate (its not one I'm even familiar with), Ottawa would probably want something proven in return. Not a package of prospects.

IanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2008, 11:17 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
id love tyutin and volchenkov on the same pair. i did not include him in my trade that is why i included sang.
PEOPLE!! go on the sens board and ask them what tey think of volchenkov.......he is extremely overrated and isnt that great of a defenseman....and all of those deals are too much for him....if they cant sign him due to their money situation they will have very little bargaining power...

Old
05-30-2008, 11:18 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Bross View Post

Thing is, assuming this rumor is accurate (its not one I'm even familiar with), Ottawa would probably want something proven in return. Not a package of prospects.
Would Dawes be of any interest?

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2008, 11:27 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Bross View Post

I wouldn't say it's a rumor-rumor, just what I've read on the Sens board with what they think Murray's plans are and what his words have shown. Not much more than their thoughts, really.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 12:17 AM
NYReign

Is just signing him as an RFA a plausible option? From what I understand if we offer him something in the neighborhood of 3 million we would lose a first and a third. Considering Ottawa does not have ample cap space, this might be a simpler way to get him. From the trade proposals we have here, the ones that the Rangers would like probably wouldn't be accepted and the ones the Senators would accept are a hefty price to pay, especially considering we may need to trade for a defenseman. The question about that is how high can we afford to go to outprice Ottawa but have space left for Jagr, Avery, Orpik and whoever else we hopefully re-sign/acquire...

NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 12:22 AM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Staal View Post
Just no reason to post on the boards in the off-season really I've noticed. It's a bunch of BS stacked up on other BS. Can't wait for July 1st though where I don't have to read about this crap on Newspapers and here about so and so being available and coming here and this and that when I can just see what happens.
Asking a serious question here, not trying to come off like an *******...

But why are you even posting on here then?

The offseason is crap, of course it is. Nothing to talk about, people calling for trades and signings of their favorite players who they think would improve the team, other off-topic ********, and so on.

I figured I'd help you save yourself the headache...

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 03:17 AM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

vCash: 277
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
PEOPLE!! go on the sens board and ask them what tey think of volchenkov.......he is extremely overrated and isnt that great of a defenseman....
Huh? If you come to the Sens board to ask about Volchenkov, you'll find no one wanting to trade him. He's most definitely not overrated and has an amazing contract. Way better than a #4 defenseman, which you claim he is.

It's a shame Vermette may be available, because he's what the team needs more of...secondary scoring. If he gets traded, he'll breakout big time.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 04:00 AM
IanB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
Would Dawes be of any interest?
Doubtful. Think more along the lines of a veteran, but still with years ahead of them, ie not someone we have.

Dawes alone isn't equal value either, though being a more offensively oriented player, I can imagine him fitting in nicely and being fairly successful. Even so, probably not a prudent decision for Ottawa to make.

IanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 10:57 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
Huh? If you come to the Sens board to ask about Volchenkov, you'll find no one wanting to trade him. He's most definitely not overrated and has an amazing contract. Way better than a #4 defenseman, which you claim he is.

It's a shame Vermette may be available, because he's what the team needs more of...secondary scoring. If he gets traded, he'll breakout big time.
thats odd, because i was on your board after the season and everyone was very very down on him, saying phillips made him a lot better than he actually is and that his shot blocking ability creates problems for the goalies behind him because they cant see the puck and it defelects off of him causing bad goals from areas of the ice where they should be easy saves......i could be wrong, as i dont want the sens all the time(probably close to 20 games last year) but from what i saw he didnt seem all that impressive(i would put him as a #3 or #4 like tyutin)...although he is very young and has room to improve, i dont think the deals people were throwing out were crazy from a rangers perspective.....they were offering more for those two than they were for gaborik

Old
05-31-2008, 11:50 AM
Jay88*

Quote:
if he could be had for something decent, like prospects and a first i would do it...he is extremely impressive
Prospects and a first.Prospects as in 2 and a 1st rounder,what are you kidding me. The last thing I would do is give away a first rounder for him.

While he is good, im not giving away a 1st rounder unless somethingthat will be on the first line is coming.Not a 53 point player.

Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 12:02 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay88 View Post
Prospects and a first.Prospects as in 2 and a 1st rounder,what are you kidding me. The last thing I would do is give away a first rounder for him.

While he is good, im not giving away a 1st rounder unless somethingthat will be on the first line is coming.Not a 53 point player.
.....he is a very good player, and he is what?....24?....and the thing is withthe sens this year is that he didnt play with goal scorers..he didnt play with alfreddson, or heatley or spezza, and with their injuries this year, fischer(who had an off year) played on the top line so he was left with playing with ahlers and 3rd and 4th liners.....he could put up 60-70 pooints with gomez and dawes...

Old
05-31-2008, 01:15 PM
Puck
Ninja

Vermette is good but...has been a guy that has produced better on the third line away from the other team's top checking units. He's a fast skilled player that gets attention because of his accompanying good defensive play, not as an explosive scoring threat. But if someone wants to offer him $4 million a year to pry him out of Ottawa, we'll gladly take your first round draft picks.

Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 02:36 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Prucha, 2nd 08, Bourret, Jessiman

for

Vermetter, 4th 08

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 02:40 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
i would love to add him, though a lot of the proposed deals here are falling way too short on our end. he's an extremely gifted two way guy who can easily be slotted on the wing for one of our top two lines, or can play the 3rd line center role. i would love to see him at lw on Jagr's line if straka is not re-signed (which he shouldn't be). he has the potential for 80 pts playing top 6 minutes.

RangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

With a little bit of money to spend (more if Avery isn't resigned) Vermette is the type of Restricted Free agent the Rangers should target. Vermette would IMO replace Averys numbers without the other "distractions" you get with Sean Avery. (Btw I want Avery resigned but not at 4 million a year which I'm sure he's going to get from somebody) I think this offseason more then the past 3 the Rangers have to be very creative with the moves they make and signing Vermette to an offer sheet is just the type of move I'd like to see....

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2008, 12:56 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
With a little bit of money to spend (more if Avery isn't resigned) Vermette is the type of Restricted Free agent the Rangers should target. Vermette would IMO replace Averys numbers without the other "distractions" you get with Sean Avery. (Btw I want Avery resigned but not at 4 million a year which I'm sure he's going to get from somebody) I think this offseason more then the past 3 the Rangers have to be very creative with the moves they make and signing Vermette to an offer sheet is just the type of move I'd like to see....
i agree with the fact the rangers have to be creative this offseason, however i dont want sather throwing offer sheets around...i would rather trade for him, or someone else like perry if they cant fit him under the cap

Old
06-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
i agree with the fact the rangers have to be creative this offseason, however i dont want sather throwing offer sheets around...i would rather trade for him, or someone else like perry if they cant fit him under the cap

he'd also be alot cheaper than jokinen to trade for

Old
06-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Dredden
JT Miller

Wolski anyone? Hes a RFA...... I would like to see vermette on Gomez wing though without giving up our 1st round pick

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2008, 02:05 PM
Plato

vCash: 0
I really don't see any way Ottawa trade Vermette at all unless the deal is heavily in their favor. If anything I would think Fisher would go before Vermette but I have a feeling that contract will be hard to move if they actually had some desire to trade him.

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato View Post
I really don't see any way Ottawa trade Vermette at all unless the deal is heavily in their favor. If anything I would think Fisher would go before Vermette but I have a feeling that contract will be hard to move if they actually had some desire to trade him.
i would love to have fisher on the rangers, dude plays his heart on line, a true contender

Old
06-01-2008, 02:18 PM
Plato

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
i would love to have fisher on the rangers, dude plays his heart on line, a true contender
Not for a 4.2 million dollar cap hit you don't. Especially when you already have that kind of money invested in 2 centers already with Gomez and Drury. I still haven't seen enough of Drury on the wing to make a case for it or against it yet.

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2008, 02:20 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato View Post
Not for a 4.2 million dollar cap hit you don't. Especially when you already have that kind of money invested in 2 centers already with Gomez and Drury. I still haven't seen enough of Drury on the wing to make a case for it or against it yet.

wow

Old
06-01-2008, 03:05 PM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
Wow, I'm a little surprised about all the enthusiasm for Vermette.

If he plays center for us he is probably a third line center (like Cullen anyone?). His production probably drops.

If he plays wing I guess we could try him at second line. However, playing behind Spezza, Heatley and Alfie is a little different than playing behind Gomez and whoever we have on the first. What I mean is, some nights teams will put out their best defensive line against our second line (assuming we don't get Hossa or some other world class to give us a clearly superior number one line, which by the way, is what we really need along with a top notch defenseman). Or okay, you try him at the first line, but again, now he plays against the best defensive players most nights.

And finally, Ottawa probably wants us to overpay for Vermette in a trade and if we throw an offer sheet at him it will probably need to be big money to get him. All for a guy who has had one 50 point season. Nice player, and if he fell into our lap, great, but that's not going to happen and we should focus on getting the pieces we really need.

AJ1982 is offline   Reply With Quote