HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Make a REALISTIC proposal

Old
05-30-2008, 01:37 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptain Bégin View Post
I agree. Higgins, for me, is one of the guy I want the less to be ship away. I see him stay with the Habs all his career for less money than accept to be trade. Before been an Habs player, he's a die hard Habs fans, and he's talented enough to be 2nd/3rd liner for us and score 30g-30p.
The thing is with Higgins is that I think he'll be a steady guy but never a supertstar. And to me we need to raise the quality of our players on the first two lines. Bear in mind I wouldn't have a problem with Chris playing on the third line. But maybe he wouldn't accept it. Furthermore, Higgins is the one player with value that we can trade to get somebody better(whether it's by putting him in a package or not). Most guys with value that we have are near untradeable. But trading Higgins is something you could entertain doing. And that's why we must do this.

Kimota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2008, 01:44 AM
El Wama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
I don't want to sign anything or anyone who even slightly looks like Wade Redden.

Waste of money.

Perry scored 40 goals last season, it would take a lot more. Carcillo, meh not for a 2nd in 2009 and Obi, giving up way too much for what we get in return.

I'd actually sign Umberger to an offersheet just so he doesn't kill us in the next playoffs.
Actually, Perry score 29 goals in 70 games, and 54 pts playing with Ryan Getzlaf, who I think is a better offensive player than Koivu. I don't think that value wise, it's a bad trade, since Higgins is a better defensivly and has a lot a leadership, and adding Bouillon to a team like Anaheim won't hurt.

As for Carcillo, I know that I'm sending a lot, but for that type of player, I'm ready to give some. He is the perfect pest; he fights, scores, plays with grit, and his young. He will be better than Clarkson and Neil.

El Wama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2008, 01:50 AM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKiZO[X] View Post
Actually, Perry score 29 goals in 70 games, and 54 pts playing with Ryan Getzlaf, who I think is a better offensive player than Koivu. I don't think that value wise, it's a bad trade, since Higgins is a better defensivly and has a lot a leadership, and adding Bouillon to a team like Anaheim won't hurt.

As for Carcillo, I know that I'm sending a lot, but for that type of player, I'm ready to give some. He is the perfect pest; he fights, scores, plays with grit, and his young. He will be better than Clarkson and Neil.
You're right. I don't know why, but I was under the assumptions that he scored 40 goals this season. In this case, I guess Higgins and Bouillon would be enough. The question is not, why would you do that?

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2008, 10:37 AM
Kikizaz

I've been pondering a few trades and one i would like to see would be with the Vancouver Canucks.

Ohlund

for

Higgins
Pacoriety.

having a top four of Markov-Komisarek and Ohlund and Hamrlik would be terrific, although losing Higgins would be a shame... i guess that is what Hossa would replace.

The other one i thought of was

A. Kost
S. Kost

for Marian Gaborik or other superstar.

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Kikizaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris La Tigre View Post
I think Michalek is better than Higgins now. Plus, he's bigger, equally physical and just as mobile, if not quicker and faster than Higgins. Michalek at the top of his game is better than Higgins. Granted consistency is a problem, but likewise it is for Higgins. I think Michalek is a more dynamic player. It's close to a wash , but the difference in size is enough to imporve us.
Michalek also has the added benefit of Joe Thornton feeding him till he finally puts one in. If some Montreal Fans want to complain about HIggins missing his chances i would be scared to see what they would say about Milan Michalek. Also, Higgins is better defensively and faster. When our team is built around speed like it is right now, i am very reluctant to change that. (if only koivu was pre-Knee surgery, then our team would truly fly.) Another Reason i am loathe to trade Higgins without getting a Stud player in return is that Koivu and Higgins have chemistry and work well together. Why mess with lines that have worked for the past three years.

Old
05-31-2008, 10:58 AM
WeezyHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikizaz View Post
I've been pondering a few trades and one i would like to see would be with the Vancouver Canucks.

Ohlund

for

Higgins
Pacoriety.

having a top four of Markov-Komisarek and Ohlund and Hamrlik would be terrific, although losing Higgins would be a shame... i guess that is what Hossa would replace.

A. Kost
S. Kost

no

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 11:30 AM
Brisk-Illusion

Quote:

Ohlund

for

Higgins
Pacoriety.

A. Kost
S. Kost

I might do the first, I think we need a top 4 d more than another top 6 forward at this point.

But the Kost brothers would be the last players I'd ever trade unless the return was amazing (including Price)

Brisk-Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 12:14 PM
Uwey

I know I was laugh at before, but here is my proposal. I don't think we need to make deal for a forward as it stands, from the playoffs I think we could improve on our D, so consider this, the Hawks have several good young D-men & maybe willing to part with one. They also have Khabibluin under contract for this one last season with only Cory Crawford in the system.

So here is my proposal, Gainey offers Halak, Gorges or O'Bryne & maybe the rights to Perezhogin for Seabrook & a conditional draft pick for '09 based on whether the Hawks can sign Perezhogin in the off season. It could be also conditional based on his performance on the team to say whether it become a 2nd thru 5th round pick.

With the likes of Keith, Barker, Sopel & Wisnieuski in the ranks, I don't believe it is that much of a leap.

Last edited by Uwey: 05-31-2008 at 12:21 PM. Reason: My mistaken, I was under the impression that Byfuglien was a D-man, sorry.
Uwey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 12:48 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwey View Post
I know I was laugh at before, but here is my proposal. I don't think we need to make deal for a forward as it stands, from the playoffs I think we could improve on our D, so consider this, the Hawks have several good young D-men & maybe willing to part with one. They also have Khabibluin under contract for this one last season with only Cory Crawford in the system.

So here is my proposal, Gainey offers Halak, Gorges or O'Bryne & maybe the rights to Perezhogin for Seabrook & a conditional draft pick for '09 based on whether the Hawks can sign Perezhogin in the off season. It could be also conditional based on his performance on the team to say whether it become a 2nd thru 5th round pick.

With the likes of Keith, Barker, Sopel & Wisnieuski in the ranks, I don't believe it is that much of a leap.
Seabrook is pretty damn close to untouchable... and that's not even close to what it would take.

Old
05-31-2008, 01:07 PM
Uwey

I was under the impression that Keith was the untouchable on that defense???

Old
05-31-2008, 01:22 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

Ohlund

for

Higgins
Pacoriety.

A. Kost
S. Kost

No, we do not, nor do we trade for Mattias Ohlund. If Mattias Norstrom isn't going to retire and we can get him kinda cheap, then I'd get him over Ohlund.

Also, this draft is key, boys. Key. Draft picks, especially high ones could cost us the loss of potentially good players.

IMO, we should look at Brad Stuart, possibly Marian Hossa and Mats Sundin. Along with Stephane Yelle, like someone said before.

As for trading rights, why not Stoll?

Other possibilities:

Pascal Dupuis - He's a fiesty little guy who can kill penalties and chip in on the 3rd line.

Micheal Rozsival - A guy who came out this year for the Rangers and played solid defensively and offensively, but could have done so because it was his contract year.

Jay Pandolfo - Great enthusiasm, can kill penalties too and can play solid defensively.

Jason Smith - Will more than likely be signed by Philly, if he already hasn't, but he's a great leader, a great stay at home defenseman, always willing to block shots and knows what it takes to win in the playoffs, as he's does it every game in the regular season and then in the playoffs. He and Hammer could be a potentially great shutdown pair.

John-Micheal Liles would only help our offense. He's alright defensively, so he'd replace Streit, but they'd probably cost about the same.

One of the things we need for sure is someone to go to the front of the net on the powerplays and even in 5 on 5. Maybe Lats can fill that spot, who knows.

We also need players capable of doing a good job shutting players down. The line combo of Higgins, Chipchura and Begin/Kostop/UFA looks good and like it can do it with some offensive upside.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2008, 09:41 AM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Hells No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris La Tigre View Post
Here goes...

to Sharks: Higgins + 1st pick
to Canadiens: Michalek + 2nd pick

Just for the heck of it... Michalek brings size, Higgins brings effort when playing well... both players are inconsistent.
to translate:

current first liner and first rounder.

-for-

current THIRD liner and SECOND rounder.

Atlanta wanted Higgins when Atlanta and Montreal were talking about Hossa and thats why Bob Gainey didn't do it. Higgins fits into the long term picture (personally i wanna see him be a lifer)

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2008, 10:01 AM
MTL-rules

The way Hossa's playing right now, I would drool if Gainey could convince him to continue his career in Mtl... He'd be a perfect fit and the future when Kovalev and probably Koivu leave in 2009...

But, there'll be like 29 other teams (if not more, counting Europe) throwing contracts at him... but I still think we got a good chance... but probably will end up somewhere else, a place that always attracts UFA, like Boston (don't know why, though)...

Other than that, we need a winger (a good one, no Malone or another useless overrated *****) for Koivu and Sergei if Hossa doesn't sign, perhaps, a good 3rd liner... but, we don't need much change, this team is very very good, don't disrupt the chemistry...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2008, 10:02 AM
Kikizaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
No, we do not, nor do we trade for Mattias Ohlund. If Mattias Norstrom isn't going to retire and we can get him kinda cheap, then I'd get him over Ohlund.
please tell me you aren't comparing Ohlund to Norstrom. I don't find they are similar at all. They are both Swedish and play Defense but Norstrom plays a game much more suited to Hamrlik (Not a diss at Hammer, i love what he brings to our team). But Ohlund is big, can hit, can shoot, can pass, and if streit leaves can play the powerplay. He has lost a step since the lockout but the rest of his game is still quite sharp.

Old
06-01-2008, 10:06 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Higgins, 1 st 08 and D'Agostini for Ryan Suter.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Uwey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

Really????

Old
06-01-2008, 10:40 AM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
What's the point of substracting Offence for Defence at this point? Replace Higgins by O'byrne or Bouillon, but trading Higgins for a D-man is a REALLY dumb move.

Old
06-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Uwey

I'm totally against any trade that involves Higgins, IMO, his star has yet to shine.

He may not be the team top point producer, but he is the type of guy this team will need to reach it's pinnacle, no doubt in my mind about that.

Old
06-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Uwey

There is now talk about Ollie Jokinen now is willing to take a trade out of Florida.

Having tossed it around a bit, with a couple others, The Jokerman might just be a good fit in Montreal.

What would he cost is the question???

Ollie Jokinen, Mike Van Ryn & the 40th overall pick this June for Tomas Plekanec, Mike Komisarek & the 25th overall pick.

Maybe??? Maybe not???

Old
06-02-2008, 11:14 AM
Magic33

i dont really have a proposal, all i know is that if we can get a top 6 forward, and have higgins playing in a third line shutdown role, we would be MUCH better then last year. Higgins IS a third line shutdown guy who can chip in offensively, we just need a top 6 forward

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Chomsky

Quote:
There is now talk about Ollie Jokinen now is willing to take a trade out of Florida.

Having tossed it around a bit, with a couple others, The Jokerman might just be a good fit in Montreal.

What would he cost is the question???

Ollie Jokinen, Mike Van Ryn & the 40th overall pick this June for Tomas Plekanec, Mike Komisarek & the 25th overall pick.

Maybe??? Maybe not???
Honestly, I like Jokinen as a player, but Im not sure I like the person that much anymore. I wouldn't be willing pay that much for a LWer ('cause he's a terrible centre).

Maybe something along the lines of Latendresse, Valentenko and D'agostini. I wouldn't give much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
i dont really have a proposal, all i know is that if we can get a top 6 forward, and have higgins playing in a third line shutdown role, we would be MUCH better then last year. Higgins IS a third line shutdown guy who can chip in offensively, we just need a top 6 forward
We don't "need" a top 6 forward, but we could use a RHed top 6 winger or centre that's for sure.. I mean, our biggest needs up front are size and grit, but let's not forget about RHed forwards.. especially on the powerplay. With the lose of Ryder and Smolinski this season, it leave us with only kostopoulos and lapierre (D'agostini coming up).. meaning that either of Kostopoulos or Lapierre would be used at 5-on-3... ewww. Furthermore, we could really use a RHed PPQB to replace Streit. If he's ready Mathieu Carle could be an option, but if he's not, we could use a guy like Rozsival.

Oh and Higgins IS a top 6 forward whether you like it or not, when you score 27 goals at 24 years old, you are. Maybe not first line material, but 2nd line for sure.

Our Options for RHed top 6 forwards now.. are:

UFA: Vrbata, Sundin, and that's about it.

Trade: Hejduk, Svatos, Justin Williams, etc...

So if we can get a guy like Hejduk or Williams for not too much, it might be tempting to trade prospects and players for them.

Last edited by Chomsky: 06-02-2008 at 12:11 PM.
Old
06-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Uwey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
Honestly, I like Jokinen as a player, but Im not sure I like the person that much anymore. I wouldn't be willing pay that much for a LWer ('cause he's a terrible centre).

Maybe something along the lines of Latendresse, Valentenko and D'agostini. I wouldn't give much more.

I'm sorry, but you won't get The Jokerman for a couple of maybes!!!

Old
06-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
I'm sorry, but you won't get The Jokerman for a couple of maybes!!!
I know, that's why I don't want the Joker.